• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibel

Nah, seriously: I very often looked like a middle-eastern chubby Jesse Pinkman back in the days. I think I copped a OVO shirt 4 years ago, but that's it. I kinda dislike logos on my clothes.

I have a Wu-Tang shirt I only wear at home. And this:

uDACzWL.jpg

Gotten some weird looks, obviously.

Detox

I have the red tde hoodie, I wear it frequently while studying at uni. A lot of people ask me how I got a TED talk hoodie.

I also got a third eye ab soul hoodie at the same time. I don't wear it at all.

Lots of white people hate Kanye but tbh they're also the type of people who watch all those CBS shows no one under 35 gives a fuck about. He has plenty of white fans who love his nonsense.

mooooose

I have this old Ghostface shirt
DSC_0262.jpg

this dipset shirt
reason_redux_diplomats_t-shirt_02.jpg

but red with gold letters looks fuego

and ive got the XXX danny brown cover

i always wanted the RZA supreme shirt but i never got it. i had wanted the raekwon and dipset supreme shirts.. back in like 2006 lol but then they were so hype and the worst people wore them for the worst reasons so i never got em

Nibel

Do you guys actually miss the old Dipset fashion times with huge ass shirts and stuff or appreciate the current high-fashion era or do you like a mix of both or don't give a fuck and asking yourself why you are reading this? Dunno about the US or other countries, but you could sure as hell feel the shift in hip hop fashion here.

mooooose

Do you guys actually miss the old Dipset fashion times with huge ass shirts and stuff or appreciate the current high-fashion era or do you like a mix of both or don't give a fuck and asking yourself why you are reading this? Dunno about the US or other countries, but you could sure as hell feel the shift in hip hop fashion here.
i don't miss the XXXL shirts on people who should be wearing mediums, but i think the internet made everyone believe they are a fashion model and though "fitted" things may be in, i think there is always going to be something very endearing about someone who may size up one on a tshirt or hoodie or jeans... maybe sag a little, and wear some timbs or airs or even af1 instead of mocs or desert boots or dress shoes or even jays.

CoolOff

Long post inc.

So, it's finally time for me to go through my hip-hop-education and fill in some major blanks. I started listening to the genre back in -07 with Graduation, but aside from a few specific artists (Wu, Biggie) I've never taken the time to actually go through all those seminal albums from the 80s and 90s. Sure, I've heard a lot of individual songs from them, but some are actual complete blind spots as albums go (Outkast, Public Enemy).

Basing most of it on Esch top 20, this is my current educational Spotify-list:

36 Chambers
The Diary
Ready To Die
Reasonable Doubt
Eternal 1999
Illmatic
Criminal Minded
Mystic Stylez
Me Against the World
College Dropout
The Infamous
Doggystyle
Madvillainy
Paid In Full
Death Certificate
Super Tight
Straight Outta Compton
Low End Theory
Midnight Marauders
It Takes a Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back
ATLiens
Aquemini
The Score
The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill
Pilot Talk I & II (In anticipation of III)

Fuck that became a long list. If you guys are interested I might do reaction posts on the ones I'm going in blind on (not Madvillainy, Illmatic, Straight Outta Compton + the two previously mentioned) and you can get the completely uneducated opinion of one of them white boys.
Scandi, might not count.

What's missing from the list? Thinking pre -05 in general. Veto'd Em myself.

IrishNinja

used to have way more in the day, i know i got wu/ODB/PE/DMC shirts about tho

I cant remember the last time I bought a graphic shirt that wasnt sports related. I feel like you grow out of that by your early 20s.

Haven't worn graphic t-shirts since I was still a teenager.

man you guys are so mature tho

What's missing from the list? Thinking pre -05 in general. Veto'd Em myself.

The Chronic/2000
round off some more west coast e-water/Too $hort etc
Paid in Full/Follow the Leader
Mecca & The Soul Brother
Mmm...Food
6 Feet High & Rising/De La is Dead
Whut? Thee Album/Doc's da name
Supreme Clientele
Liquid Swords
Only Bulit 4 Cuban Linx
All Eyez On Me
Tical
Blueprint/The Black Album
Strictly Business
The Adventures of Slick Rick

lotta stuff i'm forgettin here

Furyous

Troy Average is mad at Manolo Rose for speaking about Troy jacking Manolo's song.

What did Troy Ave say to Taxstone to piss him off? Tax is GOING IN on him on twitter by spitting that real.

*EDIT*

Lemme add to that list:

Reflection Eternal
A solid 2/3 of The Beautiful Struggle (This is opulant pre-recession struggle bars)

injurai

Banned
Wait... Beck is a scientologist?

Kanye makes so much sense to me now. He was fighting out on the front lines and nobody even realized.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom