• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

people said this about drake 3 years ago, were past this point now. hes one of the goats, whether you like it or not

i think hes a mid tier talent who manages his shit pretty much flawlessly. i dont think he and jay z are all that much different btw

Drake > Hov tbh

people said this about drake 3 years ago, were past this point now. hes one of the goats, whether you like it or not

i think hes a mid tier talent who manages his shit pretty much flawlessly. i dont think he and jay z are all that much different btw

Drake has been making better music for a longer period of time than Jay-Z ever did.

ARK322

Neo Member
What's everyone's favorite 3+ song run of the year so far? Harambe through Pick up the Phone. Miley Cyrus through Figure It Out on Wave Gods is also great.

PBY

Banned
What's everyone's favorite 3+ song run of the year so far? Harambe through Pick up the Phone. Miley Cyrus through Figure It Out on Wave Gods is also great.
This is in the running for post of the year

First tracks of TLOP in the mix

T Dollarz

Guys, in an 18 month period, Young Thug has dropped the following:

Barter 6
Slime Season
Slime Season 2
I'm Up (pretty lackluster)
Slime Season 3
No, My Name is JEFFERY

And a shitload of features!

He may have just usurped his way into my "favorite working artist" position. I mean, FUCK.

Courage

Harambe -> Webbie -> Kanye West

Waves -> FML -> Real Friends

ULT -> Gook -> Sick & Tired

Warping -> Eh -> Bubbles Buried in This Jungle

That Cold And Lonely -> Mourn At Night -> $

not hip-hop but the last 5 tracks on Blonde are incredible as well.

Syntsui

Barter 6
Slime Season
Slime Season 2
Slime Season 3
No, My Name is JEFFERY

He may have just usurped his way into my "favorite working artist" position. I mean, FUCK.
Thugga is the best artist of the decade, any genre considered. No one comes closer to him talent wise.

Pick Up the Phone
wow.png
wow.png
wow.png

Barter 6
Slime Season
Slime Season 2
Slime Season 3
No, My Name is JEFFERY

Best out. I love TLOP...but I think Jeffery might be AOTY guys.

HiResDes

Nikes, Nights, Seigfried, and White Ferrari that's all of the tracks that are really hitting me after more than five full playthroughs, yep I think it's as good as as it's gonna get for me.

Barter 6
Slime Season
Slime Season 2
Slime Season 3
No, My Name is JEFFERY

When it comes to the artist I listen to and enjoy most. No one comes close.

Hitta93

Banned
You stated Reasonable Doubt is better than any Drake album(which is debatable), right? I'm saying "Who Cares?" when we don't rank rappers solely based off album quality? Jay Z is widely considered the greatest rapper ever, do you want to go as far and say his discography is the best in the genre as well?

You stated Reasonable Doubt is better than any Drake album(which is debatable), right? I'm saying "Who Cares?" when we don't rank rappers solely based off album quality? Jay Z is widely considered the greatest rapper ever, do you want to go as far and say his discography is the best in the genre as well?

I see what you mean, I suppose. What has Drake done as an impact on the genre that makes him among the greats. That's my question, I admittedly don't follow Drake's cultural relevance today. Sales alone to me doesn't say everything about cultural relevance, since it's merely just...well, sales. I can think of plenty of movies that have made less money than Avatar but are more culturally relevant.

Hitta93

Banned
I see what you mean, I suppose. What has Drake done as an impact on the genre that makes him among the greats. That's my question, I admittedly don't follow Drake's cultural relevance today. Sales alone to me doesn't say everything about cultural relevance, since it's merely just...well, sales. I can think of plenty of movies that have made less money than Avatar but are more culturally relevant.
Agreed, it's not a simple black and white discussion though. Too many factors and variables for each argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom