• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

tbh i think fantano does privately make shitty music and knows it so we'll never hear it
QbadP.png

HiResDes

Omg, can't believe that Furry community thread isn't a parody one. The OP is obsessively long on mobile too, I just tried to skim it and it was impossible to make it to the end.

IrishNinja

catching up on a few pages of this fuckery is like
dPrJaGc.png

i mean what finally got blasian, and someone gotta explain the wet floor sign reference

also let nibels live

You know you've fucked up when post-LASERS Lupe Fiasco completely destroys you on Twitter.
KuGsj.gif

goddamn, it feels weird rooting for lupe here but that was an excellent sonning

Yeah, I really hate how making a diss track is considered "corny" now, but going back and forth like some hoes on Twitter is alright.

when was the last good diss track, and who called it corny?

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-official-smiley-gif-making-thread.515/

gotta register and have more than 10 posts to see the thread tho

..not worth it

Ya'll aware Bjorks next album (2015) will be produced by Arca?

awww shit, wasn't even expecting this!

Guys is it true that the Colbert Kendrick track might not even on his album?

What is this madness

sadcamb0x0l.png

yeah, should've seen it as a b-side but still a letdown, i dug it

nice, fuckin with this and the roc track...i loved 2000

toku only speaks from the heart...even when hes calling you trash, hes just being his tsundere self.

oh my god, he's tsundere as fuck in 2015, how did i not see this

when was the last good diss track, and who called it corny?

For me it would have to be Gucci's "Truth" off top, which is widely considered ether to Jeezy.

But for a while now, I've seen a fair share of people on various message boards consider diss tracks "beneath" rappers like much of this Hiphop shit isn't grounded on competition or something. Sad thing is, I think many of these rappers believe it too, either that or they really just don't have the skill to go heads up with each other. They'd rather go back and forth on social media...maybe drop a sublminal line or 2, but rarely an outright diss track anymore.

Shit is lame to me.

1) Nicki Minaj—The Pinkprint: Nicki Minaj’s third week out, and she’s not going anywhere. The rapper remains at the #2 spot (while Taylor Swift remains at #1, geez). This week The Pinkprint did 84,000 sales and streams (sales: 51,000), with her total sales rising to 355,000.

2) J. Cole—2014 Forest Hills Drive: This week J. Cole slips down one spot to #7 after charting for four weeks. The Fayetteville native’s album has already gone gold, and moved another 59,000 copies this week (sales: 47,000). His grand tally: 624,000.

3) Iggy Azalea— Reclassified: Although Iggy may not be getting very much love from the rapsphere, someone’s buying her album. The New Classic re-issue, Reclassified, soars up the Billboard 200 this week arriving at #16—from #67 last week. In her sixth week charting, Iggy managed to move 29,461—but that large number is due mainly to album streams and single sales; her album sales were just over 5k (sales: 5,242). Iggy gets to take full advantage of Billboard’s new charting calculations.

4) Fabolous—The Young OG Project: After making a healthy #12 debut with The Young OG Project last week, Fabolous drops down to #20 this week. In his second week out, he does 25,044 (sales: 21,399). Thus he brings his total number up to 96,044, just under 100k.

5) Beyonce— Beyonce: Beyonce’s album rises up five more spots this week only to land at #30. She’s been charting strong for 56 weeks now. This week, the album did 18,680 when it comes to sales and streams (sales: 7,754). Her total sales are 2,187,200.

6) D’Angelo—Black Messiah: The return of D’Angelo on the Billboard 200 has been pretty strong thus far. This week the singer makes the fall from #25 to #32 in his third week out. The new album did 17,763 units in streams and sales (sales: 16,179), bringing his total number to 165,233.

7) Eminem— Shady XV: The Shady Records compilation see a spurt up the charts this week, rising to #39. The album may not have received the best reviews, but fans continue to support, scooping up 14,133 copies (sales: 10,922). The total sales for Shady XV stand at 235,665.

8) Chris Brown—X: Breezy rises up several spots as well, climbing from #54 to #46. This rise up the charts translates to numbers of 13,524 in sales and streams (sales: 5,492). The total sales for X are 335,000.

Cole world.

Cole winnin'.

Brown had one of the top 3 biggest songs of the summer and won't go gold.

Surprised that it seems like Nicki will go gold afterall.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So we're all in agreement that Game on Chiraq to LA was verse of the year, right?

Gotta channel DMX
Coming through with my dogs
grrrrrrrr
That chopper's going through walls

Green Light
That means go, n***a
If you ever see this ho n***a, on mamas n***a, it's a
Green Light
From where my n***a died, to Riverside, even your n***as know, it's a
Green Light
Better run through the red ones,
'fuck around and be a dead one.

Never heard of these n***as
Some of the nerve of these n***as
Don't make me put on burgundy, n***a.

They ain't start making guns when they made you, n***a

Maybe not the most technically impressive verse but it's long as fuck and entertaining all the way though. The slick talk is consistent and A1, and even the one liners are memorable.

What do y'all think was verse of the year?

Nibel

D'Angelo deserves some more sold units, Black Messiah is a great piece of music.

Cole's album is a huge surprise and might change things. Who knew a teaser trailer is all you need to sell the most albums? Wonder if Drake and others will stick to the usual formula of releasing singles/videos first and album afterwards.

Cole world.

damn didn't realize he had sold that much can't hate on that

So we're all in agreement that Game on Chiraq to LA was verse of the year, right?

Maybe not the most technically impressive verse but it's long as fuck and entertaining all the way though. The slick talk is consistent and A1, and even the one liners are memorable.

What do y'all think was verse of the year?

it was definitely good
ill dig up some good ones in a bit

Esch

Banned
Honestly there wasnt a single verse that stood out to me as some pure
cDgKBHK.png
shit, like Scottie Pippens or Control.

Kinda sums up the year in general.

Dunno what the best verse of 2014 was, but the one that stood out the most to me is definitely Wiki's second verse on Snow Beach, from the Ratking album. Quite a poetic, evocative glimpse of NYC.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Might have to go edit my AotY list and move Black Milk into my top 10. Such a wonderful and varied package, and definitely getting a lot of burn from me ATM, long after my end of year music binge.

Best verse ->
Kendrick at Colbert #powerful

But I must admit I was more impressed by the delivery of it

Especially the Indian verse. It's a textbook example of rhyming within the pocket of the beat while still switching up the rhyming pattern.

It'll be interesting to hear what a studio verse sounds like, vocally. I'd imagine it'll feature Kendrick's often used conversational voice/flow. But I really wonder what Anna Wise and Bilal sound like on the final version. It would be idiotic not to release that track, even if it's a bonus track on the album. The response was the exact opposite of how "i" was received.

Nibel

Especially the Indian verse. It's a textbook example of rhyming within the pocket of the beat while still switching up the rhyming pattern.

It'll be interesting to hear what a studio verse sounds like, vocally. I'd imagine it'll feature Kendrick's often used conversational voice/flow. But I really wonder what Anna Wise and Bilal sound like on the final version. It would be idiotic not to release that track, even if it's a bonus track on the album. The response was the exact opposite of how "i" was received.

Well, he said in that Billboard (?) interview that it was a one off thing, but I agree with you that this needs to be released, at least on a deluxe version or as a iTunes exclusive. I have that Colbert video tab open in Chrome for days and I'm sick of it.

Other than that, I can't come up with with another memorable verse. There have been some catchy hooks in 2014 though. Shitty, but catchy.

6 God by Drake was pretty hype
and another great one verse song was the first track off that Montana/Fraud mixtape but that's more of a "song is the whole package" kind of thing.

Lil Wayne actually spit a great verse on the Errrbody remix (partially thanks to delivery):

Antwon - Loser was excellent, albeit much darker.

Chester Watson - PicBascassquiato may have had one of the best openers to a verse
Check it, I'm feeling like PicBascassquiato
And the clap of her thick ass match staccato

Top 10 has to be verse 2 on Real by Freddie Gibbs though
excerpt:

The world ain't big enough for both of us
Batter up, now you pussy niggas getting fucked
Straight raw with infection, passing no prophylactic
Eastside, anybody killa, my niggas active
Smoking and breaking a 7 up in a 6-5-0
Babyface Gangsta I been slanging, banging since 9-4
I thought the world was at my feet when I linked up with Snow
But I refuse to be his flunkie, so we don't kick it no mo'
Straight to the facts, nigga
I looked up to you, put that on my momma
Signed a deal with you and never asked you for a dollar
Cause I was down with CTE, plus I was getting cheese
I played my fuck ass contract, what the lick read?
Thought I'd say this shit cause you ain't man enough to come discuss it
You wanna be Jay-Z? Nigga you just a fucking puppet
Gary boys ain't 'bout talkin', so bitch I had to show ya
Don't make me expose you to those that don't know ya

edit:

for one most probs haven't heard:

Jae Smoove - Don't Wanna Hear it:

Scottie pippens shits on control

Speaking of Montana/fraud intro these Florence and the machine samples in hip hop are always good. That track record....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom