• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

How you guys liking the new Skepta, Kaytranada and Death Grips albums?

All out at once and all hip-hop related. Not so sure on the latter, haven't heard it yet. Might not even be close to rap. Still.

Fjordson

How you guys liking the new Skepta, Kaytranada and Death Grips albums?

All out at once and all hip-hop related. Not so sure on the latter, haven't heard it yet. Might not even be close to rap. Still.
Only listened to the Skepta so far, but it's nice. Production is great.

There's a Pharrell collab track I'm not big on, but everything else is cool.

Ninja Dom

Delivery is great, for one. Enegry is insane.

And Dreams Worth More than Money had some of the best production in quite a while.

But Meek ignored the production and delivered his usual machine gun fast style rapping regardless of what the music was playing behind him. That's why people say Drake out rapped him on that collab joint cos hearing Drake was a breath of fresh air.

Koozek

Woah, new James Blake album!? Will listen later today
beSFiXF.png

https://play.spotify.com/album/3W6y9r01OraL2mcoySQW9v

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Can't believe I slept on Rugged Man for so long. Dude's great.

He's a great rapper. He is also a fucking tool of a human being but hey most rappers are.

Rittz, Aesop and Mayhem Lauren albums all waiting for me to listen to. Haven't had this much music available at once that I've been excited about in a very long time.

Fjordson

Yeah, not a huge fan of it. The end is a bit much with the gospel dude and the choir and shit. But I'm not religious so what do I know.

He's a great rapper. He is also a fucking tool of a human being but hey most rappers are.

Rittz, Aesop and Mayhem Lauren albums all waiting for me to listen to. Haven't had this much music available at once that I've been excited about in a very long time.

Ooooh! Intrigued. What happened with Rugged?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Ooooh! Intrigued. What happened with Rugged?

It's not any big specific thing, I followed him on Facebook so his posts pop up on my feed and they are often just plain idiotic. One that comes to mind is he was convinced the bullshit about planned parenthood selling aborted baby parts was true and even after it was proved false he doubled down and talked about them being in the pocket of the government so they have to be evil and blah blah. He's just one of these dipshit conspiracy theory nut jobs who never listen to reason or logic. And he is aggressive and arrogant about it which makes it intolerable to deal with sometimes.

Dereck

I think Justin just tried him because he's super new and Desiigner isn't about that negative shit he's just tryna get money and get people hype so it would make sense that he would brush that off.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It's not any big specific thing, I followed him on Facebook so his posts pop up on my feed and they are often just plain idiotic. One that comes to mind is he was convinced the bullshit about planned parenthood selling aborted baby parts was true and even after it was proved false he doubled down and talked about them being in the pocket of the government so they have to be evil and blah blah. He's just one of these dipshit conspiracy theory nut jobs who never listen to reason or logic. And he is aggressive and arrogant about it which makes it intolerable to deal with sometimes.

Oh, see, I thought you were talking about how he was this D list rapper back in the day who got to big for his britches, pissed off every rapper who tried to work with him, then came back as a delusional nutjob who stylizes himself as a rap OG with some semblance of cred. Dude is alright on the mic, that shit he did with Blu 4 years ago was his best shit in like, ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom