• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Which tracks get y'all emotional?

Got Nate playing by Staples and I need a minute over here brehs. I can't watch the music video anymore because the scene at the end where young staples is walking through the house and sees the holes in the wall breaks me down everytime. Hits me too close to home.
Family Business
Starin' Through My Rearview. (I feel like if I did drugs I would have a critical emotional break down every time I heard this song)

One life- The Last Emperor and Too Poetic

The content and the hook, but it's the way that beat ends. Hits me everytime. I only listen to this song once a year, in September, on the anniversary of my uncles death

CRS

Yeah, just finished watching this. I can't believe 2Chainz drops a "Truuuuuuuuu" on her. Fucking lost it.

Go to 3:10 of this video.

The interview was a fucking mess. She goes from starting the debate with a case of a dumbass parent giving weed to their child and then turns the debate into an interview of 2 Chainz (just to point out that 2 Chainz sold weed growing up) and then back to some case of another dumbass dumbass parent.

jbug617

Banned
am i wrong to think that this whole Wayne vs Cash Money some sort of publicity to hype up Carter 5 so it could push units. There really wasn't any buzz for the Carter 5 like the other Carters got.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
am i wrong to think that this whole Wayne vs Cash Money some sort of publicity to hype up Carter 5 so it could push units. There really wasn't any buzz for the Carter 5 like the other Carters got.
I think the Nicki/Meek/Safaree thing is exactly the same TBH. The way it's constantly evolving feels a bit too mechanical.

Speaking of that, new YM signee:

video_image-413825.jpg

She did a Leona Lewis cover, which is like one of the few things she has out.

DominoKid

and yet the only things people care about in that camp are Rich Gang and whatever Drake has going on. and they're so fuckin low key with it.

i bet privately Drake and his team clown the hell out of the Wayne & Nicki shitshow

Drake clowning Nicki and Wayne over anything?

We talking about the same Drake?! The Drake that has orgasms in interviews when talking about Wayne? The same Drake who simps the ever living fuck outta Nicki?

Shit, Drake probably penned this entire drama himself. "Don't worry guys, I use to be on Degrassi. I can get you guys buzzing." *pulls out pen with feather on the end*

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Drake clowning Nicki and Wayne over anything?

We talking about the same Drake?! The Drake that has orgasms in interviews when talking about Wayne? The same Drake who simps the ever living fuck outta Nicki?

Shit, Drake probably penned this entire drama himself. "Don't worry guys, I use to be on Degrassi. I can get you guys buzzing." *pulls out pen with feather on the end*

"This is how we did it back in the neighborhood."

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
first ep of that Noisey Atlanta series is out

"What's the trap? It's on way in, one way out."

Thanks for the link.

Some real shit. Had no idea there was a Big Meech in Lynwood, ATL and Lynwood, Detroit. Or maybe they're the same? From Los Angeles to ATL to Detriot it's all connected.

The D is the only thing that's profiting for me
Feeling like Big Meech, when we're 'bout to cook up
But not the one from B.M.F. dog, the one from Lynwood
It ain't a nigga I know
Three years straight, three dollar blows
Good any hood, anywhere I go I'm straight

Danny Brown, The Hybrid, Track 1, Greatest Rapper Ever

Read between the lines.

Theee years straight, three dollar blows
Good any hood, anywhere I go I'm straight
Can't respect dudes like Drake or Young Jeezy who were supposedly about that life but it's all fairly tale.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Can't respect dudes like Drake or Young Jeezy who were supposedly about that life but it's all fairly tale.
Drake doesn't really claim it. He embellishes like every other rapper when he's in war mode or the Drake-equivalent but it's pretty well established he was never nothing.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Drake doesn't really claim it. He embellishes like every other rapper when he's in war mode or the Drake-equivalent but it's pretty well established he was never nothing.

Started from the bottom of Toronto Suburbs.

Im the fuckin' man, you get it, do you?

Drake claims it but was never bout it. Yeah, "The Motto" and "0-100" bump just dont claim you're about some serious shit when you were never.

overcast

Favorite verses from 2014:

Second verse off Planet Paradise by Goldlink. Not so much the content, as the delivery. When he gets on point in this verse it's ridiculously satisfying. Around 2:20 specifically.

Both verses on Lie Cheat Steal are so good. I'll go with Killer Mike's cause of that immaculate delivery though.
A revolutionary bangin' on my adversaries
And I love Dr. King but violence might be necessary
Cause when you live on MLK and it gets very scary
You might have to pull your AK, send one to the cemetery
We overworked, underpaid, and we underprivileged
They love us, they love us (why?)
Because we feed the village
You really made it or just became a prisoner of privilege?
You willing to share that information that you’ve been given?
Like who really run this?
Like who really run that man that say he run this?
Who who really run that man that say he run this, run run run run this?
Like who really fund this?
Like who really fund who say he fund this?
Like who in the world gon' tell Donald Sterl who to put on the “you can’t come” list?
Now don’t be silly
Who the fuck gon' bully me if I got a billi?
If I got a billi and the bitch recording me I’m like who cares
What I wouldn’t be is on TV stutterin' ta-ta-talkin' scared
So the question is when Don’s at home with that traitor ass bitch alone
Who’s that voice on the side of the phone that shakes and rattles his bones?
Could it be the man behind the man behind the man behind the throne?
Gone

First verse on Break Da Bank. Pretty great combo of flow and content.

Metro Nome. Wiki's verse. Kind of just steals the song.

First verse on Qualifiers by Open Mike. Love this bit:
Fuck you if you're a white man that assumes I speak for black folks
Fuck you if you're a white man who thinks I can't speak for black folk

Gibbs on Old English.

Future has the best part of Move That Dope. Pretty easily. WHIPPIN THE YAM

DominoKid

Started from the bottom of Toronto Suburbs.

Drake claims it but was never bout it. Yeah, "The Motto" and "0-100" bump just dont claim you're about some serious shit when you were never.

Folks really take a few flexing bars real seriously lol. Then ignore the ones where he actually says what you want him to say though.

That Noisey Atlanta shit is so damn corny

"who is big meech"

He asked that shit in the corniest way possible. That dude know who Meech is. He just trying to get it from a primary source.

Courage

He's on some sadboy, "nobody loves me but I'm still gonna be myself" shit right now. Look how hard he's trying with the sweater and saying he doesn't shower. A more pathetic, self-depreciating version of modern Kendrick. It'll change in a month or 2, stay tuned.

thabiz

He's on some sadboy, "nobody loves me but I'm still gonna be myself" shit right now. Look how hard he's trying with the sweater and saying he doesn't shower. A more pathetic, self-depreciating version of modern Kendrick. It'll change in a month or 2, stay tuned.

gambino aside, this schtick for celebs is nauseating. YOURE A FUCKING MILLIONAIRE

Tokubetsu

Gambino dressing like that girl you fuck and then never wants to leave your bed. She likes to feel your hand on the back of her neck and reading Haruki Murakami.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
gambino aside, this schtick for celebs is nauseating. YOURE A FUCKING MILLIONAIRE

Right? Yeah, your fans feel your pain bro, as you're banging ScarJo lookalikes in your mansion and never having to worry about paying bills. But, yeah, no. Keep trying to squeeze pity out of people so they buy your iTunes single.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
What is Gambino's target demographic? He seems like a different person in each medium that he works in.

casual rap fans and radio listeners and people who want to convince themselves that the native tongue movement will comeback some day.

All jokes aside his best songs are just rap Easy listening songs.

Yeah Gambino does ride other rappers styles hard. He is a hipster version of the Game

injurai

Banned
casual rap fans and radio listeners and people who want to convince themselves that the native tongue movement will comeback some day.

All jokes aside his best songs are just rap Easy listening songs.

I still don't get why he beefs with people though. There for a while he really was trying to sell himself as hard. Taking too many cues from Drake, but I think you're right. He's conceded to being that role.

Esch

Banned
A Kanye stan criticizing rappers for having a persecution complex and trying too hard with their wardrobe and mannerisms.

Amazing.

Simply sensational.

Courage

A Kanye stan criticizing rappers for having a persecution complex and trying too hard with their wardrobe and mannerisms.

Amazing.

Simply sensational.

Nah fam, you're mistaking organic artistic progression with blatant theft and no identity. Kanye's personas/styles through time always reflect his state of mind at the moment. You can tell Gambino ain't about that life. He's got so many facets as an artist that he just feels like a hopeless mishmash all around. Scust at even comparing the two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom