• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Dom

After a couple of re-listens to Views, I've changed my mind. The album is great. A sold 7, almost an 8 out of 10. Not as good as last years If Your Listening...

But yeah even though it's overly long the best tracks are top tier tracks.

mooooose

the reaction to views was harsh because everyone expected it to be great but because it was a bunch of stagnant 40 production and drake raps that showed regression, no one fucked with it

there are good tracks on it but its still way too long and for that reason its a mediocre project but salvageable and enjoyable for fans who care enough to pick favorites for a playlist

HiResDes

This Kaytranada is the best album of 2016 so far
Definitely disagree, all out best album is pushing it, it definitely wears out its welcome and fails to keep me interested well before the end. It just lacks anything truly substantial and evocative to me. Not enough big risks.
Reloaded by a long shot
I don't know about by a long shot
After a couple of re-listens to Views, I've changed my mind. The album is great. A sold 7, almost an 8 out of 10. Not as good as last years If Your Listening...

But yeah even though it's overly long the best tracks are top tier tracks.
Nope it's a six out ten type of album stop trying to prop this bullshit out of name recognition. You go back to a Hungry Man dinner enough times and you might be able to convince yourself it's decent too.

Cheddahz

Banned
This Kaytranada is the best album of 2016 so far

Definitely disagree, all out best album is pushing it, it definitely wears out its welcome and fails to keep me interested well before the end. It just lacks anything truly substantial and evocative to me. Not enough big risks.

not going to say its the best album of 2016 (because it isn't), but man, the album is a blast to listen to as you're driving

Vorheez

Well, out of the albums I've listened to so far this year, it's definitely the best. Admittedly that's not a lot of albums though, so it's not conclusive.

Nope it's a six out ten type of album stop trying to prop this bullshit out of name recognition. You go back to a Hungry Man dinner enough times and you might be able to convince yourself it's decent too.

LOL. Good one.

I don't understand how those Hungry Man dinners actually sell, GROSS.

thabiz

I literally listened to Views for the first time today

Cookie.png

overcast

Drake finally got a #1. One Dance dethroned Panda.
I can understand this. Chicks love to dance to One Dance...
As do I
Drake's album, Views, sells 1 million units in 5 days under Apple exclusivity.

http://www.macrumors.com/2016/05/09/drakes-views-million-copies/
I saw an ad for this when watching the playoffs. Makes plenty of sense the push for this thing was massive. Too bad the album is mehhh.
Marcberg or Reloaded?
Marcberg.

why is this nigga so fuckin ugly tho
Lmfaoo

OG Kush

The new Skepta album is great? Are you guys from the UK who are saying this? Me and all my mates are sorely dissapointed. Black list was much better. On Konnichiwa Skepta uses the same flow on every track and possible even the same sound banks. I get that he's trying to take the Grime sound international but this album definitely needs more variety in production.

But naah his same old flow, same punchline flow, and most of the tracks sound the same is just dead. 6/10 from me.

Ninja Dom

The new Skepta album is great? Are you guys from the UK who are saying this? Me and all my mates are sorely dissapointed. Black list was much better. On Konnichiwa Skepta uses the same flow on every track and possible even the same sound banks. I get that he's trying to take the Grime sound international but this album definitely needs more variety in production.

But naah his same old flow, same punchline flow, and most of the tracks sound the same is just dead. 6/10 from me.

Yes mate. Good old London Town right here bruv! And it's a 5/10 from me. The production is uninspired. As I said in my post above, it's the old singles that are the best. We love that raw, grimy Skepta. But the production seems to wanna cross into straight hip-hop, and it's not good enough.

Of course, you can't produce an album full of moody arsed grime tunes and expect big ting sales, so I understand the direction. But you gotta come with better hip-hop production than this. Much prefer Views tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom