• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

https://twitter.com/MartinShkreli/status/690625749049544704

Tvdf3KE.gif

vulgar.

It was okay. It was short, 7 tracks. He used a couple of ATL producers for some of the tracks. The new G-Unit one has 11 tracks.

And the track, No Charge, off Purple Reign?? Got me like...
ay48zzn.gif

Yeah The Kanan Tape wasnt too special. I thought these beats didn't suit 50 really. Shame because 9 shots was dope. You're talking about a new G-Unit CD with the 11 tracks? Or do you mean Kanan tape on Apple Music? I'm gonna see what these extra songs are, see if they are worth it.

Oh by the way guys, I actually gave that Purple Reign CD a shot, listened to it using my brand new little Bluetooth speaker which is surprisingly sick. But i'm sure you can already guess what my impressions would be, so let's leave it at that, lol. One thing is for sure though, I did give it a chance and didn't just blindly hated on it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Not tryna hear 3K ruin the Ye/Drizzy/Weeknd joint TBH.

Good to see Kendrick back in the studio as well. Hype train in full effect.

Also I'm The Man off of The Kanan Tape is really damn good.

PBY

Banned
Oh by the way guys, I actually gave that Purple Reign CD a shot, listened to it using my brand new little Bluetooth speaker which is surprisingly sick. But i'm sure you can already guess what my impressions would be, so let's leave it at that, lol. One thing is for sure though, I did give it a chance and didn't just blindly hated on it.

Spoiler alert: you're gonna hate it.

Ninja Dom

Yeah The Kanan Tape wasnt too special. I thought these beats didn't suit 50 really. Shame because 9 shots was dope. You're talking about a new G-Unit CD with the 11 tracks? Or do you mean Kanan tape on Apple Music? I'm gonna see what these extra songs are, see if they are worth it.

I've only listened to the 7 track tape that 50 put out late last year. When I looked on Apple Music this morning I saw that the tape was up there, the artist was "G-Unit", the cover had Lloyd Banks and Young Buck added and there were 4 extra tracks (I presume these are the G-Unit tracks).

Are you not feeling the relaxed mellow beats of Purple Reign at all?

What do you think of the current crop of hot hip-hop producers? Metro Boomin, Southside, London On The Track, Zaytoven etc?

I've only listened to the 7 track tape that 50 put out late last year. When I looked on Apple Music this morning I saw that the tape was up there, the artist was "G-Unit", the cover had Lloyd Banks and Young Buck added and there were 4 extra tracks (I presume these are the G-Unit tracks).

Are you not feeling the relaxed mellow beats of Purple Reign at all?

What do you think of the current crop of hot hip-hop producers? Metro Boomin, Southside, London On The Track, Zaytoven etc?

I don't have Apple Music, but i am definitely curious about those G-Unit tracks then. Their first mixtape last year was quite nice and the second one had a few good ones too.

As for Future.....it's not that i can't stand the beats, for the most part they were fine, it's just Future himself that i just can't cope with. The other day i saw this video of a dude freestyling in the studio and that was dope, then he used some autotune and started to rap like Future and i just hated it, absolutely horrible, but to me it sounded exactly like Future. To be honest i can barely tell the songs apart on that Purple Reign CD, when it comes to Future of course, not the beats. Of course it all being autotune sure doesn't help, since i am far from a fan of it, but at the same time i can enjoy Kanye's autotune at times.

Yesterday i watched a Hiphop documentary called Rhyme & Reason and that was all 100% Hiphop, none of the new school stuff was in there, which makes only sense since it clearly was about the 90s. In that documentary you see rappers saying what stuff makes the music Hiphop. It's quite clear that that definition is completely gone, or well, changed drastically.

Put any rapper that i dig on Future's beats and i'd probably enjoy it. I simply cannot handle Future's style of....rapping i guess.

I listened to so more stuff this evening...

Murs & 9th Wonder - Brighter Daze (for the most part dope, nice production, gonna check out more of them.)

Daz & Snoop - Cuzznz (Nothing special, no standout tracks, beats rather 'meh' too)
Puff Daddy - MMM (few tracks i digged, but overall just not my thing.)
B.o.B - FIRE (False Idols Ruined Egos) (nah)
Anderson .Paak - Malibu (music itself is nice, i just really don't like his voice though. Which is nothing new, he partly ruined Game's tracks on The Documentary 2 too, in my book.

Gucci Mane - East Atlanta Santa 2 (The Night Guwop Stole X-Mas) (nope)

Asap Rocky - At long last Asap (some very dope tracks on this, but also tracks that simply aren't my shit at all. One track can sound really nice and the other just totally not my style.

PBY

Banned
I don't have Apple Music, but i am definitely curious about those G-Unit tracks then. Their first mixtape last year was quite nice and the second one had a few good ones too.

As for Future.....it's not that i can't stand the beats, for the most part they were fine, it's just Future himself that i just can't cope with. The other day i saw this video of a dude freestyling in the studio and that was dope, then he used some autotune and started to rap like Future and i just hated it, absolutely horrible, but to me it sounded exactly like Future. To be honest i can barely tell the songs apart on that Purple Reign CD, when it comes to Future of course, not the beats. Of course it all being autotune sure doesn't help, since i am far from a fan of it, but at the same time i can enjoy Kanye's autotune at times.

Yesterday i watched a Hiphop documentary called Rhyme & Reason and that was all 100% Hiphop, none of the new school stuff was in there, which makes only sense since it clearly was about the 90s. In that documentary you see rappers saying what stuff makes the music Hiphop. It's quite clear that that definition is completely gone, or well, changed drastically.

Put any rapper that i dig on Future's beats and i'd probably enjoy it. I simply cannot handle Future's style of....rapping i guess.

Murs & 9th Wonder - Brighter Daze (for the most part dope, nice production, gonna check out more of them.)

Daz & Snoop - Cuzznz (Nothing special, no standout tracks, beats rather 'meh' too)
Anderson .Paak - Malibu (music itself is nice, i just really don't like his voice though. Which is nothing new, he partly ruined Game's tracks on The Documentary 2 too, in my book.

Asap Rocky - At long last Asap (some very dope tracks on this, but also tracks that simply aren't my shit at all. One track can sound really nice and the other just totally not my style.

Legit laughed out loud at the bolded.

BoB stays in the bushes

IrishNinja

des literally has a thread for boom-bap heads...i mean, i dive into new shit here & there but there's still quality stuff in that stuck-in-the-90s lane about, though if you dig Wu shit but not Czarface, or don't fuck with say RTJ, i got nothin

PBY

Banned
des literally has a thread for boom-bap heads...i mean, i dive into new shit here & there but there's still quality stuff in that stuck-in-the-90s lane about, though if you dig Wu shit but not Czarface, or don't fuck with say RTJ, i got nothin

I went through a DUSTY conscious phase a few years ago, still really enjoy that sound. Just can't listen to it regularly, since it doesn't fit on my gym or work playlist. Czarface was a moment though, 2 especially was fire.

Legit laughed out loud at the bolded.

BoB stays in the bushes

Probably gonna sound like a noob, but ah well....what exactly do you mean with that last part?

As for Kanye. I absolutely didn't dig that Facts track but Real Friends and No more parties in LA were dope. Are those Swish tracks or is that still uncertain? Yeezus is not the Kanye i want to hear and i bet i speak for a lot of people then, the MBDTF Kanye though...shit that would be dope as hell. Soon we'll find out.

Of course i dig Wu-Tang, not every album of theirs though, not by a long shot. Czarface is dope too. Haven't heard much of RTJ yet. From the 90's and 00's i could put a huge list here of artists i listen to. Hell even some from the 80s probably. I am always looking for more hiphop, always. So much i still need to catch up on.

IrishNinja

I went through a DUSTY conscious phase a few years ago, still really enjoy that sound. Just can't listen to it regularly, since it doesn't fit on my gym or work playlist. Czarface was a moment though, 2 especially was fire.

oh yeah, i'm not trynna hear conscious or lyrical miracle on workouts/runs, when there's DMX, pac etc. some shit goes well enough for it (some PE, agian RTJ) but if Aesop, Technique, Talib etc come on rotation during times when i'm either building the temple or tearing it down, they get auto-skipped

the MBDTF Kanye though

tE0oWrb.gif

oh yeah, i'm not trynna hear conscious or lyrical miracle on workouts/runs, when there's DMX, pac etc. some shit goes well enough for it (some PE, agian RTJ) but if Aesop, Technique, Talib etc come on rotation during times when i'm either building the temple or tearing it down, they get auto-skipped

tE0oWrb.gif

You dislike that album? Shit...for me i can barely find a terrible track on there.

dmx is all you need for the gym.

Koozek

One of my faves:

Murs & 9th Wonder - 3:16 The 9th Edition
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuc72JUv2PE

codhand

As for Future.....it's not that i can't stand the beats, for the most part they were fine, it's just Future himself that i just can't cope with. The other day i saw this video of a dude freestyling in the studio and that was dope, then he used some autotune and started to rap like Future and i just hated it, absolutely horrible, but to me it sounded exactly like Future. To be honest i can barely tell the songs apart on that Purple Reign CD, when it comes to Future of course, not the beats. Of course it all being autotune sure doesn't help.

yeah_pretty_much_jonah_hill.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom