• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kopite

Pablo really grew on me. Granted, Ye's the worst part of it, but despite the lack of cohesiveness there's something everyone can enjoy here and The FML to Real Friends to Wolves stretch are all Top 10 Ye Songs. It's better than Graduation, 808s and Yeezus

CoolOff

Man, WATTBA is still so good. When it dropped I had it at 6-7/10, but it's still in rotation and nearing 9 or higher for me.

Koozek

Man, WATTBA is still so good. When it dropped I had it at 6-7/10, but it's still in rotation and nearing 9 or higher for me.

Yep, still bumping it a lot, too. Just remembered, though, that I removed the two solo tracks back then, totally forgot about them.

T Dollarz

Kopite right about TLoP, think it's a light 9/10. It's better than Graduation if only because it doesn't have the lows of Barry Bonds or Drunk & Hot Girls, better than 808s and a consistently more enjoyable listen than MBDTF. Not sure if it's better than Yeezus yet tho.

WATTBA tho? That fell out of rotation quick for me. A lot of heat on there but an equal amount of skippable shit too. That's probably a 7/10. Still would have it over Views I think though. Views has several really nice tracks, but 19 songs with half of them being some somber shit makes the album a true slog of a listen and tough to get through.

Bacon

TLOP aged well. I like it the more I listen.

10/10

It's definitely a fun album at the very least. It's not nearly as dissapointing for me as it was when it released. I go back and listen to it a lot more than I expected. And yeah 30 hours>>>>

I don't even remember TLOP exists until you guys bring it up again tbh. Barely even went back to the Waves --> Wolves sequence that I liked on there. Very weak album. Our mainstream heroes dropping the ball hard recently.

Save us, Eminem..

Ninja Dom

So wait, De La Soul dropped an EP and nobody listened to it?

EDIT: Just listened, it's barely anything at all haha

Something coming August 26th though

As much as I like them, they haven 't really been making music worth checking out since at least 2000?

3 Feet High and Rising is still one of the best rap albums of all time, though.

They released a really good album in 2004.

I didn't expect them to drag this out so much.

Huh, never would have thought. Maybe I'll check it out.

Didn't DelaSoul go on Kickstarter to fund a new album?

Courage

TLOP is definitely dope. The only real stinkers are Low Lights, Feedback, Freestyle 4 and NMPILA. Even Facts is a banger. Might not be his most cohesive work but it's still very replayable.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
TLoP was alright for a listen. It wasn't bad. It wasn't good. It was just sort of there. Nothing there to even remotely get excited about.

Net_Wrecker being sour on TLoP, this is our first real disagreement in taste that I can remember.

I remember predicting in the TLOP thread that the album would get worse for me with repeated listens, and I was right. I like the production here, but looking at the album as a whole it's pretty much skip, skip, skip, skip all the way to [Waves, FML, Real Friends, Wolves]. After that skip all the way to Fade ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's a mutant hybrid of his last 4 albums + contemporary sounds, which I guess could've been interesting, but the songs are eehhhh, and it doesn't even come together as a disjointed collage of Kanye West sound clips.

Saint Pablo was better than anything on TLOP, really.

T Dollarz

I'd say it's his most cohesive and least skippable project since Late Registration *Kanye Shrug*

Then again, I'm not sure which version you guys are fucking with. I have what I believe was the second to last Tidal version, and I manually swapped in the OG version of Wolves w/Frank at the end myself. It's the version before they updated lyrics and shit. I like the album so much as I have it that I'm not even going to bother updating it.

HiResDes

Fade is really bad I don't get the love. I appreciate the experimentation but it's just not a very successful house track to me. Pablo is pretty good, but being better than Graduation doesn't make it a 9 or 10 lol. It's in the strong 7 category for me because it's such a clusterfuck, appreciate Kanye's in trying to represent every era of himself while also trying some new things as well though. Pablo is weird because there are aspects I really love about certain aspects and then some really off things about those same particular tracks that make them less than stellar to me.

Didn't DelaSoul go on Kickstarter to fund a new album?

Yep, and the EP was e-mailed to the folks who backed the project. Admittedly, I backed it but didn't listen to the EP. Doesn't sound like I'm missing anything from the sound of it. I'll just wait for the album to release.

HiResDes

I'd say it's his most cohesive and least skippable project since Late Registration *Kanye Shrug*

Then again, I'm not sure which version you guys are fucking with. I have what I believe was the second to last Tidal version, and I manually swapped in the OG version of Wolves w/Frank at the end myself. It's the version before they updated lyrics and shit. I like the album so much as I have it that I'm not even going to bother updating it.

Explain how it's more cohesive than Yeezus... How it's cohesive at all?

PBY

Banned
Fade is really bad I don't get the love. I appreciate the experimentation but it's just not a very successful house track to me. Pablo is pretty good, but being better than Graduation doesn't make it a 9 or 10 lol. It's in the strong 7 category for me because it's such a clusterfuck, appreciate Kanye's in trying to represent every era of himself while also trying some new things as well though. I don't like the beginning of Pablo much at all aside from maybe Ultra Light Beam and that's only really because of the amazing sample.

No love for FSMH makes me sad

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Weeknd ft. Nas - Tell Your Friends. Live surprise remix at the Met Gala.

Yeah TLOP is getting better and better upon repeated listens, pretty much the opposite of what everyone expected considering how disparate all the sounds are. In a lot of ways it's a nice tribute to all the different eras of Ye with some new stuff sprinkled into one album, and it has some timeless songs on there. Still between that and Venis for AotY.

FZZ

Banned
I still stand by FML being way ahead of its time

More songs will follow a beat-less structure going forward

illadelph

Late Registration is great, but it's his least cohesive project for sure. Every other album seems to have an overall concept and vision, but LR just seems like a big collection of College Dropout bonus tracks or some shit. Luckily, the tracks are really good.

Goddamn Fiddy Cent gotta be a candidate for 2016 L of the year with this business over the mentally handicapped kid he clowned on. The family wants a face to face apology and a million dollars for the public humiliation.
This dude always being sued over shit he does on social media, just fall back already old man.

Syntsui

Goddamn Fiddy Cent gotta be a candidate for 2016 L of the year with this business over the mentally handicapped kid he clowned on. The family wants a face to face apology and a million dollars for the public humiliation.
This dude always being sued over shit he does on social media, just fall back already old man.

The price of giving no fucks is pretty high.

IrishNinja

I've been listening to TLOP steady since it dropped and haven't really stopped.

Easily AOTY so far.

TLOP is definitely dope. The only real stinkers are Low Lights, Feedback, Freestyle 4 and NMPILA. Even Facts is a banger. Might not be his most cohesive work but it's still very replayable.

TLOP aged well. I like it the more I listen.

10/10

raise ya'lls standards a bit

TLoP was alright for a listen. It wasn't bad. It wasn't good. It was just sort of there. Nothing there to even remotely get excited about.

exactly this...i didn't feel strongly enough to dislike it, just kinda existed

I like Pablo more than Views even.

i honestly don't care enough to rate either, it'd be a tough call

Village

ChfhY3ZW4AA95F2.jpg

Ye llook like an alt costume for kazuya

And you got this where minaj looks like a FF character , like legit

IrishNinja

as seen in my FB feed

DMX: Swizz Beatz Says Rapper Is Releasing New Album Featuring Dr. Dre and Kanye West
Beatz posted an Instagram photo and caption referencing DMX's health and new album, saying, "Album sounding nice king..... We're just waiting on DRE & Kanye tracks to wrap up!!!!!"

AOTY comin ya'll, arf arf

xHiryu

The Summer Sixteen Tour ticket prices at Madison are $200 minimum...fml Digital Dash and I'm the Plug live would be sick

Anyone cop tickets yet

The Weeknd ft. Nas - Tell Your Friends. Live surprise remix at the Met Gala.

Yeah TLOP is getting better and better upon repeated listens, pretty much the opposite of what everyone expected considering how disparate all the sounds are. In a lot of ways it's a nice tribute to all the different eras of Ye with some new stuff sprinkled into one album, and it has some timeless songs on there. Still between that and Venis for AotY.

Spiritual chakras, frequency
I'm a holistic doctor, treatments frequently
qfZcbC4.png

overcast

Wow, what the hell. Lmao. It's like a 6.5-7. Digital Dash is the best track on there and Diamonds Dancing is pretty special. Jumpman kinda feels lame to listen to already for whatever reason.

It's okay though. Better than Views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom