• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

Honestly, you wouldn't miss much out on if you didn't listen to e-40 and too short. Quik and D.O.C. would be a better pick.

Edit: I guess you can listen to In A Major Way and/or Charlie Hustle and if you like it, continue exploring.

codhand

Honestly, you wouldn't miss much out on if you didn't listen to e-40 and too short. Quik and D.O.C. would be a better pick.

ehh, they just have a shit-ton of material / albums for one person to go through, but i agree

Some ones i dont recall seeing:

Aceyalone

Alkaholiks first published madlib beat and verse i believe, also declaime, and wildchild (Lootpack)
Beatnuts
DJ Shadow - Entroducing, has no rap verses, but is mandatory
Digital Underground
Casual - Fear Itself
Somone said Diamond D - Stunt Blunts, right?
Brand Nubian
Kurious

Nibel

oVLtyGU.png

KuGsj.gif

IrishNinja

man i'd put Blackstar, Reflection Eternal, Black on Both Sides and most of Kwality or whatever over the best third of Beautiful Struggle, though...bought that album with a shirt and that was around when i stopped being that white Kweli fan

It's just as good as his debut and I personally like it better than GRoDT.

most tracks felt like they followed the same formula, but didn't do much interesting with it - others included one of the weakest diss tracks of that era
i just don't see it, album felt like Got Rich & Stopped Tryin

DMX's first two albums.

adjusted for consistency

RBK

Banned
most tracks felt like they followed the same formula, but didn't do much interesting with it - others included one of the weakest diss tracks of that era
i just don't see it, album felt like Got Rich & Stopped Tryin

Fair enough, still some classic 50 tracks on there. But on a serious note...

Better diss song of 2005?: Fresh Azimiz or Piggy Bank?

Anyone read the verified annotation for the last couple lines in The Blacker the Berry?
Interesting analysis by Michael Chabon:

"In this final couplet, Kendrick Lamar employs a rhetorical move akin to—and in its way even more devastating than—Common’s move in the last line of “I Used to Love H.E.R.”: snapping an entire lyric into place with a surprise revelation of something hitherto left unspoken. In “H.E.R.”, Common reveals the identity of the song’s “her”—hip hop itself—forcing the listener to re-evaluate the entire meaning and intent of the song. Here, Kendrick Lamar reveals the nature of the enigmatic hypocrisy that the speaker has previously confessed to three times in the song without elaborating: that he grieved over the murder of Trayvon Martin when he himself has been responsible for the death of a young black man. Common’s “her” is not a woman but hip hop itself; Lamar’s “I” is not (or not only) Kendrick Lamar but his community as a whole. This revelation forces the listener to a deeper and broader understanding of the song’s “you”, and to consider the possibility that “hypocrisy” is, in certain situations, a much more complicated moral position than is generally allowed, and perhaps an inevitable one."

edit: i know it was obvious lol i meant more cool was who was analyzing

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Big Sean - Patience vlog. VOYR > Sean's shit.

Plies ft. Lil Wayne & K Camp - Find You. I like the hook.

Lil Herb - Rollin'. Super wack, and it's not just his flow this time.

2 Chainz, Cap 1, Skooly, Short Dawg & Kaleb – Keep It 100 video.

Complex sit down with Bobby Shmurda's Attorney.
- He filed motions challenging whether the indictment was legal, whether the Grand Jury presented the case in a legal fashion, whether the search warrant was legit, etc.
- Says the phone conversations presented are what most teenagers from that age and "that life" would talk about
- Says they're painting him as an enforcer when there are no victims in his case, NYPD and stuff are putting on a show
- Never had a client with similar charges with $2M bail, average income in Bobby's area is $40k, maybe less
- The previous bail offering was in equity/property, and owners of that property couldn't agree on whether to put it up; the people who put it up were trying to become managers
- Sees it as a glorified gun case to tighten a social contract with the public

Holy shit at the segregation in Atlanta.

Jesus Christ.

new CyHi The Prynce
album in 2-3 days apparently?
Not feeling this, TBH. Not sure how to feel about BHP2. I mean I don't even really want that but the vibe of these songs is something else.

Exceedingly awful. Ghost not even trying.

This is even better than the original, wow. Everyone snapped.

I thought this was pretty apparent from the very beginning of the song.

IrishNinja

That Ghost track is dope as hell. Listen to that instrumentation brehs....shits on everything on the Wu album lol.

this is a big part of my hype for this project - it's so hard to picture some of my favorite/talented bandcamp/etc producers working with someone on this level. Emancipator, LJones, Jenova 7 etc don't often get to make beats for such high-tier MC's..fuck, Seda/Nujabes usually didn't get much better than Substantial, that one track from CL Smooth aside.

so naturally Ghost's style is a bit more laid back to fit BBNG on the tracks we've heard so far (which ive really dug), and again i get why Donut/others might want more of The Champ type of energy - which i miss at times too - but this sounds like it's coming together, and it represents something i wanna see happen more.

Alright I lied, I actually do like Six Degrees (feat Danny Brown) and Gun Showers (feat. Elzhi) from the Ghost/BBNG album- I forgot about those -it's just these last 2 singles that Ghostface is doing nothing for me on the verses.

BBNG are gonna bring it on the production side at least.

http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=2580889.0
http://i.imgur.com/25Pqa9k.png

hmmm

TDE gonna feel my wrath for making me pay attention to KTT. Not gonna sign up tho.

that's actually pretty interesting

Gaf-Hop |OTXIII| Kanye doesn't care about Beck, people

gold

put that shit on loop, on mute
wow.png

tell me she didn't fuck drake
mjcry1.png

just gambino

Gaf-Hop |OT13| Tell me she didn't fuck Drake

Gaf-Hop |OT13| Tell me Drake didn't DM her

Status
Not open for further replies.