• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

Thugga has the highest high with Harambe, but Vince's EP killed it all the way through.

Either way we ate good today

Hitta93

Banned
Haven't listened to Prima Donna yet, but Jeffery is fighting with Blank Face for best rap release of the year right now.

Might even be better than Barter 6.

Koozek

0rkQcif.jpg

brb making a smiley
Is that Jeezy?

Listened to Tyler, The Creator's Goblin finally. Pretty disappointing, though I'm not even a fan of his music to begin with. Wolf I liked well enough though I barely listen to it these days.

bittsm will be better than blonde

kinda doubt that. scott sucks ass. blonde getting levels everytime i listen to it. with scott i just want the guy to go away and give his la flame beats to the better guests on his tracks. excited for the production tho no doubt.

and jeffrey > new staples but vince is so good right now too. he even does danny brown flow in the last track of the ep lol.

T Dollarz

Blank Face, Honor Killed the Samurai, Diagnosis, JEFFERY, Prima Donna, among others, have exposed the albums that the masses have fallen in love with like Coloring Book and Blonde to be frauds. They likely wouldn't make my end of the year top 20.

I mean, we still got Travi$ and Danny on the way brehs.

Edit: Yeah, I thought the new YG was a really fun album, but it's not a game changer or anything. Already kinda fell out of rotation.

HiiiLife

Ka and Radical Suicide are up there.

Hopefully Gibbs figures out whatever the fuck is going on with him cause Bandana and The Suns Tirade gon be some heat when they drop later in the year.

Koozek

Like, as corny as this sounds, this is the first time where I feel emotionally invested in this beef crap, lol, should this amount to anything, anyway. I'm slowly starting to get tired of Drake since Views and if he'd be as stupid as to respond in any way to André, I'm done. I haven't followed any of this, has there been any reaction from Drake's camp?

SEMI-EDIT: Okay, "Drake > André" in the comment section of the Cee-Lo Sway interview
mjcry1.png
mjcry1.png
mjcry1.png

EDIT: Wait, 3K wrote his verse two years ago already? Well, then the case is closed already, I guess :D

HiiiLife

Eh. Not invested at all. It's just funny seeing people fly off the handle at whatever chance they get to see Drakes downfall.

First people lapped up the Em rumors, and then this. Lol. People hate winners breh.

With that being said, the verse still applies in 2016, whether or not it was written about him in mind, but damn people are salivating for the fall.

Koozek

Eh. Not invested at all. It's just funny seeing people fly off the handle at whatever chance they get to see Drakes downfall.

First people lapped up the Em rumors, and then this. Lol. People hate winners breh.

With that being said, the verse still applies in 2016, whether or not it was written about him in mind, but damn people are salivating for the fall.

I've been a huge Drake stan since '08/'09, but this year it definitely hit the saturation point for me. Can't hear him monotonously sing about his exes anymore. And is it just me, or did his singing somehow get worse on Views? I never had a problem as someone who likes wonky sing-rapping more than clinical pitch-perfect singing, but I actually had to cringe at some parts on Views for the first time because it's clear he takes himself seriously when he's singing. Ah, whatever, he's peaked and getting stale. He's nowhere near 3 Stacks and never will.

HiiiLife

I've been a huge Drake stan since '08/'09, but this year it definitely hit the saturation point for me. Can't hear him monotonously sing about his exes anymore. And is it just me, or did his singing somehow get worse on Views? I never had a problem as someone who likes wonky sing-rapping more than clinical pitch-perfect singing, but I actually had to cringe at some parts on Views for the first time because it's clear he takes himself seriously when he's singing. Ah, whatever, he's peaked and getting stale. He's nowhere near 3 Stacks and never will.

Really curious how his career will go after Views, he's always killed the charts since 09, but nowadays you can really tell he's on coast mode and if he ain't gonna switch it up, then yeah I can see his thunder being stolen. But who knows.

I really don't mind. I got enough music I've enjoyed from him. And I still love Kast.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
He's one of the members of the Wu-Tang Clan. Most find him to be the worst. I think he's mid-tier personally, but all of the members except Masta Killah (his verses on Wu Tang Forever are so damn underwhelming) are hard to knock IMO.

That's weird I never heard of him. lol

this is so sick man. You sound great. sorry I can't provide meaningful critique

Thanks! Glad you like it, I make my own beats too lol

Koozek

Drake will never be on any GOAT list of rappers nor Pop artists in 10 years, no matter how successful he's been for the last 2 years and maybe 1-2 more at best, let's not even pretend. So what's left then, his streaming numbers and sales? Who cares. Pitbull and Flo-Rida had more radio hits than most rappers in the last 10 years, especially in Europe and elsewhere, which you guys over in the US really underestimate - and who cares? History? Nah.

PBY

Banned
Drake will never be on any GOAT list of rappers nor Pop artists in 10 years, no matter how successful he's been for the last 2 years and maybe 1-2 more at best, let's not even pretend. So what's left then, his streaming numbers and sales? Who cares. Pitbull and Flo-Rida had more radio hits than most rappers in the last 10 years, especially in Europe and elsewhere, which you guys over in the US really underestimate - and who cares? History? Nah.

people said this about drake 3 years ago, were past this point now. hes one of the goats, whether you like it or not

i think hes a mid tier talent who manages his shit pretty much flawlessly. i dont think he and jay z are all that much different btw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom