• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Blacker the Berry is a serious business album cut type with minimal promo lol. Shit isnt designed to 'stick around' or get lots of traction wrt awareness or commercial play.

Fjordson

juOvXdY.png
Lmao.

Tinashe is one of those off brand Beyonce underdogs. Her stans used to always be here or on twitter posting her shit saying "she's so much better than Beyonce but no one knows who she is except me, check out her bandcamp." Basically the female/gay male equivalents of Des.

Then 2 On came out and she got some exposure...and then the album flopped. But I like her. Not her music, which is boring. But she is fine as hell and seems like a fun girl. Like I can imagine smashing and then heading to the park and having fun like we were 10 again. Whereas Jhene seems like she'd be rolling around in bed after smashing like Julianne Moore in The Big Lebowski. I can do without that type of fuckery in my life.
Zc4vQWi.png
Agreed on all counts except I kinda like Aquarius.

folks quit talking about it after a few days and it gets no play. kendrick just gonna have to come w/ a hit at some point

drake got 21 of the top 50 songs on the rap/r&b charts right now. even sean is doing better numbers than expected.

He won't. There won't be a #shift, just as GKMC didn't shift anything (although it did herald the mainstream return of the west coast). Drake is king right now, there's no denying. Kendrick might get another Swimming Pools hit but not with this album. If they had something for radio they would have dropped it already IMO. "I" flopped, nothing else is left. TBTB isn't a single, it's just an album cut as Esch said...

Kendrick doesn't need a hit single to sell 400k first week, but he probably needs a hit to go platinum again. I just don't get the impression he recorded anything with radio in mind. Rumors about Stevie Wonder, Prince, and George Clinton features...yea, he's not trying to get on the radio brehs.

injurai

Banned
I'm just gonna enjoy the new k.dot for what it is. He doesn't need to transcend philosophy, just needs to hit a mark of substance. If the beats are dope, I'll play it more than once.

Sharp Knees: GAF HOP Edition

lol

Yeezus is sort of like Eminem's Relapse. It's a great record for separating the fans from the stans. No regular fan of music would find Yeezus a good album of music they enjoy listening to. It's an album for stans to cluster around, shouting at everybody else that they "just don't get it." It's a shit record from a great artist and people often have trouble dealing when their idols produce shit.

relapse is a good album tho
Deja Vu is an amazing song

https://twitter.com/DDotOmen/status/570797317596426240

He favorited a response tweet that guessed Kendrick. That confirms it.

if this actually happens....whew

yall ready know im an em stan
Relapse>MCHG
#factsonly

also

Bobby Shmurda Calls Into Hot 97 From Prison, Discusses Legal Situation

"Given his current legal troubles, Bobby Shmurda has been relatively and understandably mum about everything since he and members of his GS9 crew got arrested and hit with a plethora of charges a week before X-Mas. However, he shocked people today by calling Hot 97's Ebro In The Morning show from Rikers Island. Denying all of the charges levied against him, he also speaks on how brother-in-arms Rowdy Rebel was recently placed in solitary confinement due to an altercation inside. Before he really gets into it, the line suddenly gets cut off. Listen to the brief conversation below."

bobby bitch

naw

twigs been weak since LP1. everyone tried to make it seem like that shit was really nice like that but it got forgotten after a week.

EP2 tho :wow:

Courage

twigs been weak since LP1. everyone tried to make it seem like that shit was really nice like that but it got forgotten after a week.

EP2 tho :wow:

Speak for yourself. Two Weeks, Pendulum, Kicks and Give Up are still on heavy rotation.

Nibel

I know I'm alone on this, but I liked Banks' Goddess more than Aquarius and LP1 (though LP1 is still really good).

Not sure if the entire album holds up, but I put Banks' catalogue easily above anything Tinashe and the others have produced.

Her London EP is her best work yet.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why do we always bring up Beyonce with Tinashe again? Seriously sounds like some Beyhive shit every time. Nothing alike in style, sound or looks. I guess they have a similar hair colour, y'know, like Gucci Mane and Childish Gambino.

DominoKid

Why do we always bring up Beyonce with Tinashe again? Seriously sounds like some Beyhive shit every time. Nothing alike in style, sound or looks. I guess they have a similar hair colour, y'know, like Gucci Mane and Childish Gambino.

style & sound might be different but her road still runs through beyonce.

Fjordson

Not sure if the entire album holds up, but I put Banks' catalogue easily above anything Tinashe and the others have produced.

Her London EP is her best work yet.
Agreed on the London EP. And I think the album suffered from her putting tacks on there that had already been out for over a year. Still, I liked it a lot.

Also really good live. She sounds great and her band is solid.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
New GAF Hop initiation question: Who is more irrelevant, Tinashe or MC Hammer's second backup dancer to the left in "Pumps and a Bump?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom