• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

Nah fam, you're mistaking organic artistic progression with blatant thievery and no identity. Kanye's personas/styles through time always reflect his state of mind at the moment. You can tell Gambino ain't about that life. He's got so many facets as an artist that he just feels like a hopeless mishmash all around. Scust at even comparing the two.

amazing.

simply sensational.

Esch

Banned
Nah fam, you're mistaking organic artistic progression with blatant theft and no identity. Kanye's personas/styles through time always reflect his state of mind at the moment. You can tell Gambino ain't about that life. He's got so many facets as an artist that he just feels like a hopeless mishmash all around. Scust at even comparing the two.
Sensational.

Simply amazing.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Nah fam, you're mistaking organic artistic progression with blatant theft and no identity. Kanye's personas/styles through time always reflect his state of mind at the moment. You can tell Gambino ain't about that life. He's got so many facets as an artist that he just feels like a hopeless mishmash all around. Scust at even comparing the two.

How to stan 101.

Cheddahz

Banned

Cheddahz

Banned
Most people can't afford a bedroom startover whilst in college, don't hate yo.

I'm not talking about people who can't afford it, but people who are in their late 20s and just don't want to grow up and shit they worried about in high school everyday is the stuff they still worry about

injurai

Banned
I'm not talking about people who can't afford it, but people who are in their late 20s and just don't want to grow up and shit they worried about in high school everyday is the stuff they still worry about

nah, those aren't his target. He's looking a bit higher for affirmation.

studyguy

Nancy Grace has all the ability of a toddler when arguing. Shout dudes down or playing the dummy when they make reasonable points. It plays to her fanbase much like Bino looking like a bum and acting like a tortured millionare plays to his fanbase. There's a lot of parallels there you could draw. It's all an act brehs.

Nancy Grace has all the ability of a toddler when arguing. Shout dudes down or playing the dummy when they make reasonable points. It plays to her fanbase much like Bino looking like a bum and acting like a tortured millionare plays to his fanbase. There's a lot of parallels there you could draw. It's all an act brehs.

nancy grace is scum

He asked that shit in the corniest way possible. That dude know who Meech is. He just trying to get it from a primary source.

Regardless it just seemed so disengenuous. Everybody wanna talk about culture vultures but nobody wanna talk about the outlets. I mean noisey/pitchfork/fader kinda fell into being the main source of rap writing when xxl and vibe became the "urban" tmz but it just shows how these outlets are just carrying rap music along rather than fully investing in it.

thabiz

Regardless it just seemed so disengenuous. Everybody wanna talk about culture vultures but nobody wanna talk about the outlets. I mean noisey/pitchfork/fader kinda fell into being the main source of rap writing when xxl and vibe became the "urban" tmz but it just shows how these outlets are just carrying rap music along rather than fully investing in it.

i thought the point of those sites was to cover all music? xxl and vibe were rap/r&b only. why would they fully invest in it, when its only a part of what they cover.

i thought the point of those sites was to cover all music? xxl and vibe were rap/r&b only. why would they fully invest in it, when its only a part of what they cover.

Because they are the new tastemakers when it comes to rap. Your point just shows how rap/r&b is lacking something credible. Not too long ago, XXL did a post where they put up one of those fake leaked kanye tracklists. Everything just became about clicks rather than the content itself. Its facts that lists generate traffic (I used to write for a site) but that's just a lazy form of writing. I just want more critical thought when it comes to my music

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
XXL/Vibe got crushed by the blog scene. And then the blogs even started producing better original content while those magazines were still debating if they should keep a physical magazine and whether they'll make it into the black from their freshman list.

Plus they were slow to the video content game.

thabiz

Because they are the new tastemakers when it comes to rap. Your point just shows how rap/r&b is lacking something credible. Not too long ago, XXL did a post where they put up one of those fake leaked kanye tracklists. Everything just became about clicks rather than the content itself. Its facts that lists generate traffic (I used to write for a site) but that's just a lazy form of writing. I just want more critical thought when it comes to my music

then find it and stop looking to the mass media for it.

kai3345

Banned
hey yall while we're on the topic of of music sites, my roommate recently launched his online magazine covering southern music: MUD

It's in the early goings right now, but I think they've got a lot of potential and some of the stuff they have lined up that he's been talking to me about sounds really cool.

I wasn't put up to it by my roommate to promote this or whatever, I think they're doing some genuinely p interesting stuff.

thabiz

hey yall while we're on the topic of of music sites, my roommate recently launched his online magazine covering southern music: MUD

It's in the early goings right now, but I think they've got a lot of potential and some of the stuff they have lined up that he's been talking to me about sounds really cool.

I wasn't put up to it by my roommate to promote this or whatever, I think they're doing some genuinely p interesting stuff.

dude. theres a ashley simpson AND a maroon 5 track on one of the mixes.

dude. theres a ashley simpson AND a maroon 5 track on one of the mixes.

image.php

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finally watched the full Nancy Grace interview.

Goodness gracious could she sound more mentally deficient and hick-esque? You got sonned by 2 Chainz on your show. Quit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Mike WiLL Made It ft. Jace & Two-9 - Fuck U Expect video.

2 Chainz - Road Dawg. Mess with this marginally more than the other stuff he's been putting out recently. Dude is still in desperate need of another hit.

A-Trak ft. Andrew Wyatt - Push video. This video is a head spinner lol TM88 sniffing panties and shit. NSFW.

Dipset - Have My Money. Kind of boring. Their new mixtape will be hosted by DJ Mustard, Swizz Beatz AND DJ Khaled. Yeah.. uh..

Flying Lotus - Coronus, The Terminator video. Kind of intriguing (the video).

Freddie Gibbs - Satin Black (Prod. by Hanni El Khatib).

Raury ft. Malik Shakur - Fly. Lazy copypasta:

“I wrote ‘Fly’ right after hearing that Darren Wilson was not being indicted for murdering Mike Brown. I wrote it instantly that the words and music didn’t even feel like mine. I knew that this track belonged to the universe.

‘Fly’ is a reset button on the revolution. ‘Fly’ is an ode to the ones who were wrongfully murdered, mourning the deaths and also looking on the bright side to help us find peace in the fact that they are in a better place, they fly in heaven now.

My best friend Malik Shakur also felt the need to express his hope for the future and the growth of Black excellence when he recorded with me in the midst of America trying to capture his Aunt Assata Shakur. He also looks to walk along with me, as we heal the world through love and high-frequency music.

IrishNinja

why do people have to work why can't the government just give us free money like they do with countblackule :(

damn, i aint even see which post got blasian bodied, and another one bites the dust
RIP JC, your recklessness can't be gone for long

When Drake finally does catch a body, you guys will be sorry you clowned him.

ohhhhh but this is not a tape recordin saying that he did it
but ever since that day? i been lookin at him different nothing was the same

Gambino dressing like that girl you fuck and then never wants to leave your bed. She likes to feel your hand on the back of her neck and reading Haruki Murakami.

tokus sometimes i feel like we've dipped in the same pool out here fam

people who want to convince themselves that the native tongue movement will comeback some day.

Nah fam, you're mistaking a 20 year hiatus to work on progression with straight sleeping. Q-Tip's personas/styles through time always reflect his state of mind at the moment. You can tell Lupe/Bino etc ain't about that life. He's got so many flows as an artist that he just feels like a hopeless mishmash all around. Scust at even comparing the two.

big ander

Aw bummed I let myself think maybe Conan might interview mike and el on top of them performing, which I think almost never happens (maybe it just never never happens, I don't watch talk shows in full) but it woulda been cool.

Hope they don't do Early again

HiResDes

Copped the new Nacho without even listening like a true stan

And I noticed these albums also came out recently:

2dopeboyz said:
after signing to Dom Kennedy's OpM imprint last fall, the Santa Monica natives have released their anticipated new project Ghetto Beach Boyz today. With the likes of Dom Kennedy, Tunji, Arima Ederra, and more, and highlighted by the singles "A1Day1," "Can Ya Blame Me" and "Whisper," fans can listen to the project - via Spotify, unfortunately - below.

2dopeboyz said:
Phony Ppl have dropped their anticipated new album Yesterday’s Tomorrow. With songs such as "Why iii Love the Moon" and "End Of The Night," the album's theme of "living, dealing with problems, learning self-confidence, and [practicing] the 'best kind of love,' self love" is prevalent throughout the album's 15 tracks. Stream the project - via Spotify, unfortunately - below, then cop a copy on iTunes.

2dopeboyz said:
Wavy Wallace was one of Two-9's original members, but has long since struck out on his own. He recently released his new album CBA (Could've Been An Album), with the likes of Key!, Metro Boomin, Honorable C-Note, Sonny Digital and more guesting throughout. Peep one of the offerings from the tape, featuring a shrieking Lil Lil Wayne over a bass-heavy number, below.

...Currently bumping this Wavy Wallace, shit is super chill

freddie gibbs is way too reliable forreal. a man with this much talent surely fucked up somewhere to not get any major chances/features.

Part of me feels like it's kinda for the best. He's not really fighting for Radio play and doesn't have to try to make singles that sell at all times so he can just kinda do what he wants.

I would've loved to see him be a Major player, but at this point, I kinda like where he's at. He can just kinda quietly kill it and not like...have to worry about making crossover hits or appealing to mass audience or some shit.

freddie gibbs is way too reliable forreal. a man with this much talent surely fucked up somewhere to not get any major chances/features.

hard for him to make a radio single i would say
sounds like he's fine with his niche though
guy puts out good music i can't complain
pinata was top 5 if not higher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom