• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is this clown taking over gaf hop. this is the first time i feel out of touch and crusty. the fact that i fear i am finally out of touch hurts my self esteem as a soulja girl.

surely it's not me right? desiigner is just garbage.

edit: never mind, i see all the posts. nobody else is fooled by his witchcraft.

Hip Hop

Desiigner - Moon People
Desiigner_gif-1.1.gif

i just can't fuck with this

Ninja Dom

why is this clown taking over gaf hop. this is the first time i feel out of touch and crusty. the fact that i fear i am finally out of touch hurts my self esteem as a soulja girl.

I gotta admit, Panda is a good song and it's always interesting watching him perform that.

This Moon People though...he may have the same sounding voice as Future but he's straight up bit Future's flow and style of rapping. Desiigner supposed to be from Brooklyn.

Who sounds more alike? Desiigner & Future, or Ghostface & Bronson?

Dereck

There's really just one guy posting things about Desiigner throughout the thread.

Championing wack shit just because its new to fit in with people who have no idea of this thread's existance or Neogaf in general is nothing new for this thread.

Remember drill rap? Me neither

illadelph

I know that in this Charmin-soft Twitter era of existence, no one wants to be seen as a hater for having any sort of personal opinion, but someone needs to step up and ether this Desiigner dork for having no redeemable musical abilities or original form of expression

dude is wackness in its purest, most absolute form, and everyone keeps pretending that it's acceptable

FZZ

Banned
The Desiigner track is from a freestyle that someone put a beat over and autotuned out

No one in Desiigner's camp is pushing it, he just thought it was cool and sent out a link to the song even though it's not an official release at all LMAO

Dereck

The Desiigner track is from a freestyle that someone put a beat over and autotuned out

No one in Desiigner's camp is pushing it, he just thought it was cool and sent out a link to the song even though it's not an official release at all LMAO
zwfQ0Ne.gif

Oh, see, I thought you were talking about how he was this D list rapper back in the day who got to big for his britches, pissed off every rapper who tried to work with him, then came back as a delusional nutjob who stylizes himself as a rap OG with some semblance of cred. Dude is alright on the mic, that shit he did with Blu 4 years ago was his best shit in like, ever.

Why u disrespectin Rugged? Him and Biggie were best friends.

Finally got around to listening to Slime Season 3. Really dope. The only track I wasn't feeling too much was the second one. I'm really coming around to this dude.

TeTr1C

If you're counting the bonus tracks, yeah it's a lot. Considering the few skits that help the album move along, it's only a song longer than his last two I believe. Unless you're talking about album length. That intro track does a great job of grabbing your attention no matter if you've heard Rittz before or not, wish there were a few more intense beats like that throughout but I'm still loving it. Hope this one blows up for him, he definitely deserves it.

HiResDes

I have the Deluxe, which is 24 tracks...And from what I can tell only 3 of them are bonus tracks. That's way too many even with a couple of skits.

Rittz out here dropping marathon albums smh. There should be a law that no rapper goes beyond 45-50 minutes without a strong concept and/or amazing sequencing/songwriting.

Good tracks on this though.

HiResDes

Rittz out here dropping marathon albums smh. There should be a law that no rapper goes beyond 45-50 minutes without a strong concept and/or amazing sequencing/songwriting.

Good tracks on this though.

Yeah it's good, but it could be even more solid with like a more streamlined 12 track version.

New Oddisee and Homeboy Sandman are out there

I was sort of disappointed with The Good Fight, but maybe the next one will be better. Meh, won't hurt to listen.

Anyway, while I think he's inconsistent much like JMT himself, when he's on fire, few producers sound better. Also, going to rank my top 10-15 favorite Stoupe beats sometime, it has to be done.

IrishNinja

danm, bandana might really turn this year around

you are literally not a full gafhopper in my eyes until you've had this moment

IAt9wjT.jpg

Y'all so fucking dusty it's embarrassing

and then someone's told you this right after

giving away a scoot-e-bike though!

Anyways what is Mos Def's best album?

Black on Both Sides, by a country mile - it's the only thing even close to a classic as well
Blackstar has some of he & Talib's best moments as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom