• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gaf-Hop |OTXII| Avocado Booty Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mNLaW5h.gif

Never get tired of this gif.

RBK

Banned
it's good but overrated
yeezus is still better

Yeezus isn't good but overrated.
MBDTF is still better.

On a more serious note, I'm not a big Kanye fan to begin with, but I've failed to see the appeal of the album after multiple listens. Probably like 4 good songs in total if I want to include Hold My Liquor, and that shit gets annoying sometimes.

Eos

Yeezus isn't good but overrated.
MBDTF is still better.

On a more serious note, I'm not a big Kanye fan to begin with, but I've failed to see the appeal of the album after multiple listens. Probably like 4 good songs in total if I want to include Hold My Liquor, and that shit gets annoying sometimes.

yeezus is anything but overrated. it got way more hate than most of his other albums and less sales too. every track is good except for bound 2, which is just hot garbage.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yeezus is sort of like Eminem's Relapse. It's a great record for separating the fans from the stans. No regular fan of music would find Yeezus a good album of music they enjoy listening to. It's an album for stans to cluster around, shouting at everybody else that they "just don't get it." It's a shit record from a great artist and people often have trouble dealing when their idols produce shit.

Eos

Yeezus is sort of like Eminem's Relapse. It's a great record for separating the fans from the stans. No regular fan of music would find Yeezus a good album of music they enjoy listening to. It's an album for stans to cluster around, shouting at everybody else that they "just don't get it." It's a shit record from a great artist and people often have trouble dealing when their idols produce shit.

preach

Ye has been garbage since after the really good Late Registration. After that everything is either mediocre, an overproduced mess, or in the case of MBDTF an album with like 3 good track with the rest being self indulgent crap.

Dude made two great albums that I'll always like, but the moment he inserted his head further up his own ass his music has suffered.

Ye has been garbage since after the really good Late Registration. After that everything is either mediocre, an overproduced mess, or in the case of MBDTF an album with like 3 good track with the rest being self indulgent crap.

Dude made two great albums that I'll always like, but the moment he inserted his head further up his own ass his music has suffered.

smack-who-is-this-nigga-o.gif

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Relapse and yeezus are nothing alike, relapse actually has a few enjoyable songs. Listening to Yeezus is the sonic equivalent of a metal spike being inserted in your dickhole by an old lady with arthritis, MS, and poor vision.

Change the subject and the girl pls, I was just baffled that someone posted that they felt weird being attracted to a tall skinny pop singer as if that shit was rare. Her music is wack, her persona is wack, her look is wack, fuck her.

bless up. fuck taylor swift.

yeezus is relapse? hell no, wanderingwind why you do this?

Nibel

No idea why you would put Yeezus over MBDTF.

Yeezus is just him being mad, trying to sound mad and talking all kinds of nonsense.
MBDTF at least sounds like someone sat down, created a concept that hits the Zeitgeist on the head and then proceeded to produce an album that goes beyond rap in terms of importance.

Yeezus has some great songs you can listen to in the gym; MBDTF is for the ride home and thinking about life and shit.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This isn't really a hip hop experience...this is something else, but I somewhat like you guys, so this is why I post this shit here.

If you're like me and struggle with sleeping, or if you need something to ride out your high to, or just want to escape, this is for you:

Let's drift away together & xplore the final frontiers. 🚀🌌

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm saying they're both albums for the stans, not for anybody who actually likes, you know, good music. I'm not going to hash out like, sonic metrics or whatever. You could compare it to any album put out past an artist's prime that only the fanniest of fans will defend. Kingdom Come. HHID. Be Here Now. Van Hagar. Etc. For the especially dense, that doesn't mean they sound the same.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm saying they're both albums for the stans, not for anybody who actually likes, you know, good music. I'm not going to hash out like, sonic metrics or whatever. You could compare it to any album put out past an artist's prime that only the fanniest of fans will defend. Kingdom Come. HHID. Be Here Now. Van Hagar. Etc. For the especially dense, that doesn't mean they sound the same.
Stahp WW no more.

IrishNinja

brehs check out the next hip hop fest ill be missing cause my brother's wedding is that day, hnnnghhh

worse yet this chick on OKC put me onto it & wanted to go...ah well

also so tempted to watch that Bronson trailer but nah, vie heard enough

oh yeah and word to cheddahz - won Supreme Clientele vinyl for $21 on ebay today, fells good man

no one cares how much you spent des

You can shit on Yeezus as much as you want but Hip Hop is Dead is one of Nas's best albums.

rzLVsEx.png
make sure you raise your sons on breast milks and not formula brehs. Don't want them to have opinions like this

hmm

I gave it a positive review. It's not a bad album. Definitely better than Dark Fantasy.

that's why you my dude, PD

IrishNinja

damn...All Day kinda goes

edit: God's Son & HHID over Stillmatic? FOH, GS at least has a few tracks but neither of them touch that album

XBP

Proceeds to list the worst song on the album, but alright.

Maybe you didn't listen to it?

Illmatic>IWW>Lost Tapes>GS>HHID>Stillmatic>IAm>LIG>Street's Disciple's>U>Nastradamus

Nice Beanie gif.

I'd rate stillmatic a lot higher just because of ether, let alone all the other great tracks on the album.

plus, it was written > illmatic.

IrishNinja

track of the day - Biggie featuring Meth & Red - Rap Phenomenon

what's funny is everyone knows why ether's significant, but it's not even one of the greater songs on the album...you're da man, rewind, 2nd childhood, one mic etc etc

plus, it was written > illmatic.

see i respected shinobis on some Wu Forever > 36 (even if i didn't agree) but i was just revisiting IWW last weekend, and...nah, they're not even close. it's a great album but the highs aren't nearly as high, or as frequent. granted illmatic is a short ass album but there's pretty much no fat, where IWW clearly has.

*edit do ya'll really feen for no-body-having white chicks that bad? taylor would not even get noticed in a packed club

XBP

see i respected shinobis on some Wu Forever > 36 (even if i didn't agree) but i was just revisiting IWW last weekend, and...nah, they're not even close. it's a great album but the highs aren't nearly as high, or as frequent. granted illmatic is a short ass album but there's pretty much no fat, where IWW clearly has.

Illmatic was a masterpiece of an album but I've always felt that IWW was a more complete album. Plus 'I Gave You Power' is one of my favorite tracks of all time so I guess I'm biased towards the album because of that.

IrishNinja

eh i can't front, it's a classic track

even esh trying to turn the lyrics into something highly suspect can't take anything from it

so demonic brehs

HiResDes

I think Yeezus is one of Ye's strongest conceptual pieces. It's has like one or two holes that seem more glaring because it's a such a concentrated effort. It is Ye's dark horse album that kind of reminds me of a similar departure that Neil Young went for when he made Trans. I think Kanye needs to get out of comfort zone to put out his most interesting works these days.

IWW definitely has grandiose highs and shows a bit more versatility than Illmatic. It's a little more flawed, but it's definitely his second best album no question. People have referred to it as Nas' mafioso album, but it's much more self aware and concerned with the violence it portrays than say OB4CL.

LosDaddie

Banned
GAF-Hop, please recommend me some good playlists on spotify to listen to today. I have a huge project to finish for tomorrow's meeting and I'm just going to put on my headphones & jam out for the rest of the day.

Thanks in advance

Esch

Banned
I think Yeezus is one of Ye's strongest conceptual pieces. It's has like one or two holes that seem more glaring because it's a such a concentrated effort..
the only thing about it that's concentrated is that the songs are more concise in length/feel than MBTDF(which dragged on needlessly song by song and as an album). in every other respect it's an ADHD smorgasbord of this and that. Might as well listen to Jethro Tull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom