• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Doubt drake would try to shit on kanye's album release, especially if he's featured
And helping promote it.

I don't think releasing a single beforehand would be shitting on it, but I'm sure they're not trying to get in eachother's way.

tidal uploaded thw whole album by accident but it's taken down now.
tracklist via KTT
CZwsNEJWIAAi4LU.jpg

CZwsNFBWQAAGu57.jpg

edit: what the fuck i don't care about a fucking rihanna album

What are the best abstract rap albums, outside of guys like Aesop Rock (obviously my favorite), Cannibal Ox, MF Doom, and the like? Obviously, abstract rap is going to be underground and only there, so I'm trying to figure out where I can find these albums. Most of them I'm sure slips through the cracks, because...you need a reason? As underground and obscure is fine with me. Just to be clear, I'm familiar with Anticon as a label, but yeah I still haven't delved into the discographies of those rappers.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
What are the best abstract rap albums, outside of guys like Aesop Rock (obviously my favorite), Cannibal Ox, MF Doom, and the like? Obviously, abstract rap is going to be underground and only there, so I'm trying to figure out where I can find these albums. Most of them I'm sure slips through the cracks, because...you need a reason? As underground and obscure is fine with me. Just to be clear, I'm familiar with Anticon as a label, but yeah I still haven't delved into the discographies of those rappers.

Listen to Shabazz Palaces. Black Up is a good album to start with.

Courage

Dalek - Absence
Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecologyst
Death Grips - The Money Store
Milo - So the Flies Don't Come
El-P - Fantastic Damage
Quasimoto - The Unseen
Shabazz Palaces - Lese Majesty
Billy Woods - Today, I Wrote Nothing
Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
Lil Ugly Mane - Oblivion Access
Busdriver - Temporary Forever

injurai

Banned

We have very similar tastes. Check out Busdriver, Milo, Open Mike Eagle, Apollo Brown, cLOUDDEAD, Marq Spekt, Kno, Sadistik, Roots Manuva, King Geedorah. It's a decent spread, some will fall into the styles you described. Others achieve a similar abstractness to their production or lyricism. A few I might be tossing in on my own bias. Enjoy.

FZZ

Banned
Weird to live in a world where trab is bigger than one of the people he "imitates"

also I really liked the ending off Hear Me

Dereck

Dalek - Absence
Dr. Octagon - Dr. Octagonecologyst
Death Grips - The Money Store
Milo - So the Flies Don't Come
El-P - Fantastic Damage
Quasimoto - The Unseen
Shabazz Palaces - Lese Majesty
Billy Woods - Today, I Wrote Nothing
Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
Lil Ugly Mane - Oblivion Access
Busdriver - Temporary Forever

We have very similar tastes. Check out Busdriver, Milo, Open Mike Eagle, Apollo Brown, cLOUDDEAD, Marq Spekt, Kno, Sadistik, Roots Manuva, King Geedorah. It's a decent spread, some will fall into the styles you described. Others achieve a similar abstractness to their production or lyricism. A few I might be tossing in on my own bias. Enjoy.
I'll add to this.

Zeroh - awfulalterations
Jeremiah Jae - Raw Money Raps
Captain Murphy - Duality
Edan - Beauty and the Beat
Aceyalone - A Book of Human Language
Mr. Lif - I Phantom
Busdriver - Fear of a Black Tangent

Is Kool G Rap's solo debut album worth checking out. Fast Life is incredible, but I'm not sure if I want to sit through the rest of the album. Live and Let Die is an absolute classic, though.

Fuck yeah, it's fantastic.

I'll give it a shot, for sure. Kool G Rap is fucking amazing, and damn it, Nas was outshined in fast life.

Also, does anybody have ANY idea if Organized Konfusion's Stress: The Extinction Agenda is going to be re-released any time soon? Copies are super fucking expensive and it's not even digital.....will it even be re-released? I hope so, for fuck's sake.

loudbill

Im really excited for Bottomless Pit. I hope death grips' sound evolved to the point where its just mc ride rapping over harsh noise

Im really excited for Bottomless Pit. I hope death grips' sound evolved to the point where its just mc ride rapping over harsh noise

I love Death Grips, but honestly, I lost interest in them with Government Plates and following. I love it when they stay to the rap conventions, honestly. Really, Death Grips was exciting for me because, despite all of the insanity and the noise they incorporated into their music, their albums were still rap albums at the end of the day; dope beats, slamming lyrics, inventive wordplay, and a focus on personality over everything else.

I'll give it a shot, for sure. Kool G Rap is fucking amazing, and damn it, Nas was outshined in fast life.

Also, does anybody have ANY idea if Organized Konfusion's Stress: The Extinction Agenda is going to be re-released any time soon? Copies are super fucking expensive and it's not even digital.....will it even be re-released? I hope so, for fuck's sake.

You're better off downloading it sadly

IrishNinja

Lol, wat. My favorite Lupe verse.

for real? thought it brought that whole track down a notch, the way ye's verse did on jay-z's "bounce"

#TeamBetterThanTheOriginal

The fact PD predicted the Amber Rose thing :dead: what a GOAT.

wait, he did? fuck

I mean...she is the one sticking fingers up butts
That tweet is an ether, and a self-ether

i mean, she got him, it's just...i have no idea why anyone cares what amber does/says in 2k16, she ain't done shit

we kink shaming in gaf-hop now? wow grow up

also this

This is mesermizing as hell...and she has a tattoo on her inner right thigh.

ahahaha, my man used his sharingan on that ass

Billy Woods - Warmachines

I'm getting that same epiphany I got with MF Doom all those years back. Damn near the whole song is quotable.

Missiles, close enough to see model and make
Haters gon' hate
Watch my city like The Blind Sheikh
Handle snakes at the wake
You could tell he went to hell just look at his face

scust.png

Looking like the one that got away
Survivor's guilt like runaway slave
Dad's coffin in the house for two days
Lenin lying in state
Grab the gats, had a fucking parade
Ticker tape on the graves

wow.png

Silent auction
His soul went unsold
Not for lack of trying
High horse road hard, metalless iron
Precious as blood from tyrants, built to spill
Instill men with the will to kill
Your last meal served cold, now it's really real

mjcry1.png

Time to check out this man's discography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom