• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listened to Purple reign for the first time last night. Thought I'd be too burnt on Future at the moment, but I thought it was alright. Definitely sounds like he put more effort into it than wattba so that's good.

It gave us No Charge though and that's alright
banderas.png

what the fuck is swish even going to be now? i doubt it's gonna be the college dropout/late registration "feel good bbq music" resurgence ye was on about some time ago.

dude is sitting on 6 madlib beat tapes. yeezy season approachin.

Eos

What does this even mean?
Basically when someone can't think of what to do or how they should handle it, so I guess kanye was stuck in a slump with no idea of what direction he should take his music.
Called a writer's block because it can happen to a lot of authors

Basically when someone can't think of what to do or how they should handle it, so I guess kanye was stuck in a slump with no idea of what direction he should take his music.

So what you're saying is that TPAB got Kanye out of his slump and the only reason why SWISH is coming is because of Kendrick?

Syntsui

Kendrick really fucked him up, wow.

Only Salute is worth it on that trash imo. Maybe Bye Bye and Purple Reign, but pretty much anything else turns into an auto skip the more I try to listen.

I'm talking about WATTBA being in the trash bin. Purple Reign isn't the best, but I haven't started deleting anything yet. Gotta listen a few more times.

remix is fire. i may prefer it to the original, even

and is there a way to get the thugger vinyl aside from vinylmeplease? does anyone here use the service? may join to get barter 6
long dicks run ot15. what a time to be alive

EDIT: didn't see any love for this recent aaron cartier track aaron cartier & pollàri - rita ora [prod. 16 yr old & yung skrrt]

No, I'm just assuming that kanye didn't know what direction to go in. That line specifically refers to the people saying kanye lost his lyrical ability, so he drops 90 bars. And lol @ tpab influencing swish
So what you're saying is that TPAB got Kanye out of his slump and the only reason why SWISH is coming is because of Kendrick?

Not feeling Purple Reign at all. In fact, I have already recycle bin'd it. Maybe I've just been listening to too much Future lately. DS2, Monster, and WATTBA still heavy in my rotation.

FZZ

Banned
Watch SWISH be Kanyes best album finally uniting all yeezy fans. A pathway between the backpack rap of CD and LR, the creativity and emotion of 808s, the grandiose of MBDTF,and the rawness of Yeezus

rejoice.png

Fuck graduation

For those who want to hear a rapper with something to say and are tired of Future and Thugga:

Macklemore - White Privilege II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_rl4ZGdy34

Since Macklemore put his short message to Kendrick on Twitter I can't take anything he says or does 100% seriously. Just seems dishonest. He should stay in his lane and make half-ironic anthems for millennials.

Only 56 Nights and DS2 are great, the rest is average at the best. People are insane, blind by the fandom.

Z6Lv0Ce.png

injurai

Banned
Watch SWISH be Kanyes best album finally uniting all yeezy fans. A pathway between the backpack rap of CD and LR, the creativity and emotion of 808s, the grandiose of MBDTF,and the rawness of Yeezus

rejoice.png

Fuck graduation

Are we doing fan-fiction now?

I picked up Lupe Fiasco's first album today just on a whim, I don't know what compelled me to. What should I expect?

F&L and The Cool are two of the best hip hop albums of the aughts. Some cheesiness here and there but not nearly as bad as Lasers. Some consider them classics
not me tho.

Nabs

I picked up Lupe Fiasco's first album today just on a whim, I don't know what compelled me to. What should I expect?

It's a good album. It would be even better if it came with Theme Music to a Driveby, and retained all of the original hooks sung by Lupe himself.

Kelsdesu

rejoice.png

Fuck graduation

Sir, that will never happen.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Malibu is great. How have I never heard of this guy? I absolutely love this mix of singing and rapping. The tracks are amazing as well of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom