• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eos

Rodeo is still fantastic

So idk if y'all just trolling, but I really am disappointed Travis wasn't anywhere on the album. Days After Rodeo gonna bump tho

Thought he was gonna be on feedback (idk if he was talking about freestyle 4 or feedback since the names switched?) since he was glad ye put it back in

FZZ

Banned
Thought he was gonna be on feedback (idk if he was talking about freestyle 4 or feedback since the names switched?) since he was glad ye put it back in

Yeah I have no clue either tbh

Also Nibel just posted the Kanye tweet saying he's gonna be fixing wolves

Nibel

Gospel or not; I hear TPAB elements in that album and I believe he was influenced by it to a certain degree, just as he is influenced by Future and the current trap sound on some songs, just has he is influenced by current pop alá Rihanna, just as Wiz influenced him to change the album title, just as Chance influenced him to delay the album - and I stand by that. Like I said: compare the development of 2014-2015 Ye and where that sound went compared to what you have here
wtzgU.gif

It's not I am critcizing by any means, I appreciate it

Edit: and yeah

stcKQac.png

riotous

Banned
Listened to TLOP last night on my Sonos...

Thought it was pretty terrible; like outright boring as fuck.

Like Real Friends, 30 hours.. that's about it. Despite being a big Weeknd fan (seen him live 4 times), thought FML was mediocre as hell.

Kanye is not interesting enough to do minimalist beats.

In a tragic twist all of my earphones broke and I need new ones. Preferably in-ear with remote and cheap. Any recs?

We all drop our standards for quality when it comes to our faves; I look forward to your impressions in a few weeks when the dust has settled
even though in this thread it never stops settling with these Irish posts

Real talk: I get what you are saying here but to me Ye always had a certain idea behind an album; sure, maybe you dig the more mixtape/compilation style of tracks with lots of different vibes, and I can live with "incohesive but sonically pleasing" projects as well, but it feels way too extreme in here and way too forced, like he wanted to please literally everybody with this project. This is why I feel Enzo's "Ye does what he wants on his albums" laughable especially in context to this project

I don't even listen to kanye like that, breh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
In a tragic twist all of my earphones broke and I need new ones. Preferably in-ear with remote and cheap. Any recs?
I just bought some Xiaomi Piston IIIs, they seem like the absolute best value for the ~$20 price range. Sound is great. Do you research and be wary of fakes, though.

FZZ

Banned
I just bought some Xiaomi Piston IIIs, they seem like the absolute best value for the ~$20 price range. Sound is great. Do you research and be wary of fakes, though.

Be warned I bought these 4 months ago and they were perfect, but my pair had a defect and it started electrocuting me in my right ear. They were direct from amazon too so they were legit.

I also had Piston II's which imo had better bass.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Be warned I bought these 4 months ago and they were perfect, but my pair had a defect and it started electrocuting me in my right ear. They were direct from amazon too so they were legit.

Mine kind of do this already lol, not a big deal to me though, happens super occasionally. Unless this is a sign of it about to break.

Yeah I remember HRD mentioning the IIs being better for rap, but they're harder to find real ones for a decent price in Canada.

Zekes!

Don't pay attention to these guys.

Start with Barter 6 then Slime Season 1 then Slime Season 2 then I'm Up.

Barter 6 and Slime Season 2 is some of the best hip-hop of 2015.

I copped SS1 and threw it on the phone to listen to while I go grab some last minute V-Day shit for the girl. Will listen to Barter 6 later tonight if I get the chance.

Ninja Dom

Mine kind of do this already lol, not a big deal to me though, happens super occasionally. Unless this is a sign of it about to break.

Yeah I remember HRD mentioning the IIs being better for rap, but they're harder to find real ones for a decent price in Canada.

I'm currently using Apple EarPods, the free ones that come with iPhone. Tell me more about these Xiaomi because I'm also in the market for cheap in-ear headphones. I only listen to hip-hop. I was considering those SoundMagic E10S with remote but at £40 it may be a bit much for me.

EDIT: This Hong Kong seller is selling Piston 3's for only £3.79 & free delivery. 6 weeks+ for delivery though.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/291536462258

HiResDes

II`s have bigger bass impact then the III's. Both are great sounding for the price, build quality on anything this cheap is whatever though

HiResDes

Mess in a good way my ass. Travis the second best artist behind Kanye, and someone dapping that opinion, wow... Just wow, dark days

HiResDes

Oh yeah buying directly from Amazon doesn't necessarily protect you against fakes unless you can verify the third party they received them from are legit

Ninja Dom

II`s have bigger bass impact then the III's. Both are great sounding for the price, build quality on anything this cheap is whatever though

Sweet!! There's one ebayer selling a batch of the II's for £16 and he's in my country. He promises, promises, promises that they're genuine. I'm assuming the remote works fine on iPhone?

FZZ

Banned
Oh yeah buying directly from Amazon doesn't necessarily protect you against fakes unless you can verify the third party they received them from are legit

I crossed checked the packaging with everything available online once I got it too

Everything checked out, still ended up electrocuting me. Just think my unit was defective though.

OG Kush

I'm currently using Apple EarPods, the free ones that come with iPhone. Tell me more about these Xiaomi because I'm also in the market for cheap in-ear headphones. I only listen to hip-hop. I was considering those SoundMagic E10S with remote but at £40 it may be a bit much for me.

EDIT: This Hong Kong seller is selling Piston 3's for only £3.79 & free delivery. 6 weeks+ for delivery though.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/291536462258

Mate, its only £3 and from honk kong? Do you really need us to tell u these are fake?!

FZZ

Banned
Y'all seriously buying headphones that electrocute your ear?

To be fair II's never did that to me

And the audio quality was immaculate for the 8 months the II's lasted and the 4 the III's lasted. I'm a heavy user though, headphones in 70% of the day and earbuds wear out very fast. Also wore them during gym sessions, and when it would rain (with a hoodie on ofc) but water prolly killed the II's for me.

Fjordson

That SS3 cover is pretty dope lol.

Listened to TLOP last night on my Sonos...

Thought it was pretty terrible; like outright boring as fuck.

Like Real Friends, 30 hours.. that's about it. Despite being a big Weeknd fan (seen him live 4 times), thought FML was mediocre as hell.

Kanye is not interesting enough to do minimalist beats.
Real Friends and 30 Hours are definitely my two favourites. I've played 30 Hours like 20 times already.

Rest of it isn't terrible imo, but I dunno...doesn't feel like a Kanye album. Just a bunch of demos or half-finished ideas with weird guest spots (Desiigner lol).

Forgot to vent my disappointment with the new Majid Jordan.

Shoulda capped it at 5 tracks again, at most 6, and threw in the instrumentals from OVO Sound ep 4.

Fjordson

I wanna buy some new senn's soon. Any recommendations?
Over-ear? I have a pair of HD 598's that sound pretty amazing and are super comfortable. Had them for a year now and would easily recommend them without any reservations. They even look good imo.

Des will probably have more insight into this, though.

Forgot to vent my disappointment with the new Majid Jordan.

Shoulda capped it at 5 tracks again, at most 6, and threw in the instrumentals from OVO Sound ep 4.
Yeah, as a full length it's inconsistent. The highs are pretty nice though, has a great late-night vibe.

Apparently it sold under 5K? OVO as a label seems like sort of a mess for non-Drake artists..

Yeah, as a full length it's inconsistent. The highs are pretty nice though, has a great late-night vibe.

Apparently it sold under 5K? OVO as a label seems like sort of a mess for non-Drake artists..

Damn that sucks. They shouldnt have kept releasing each track of their album for weeks before the launch. I have been streaming them a lot so hope some of that Spotify $$$ makes its way to them.

The highs are definitely great. "Learn from Each Other", "Day and Night", "Every step every way", and "King City" are solid. The rest are pretty forgettable and brings down the project overall.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Over-ear? I have a pair of HD 598's that sound pretty amazing and are super comfortable. Had them for a year now and would easily recommend them without any reservations. They even look good imo.

Des will probably have more insight into this, though.
Respect

Sitting here listening to the original 2000 version of Bubba Sparxxx's "Dark Days, Bright Nights"

Pretty damn good really. Not missing Timbo at all (despite his good work on the official release) and I forgot this redneck could flow

HiResDes

I wanna buy some new senn's soon. Any recommendations?
What's with the brand loyalty, the 598s are technically great but the bass is so neutral it's borderline anemic. I'd recommend figuring out a hard line budget, whether you want open or closed headphones and describing what kind of music you mainly listen to to get the best recommendation. Sennheiser makes plenty of mediocre shit too.

riotous

Banned
Real Friends and 30 Hours are definitely my two favourites. I've played 30 Hours like 20 times already.

Rest of it isn't terrible imo, but I dunno...doesn't feel like a Kanye album. Just a bunch of demos or half-finished ideas with weird guest spots (Desiigner lol).

Terrible was my first impression; going to listen in my ride a few times.. but I definitely didn't jump on any of these songs as "amazing" like others did.

The pattern I noticed was: minimilast beats with like a minute to nearly 2 minute buildup to being slightly less minimal...I can handle minimilasm, I can handle songs with buildiup.. but these songs just bored me.

People have been shitting themsleves for ULB for instance since it first streamed... I'm left just thinking "Wut?" The Chance part is... ok.

HiResDes

I haven't had any reason to upgrade from my 595s but I don't think they're in production anymore
I had the chance to compare them to my Fidelio X1 and I gotta say while they technically might be a tad cleaner given their near perfect treble the bass on them is so unexciting that I don't think I could ever go back to them.

OG Kush

Bloody hell, people were right, the TLOP comparisons to a modern video game are are true.. This album is in early access and is even getting patches. Their might even potentially be DLC expansion pack if the rumours are true.

Ninja Dom

Can you imagine? You legit download the album from Tidal and the tracks change as Kanye patches the album? Without you having to do anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom