• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Lupe in a week.
VwoH547.png

big ander

BBNG x Ghostface Killah project
that will be delayed...cause it's Ghostface lol
Most excited for this and Bronson. gonna check out this blu soon though

wait what by who? (last song called that was by the weeknd lol)

If you don't recognize the name "John Carpenter" as anything other than a weeknd track, you gotta watch The Thing, and Halloween, Escape from New York, The Fog, Assault on Precinct 13 (1976), Big Trouble in Little China, They Live and Dark Star and Christine and Prince of Darkness and Starman and In the Mouth of Madness just...now. do it

I never thought I'd get the opportunity to really be excited about anything new from Carpenter but "Vortex" is vintage. That album is gonna be my October theme music.

If you don't recognize the name "John Carpenter" as anything other than a weeknd track, you gotta watch The Thing, and Halloween, Escape from New York, The Fog, Assault on Precinct 13 (1976), Big Trouble in Little China, They Live and Dark Star and Christine and Prince of Darkness and Starman and In the Mouth of Madness just...now. do it

no i know who he is haha i was just thinking in terms of music and i associate his name as more of a director

big ander

no i know who he is haha i was just thinking in terms of music and i associate his name as more of a director

Hah got you. Yeah not only did dude direct those but he composed the scores, meaning stuff like the iconic Halloween theme. personal favorite is the Halloween III score, though really just for nostalgia reasons

Vorheez

Toku/Disco

I've been keeping up with Hannibal and it has been picking up steam towards the end of the first season. I'm enjoying it considerably more than when it first began, but I'm confused by one event.

Why is Hannibal hiding Will's diagnosis from him? I'm not sure if I've simply missed something (admittedly I've been drinking) or if it will unravel as the show continues? It's driving me mad, nonetheless.

Tokubetsu

Toku/Disco

I've been keeping up with Hannibal and it has been picking up steam towards the end of the first season. I'm enjoying it considerably more than when it first began, but I'm confused by one event.

Why is Hannibal hiding Will's diagnosis from him? I'm not sure if I've simply missed something (admittedly I've been drinking) or if it will unravel as the show continues? It's driving me mad, nonetheless.

He's fucking with him basically. Hannibal wants to see how far he can push will/break him. He wants some kind of friend or partner out of Will but first he has to mold him. The sickness is helping

Vorheez

He's fucking with him basically. Hannibal wants to see how far he can push will/break him. He wants some kind of friend or partner out of Will but first he has to mold him. The sickness is helping
I appreciate this analysis more than my initial one.
I assumed that Hannibal was using it to try and frame him from the beginning. Hannibal knew his interest in Will was risking his own freedom, so he was planning on using Will's mental illness as something to fall back on if he happened to "fail" in helping him. Obviously this ended up happening anyways, but I don't think Hannibal wanted that outcome. I feel he genuinely cared about Abigail and Will.

I'm excited for season 2.

Tokubetsu

I appreciate this analysis more than my initial one.
I assumed that Hannibal was using it to try and frame him from the beginning. Hannibal knew his interest in Will was risking his own freedom, so he was planning on using Will's mental illness as something to fall back on if he happened to "fail" in helping him. Obviously this ended up happening anyways, but I don't think Hannibal wanted that outcome. I feel he genuinely cared about Abigail and Will.

I'm excited for season 2.

Thats the thing with Hannibal. Him caring about you can be just as bad if not worse than the opposite. You don't want to be on his radar at all.
Might start Hannibal in the next few weeks since it's on prime video.

Wait John Carpenter is dropping an album? Awesome.

Love Hannibal though it's not for everbody it's probably my favorite show on TV right now. If there is any show I'm 100% behind it's Hannibal. It's like a baroque painting. Filled with details from the lighting down to non traditional score.

Nibel

Need to watch Hannibal as well; Mads Mikkelsen is an amazing actor.

TV is so much fun right now, a bunch of great shows these times. Kinda miss the old-school 90's sitcoms though.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Need to watch Hannibal as well; Mads Mikkelsen is an amazing actor.

TV is so much fun right now, a bunch of great shows these times. Kinda miss the old-school 90's sitcoms though.

Good news, Friends and Frasier on on Netflix. Still no Seinfeld though.

Nibel

Good news, Friends and Frasier on on Netflix. Still no Seinfeld though.

I read somewhere they were in the final phases of bringing Seinfeld to Netflix. Let's hope they manage to do in 2015.

I also miss stuff like Fresh Prince or Family Matters; I could watch them every day. Not sure if they are available on the US Netflix.

I like Kevin Gates, but he fucks cousins. It was a little joke. Unless you do fuck your cousin then hey no wonder you liked Kevin Gates so much to add titles to your posts.
:moonface:

Wait John Carpenter is dropping an album? Awesome.

I got his autograph on my bluray copy of the thing. So blessed. He looked really old and frail though :(

Yeah I don't like hannibal nearly as much as toku but one thing it's damn good at is style. Every shot looks nice

And @vorheez. Basically what toku said, I also saw it as hannibal just being curious at how far his mental limits could be tested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom