• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading some of the initial reactions to 808s and Heartbreak is pretty fun. There's some people who REALLY didn't like Auto-Tune. I guess it turned me off the album a little bit initially as well, but I really like it now. The album reminds me a little of David Bowie's Low. Street Lights is a fantastic song.

I've got a XPS 15 and it's great. I don't use the webcam at all, though I can see how the placement could suck.

edit: Randomly heard an OutKast song yesterday and remembered that I've wanted to listen to them for a while, what's a good place to start?

People say it's one of the secret gems of 2016; haven't given it a shot yet tho

Yeah it's fantastic

hell to the yes.
I've between listening to it. Very well put together album.

I'm just not a fan of her voice on a lot of these songs. I keep thinking about how much more I would enjoy this if someone like kalela was doing the vocals.

I can definitely see why its such a hihghly regarded album after looking at the reviews & such. I'll keep listening though.

Reading some of the initial reactions to 808s and Heartbreak is pretty fun. There's some people who REALLY didn't like Auto-Tune. I guess it turned me off the album a little bit initially as well, but I really like it now. The album reminds me a little of David Bowie's Low. Street Lights is a fantastic song.

edit: Randomly heard an OutKast song yesterday and remembered that I've wanted to listen to them for a while, what's a good place to start?

808s is beautiful. I think as a by-product of a traumatic event, it's amazing. It's very evident how much emotion was poured into the record; you actually here grief, pain, loneliness, all these myriad of emotions. It's a really interesting work to look at and just think about, and rivals something like "Blackstar" as great albums born out of trauma. As an album in a vacuum, it's not the best album Kanye's made, but to put Kanye albums in a vacuum is to strip most of the meaning out of them. It's really cool to see how Kanye recognizes his life is so overwhelmingly public and constructs albums to make use of that.

I'd always say go chronologically for any artist you're listening too for the first time. Most of Kast's albums are classics so really regardless of where you start, you're listening to some good stuff.

Digs really ain't all that breh
You're likely right, but ever since he got famous off of "Hamilton", I gotta rep him all the way since I liked him before America did.

He's lowkey the 21st century version of Busta Rhymes.
Yep, this.

Clipping is also mediocre overall.
clipping fucking sucks
...and ignored. How dare you have an opinion that is contrary to mine?

For what it's worth, I like clipping. Splendour and Misery was...not great, but I really like CLPPNG and even midcity, though midcity's propensity for noisier production is a negative in my book. Daveed can rap the hell out of verses, and "Story 2" is a phenomenal song. I just don't think the band has had widely-accepted "classic" yet, but they definitely have the potential for it.

ARK322

Neo Member
I've between listening to it. Very well put together album.

I'm just not a fan of her voice on a lot of these songs. I keep thinking about how much more I would enjoy this if someone like kalela was doing the vocals.

I can definitely see why its such a hihghly regarded album after looking at the reviews & such. I'll keep listening though.

She definitely doesn't have a super commanding vocal presence and maybe in the context of different production that'd be a problem. But the Soulquarian sound running through the album suits her really well

As in both him and Busta got famous for their ability to rap really fast with different rhyme schemes. Also, Busta weirdly has more filmography credits than I thought. It's not a perfect metaphor, okay?

For me, the hallmark of Busta Rhymes is his gonzo, over the top style. Never got that from Clipping.

Anyway, I think I have enough Kanye West songs I like to make at least a top ten or something. His albums for me have always been mixed overall for me, kind of like Drake. Meh, YMMV.

Koozek

Sorry about FFXV Koozek.

Persona 5 will hold us down.
QGwJjyE.gif

Detox

Fuck national populism. Fuck the pollsters. Fuck Donald Trump. Fuck Theresa May.

The political elite are / were oblivious to how they have alienated ordinary people over many decades. The chickens have come home to roost but it wasn't supposed to be like this.

Canada looking real sane now.

Detox

That's if The Don can take time off his quest to make a billion in the valley.

Lord knows America needs to hear the return of God's Son to soothe their daily heartache with his smooth dulcet tone.

I really can't believe it happened but truthfully young people hate Hilary more than Donald Trump. They truly believe Hilary would cause war world 3

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Well maybe shit will get so bad hiphop will be greeat again too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom