• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

injurai

Banned
He's fixing Wolves and that's all that matters.

Right now the album wolves is like 2 steps forward 1 step back. That weird trill before the second verse that fades and only detracts is just odd. The weird pacing issues where the song kinds stops and starts again. Just fucking odd. But the addition of Ye's verse specifically referencing the title really adds.

His verse on wolves kinda sucks but that part where the drums drop and then come back in again midway through his verse is fucking great. That vocal sample gets a higher pitch too

He should keep that final verse in and Frank ocean but also add sia

The waves --> wolves stretch of the album is it's best tracks easy. Throw famous and father pt 1 in there too (even with kanyes all time low garbage verse)

30 Hours is decent. Could have dropped all that talking though

So that new Curren$y is pretty meh huh? Gotta hope Covert Coup 2 lives up to expectations

Cartridge, Black Rally Stripes, Disappearing Ink, 500 Pounds of Gas, The Mack Book, 93 AMG, Smoking In The Rain are all good tracks IMO. Different vibe to Covert Coup, but it's cool. They also made most of the tape in one day btw

Man the third verse on Momma still gives me chills mang
But never mind you're here right now don't you mistake it
It's just a new trip, take a glimpse at your family's ancestor
Make a new list, of everything you thought was progress
And that was bullshit, I mean your life is full of turmoil
Spoiled by fantasies of who you are, I feel bad for you
I can attempt to enlighten you without frightenin' you
If you resist, I'll back off quick, go catch a flight or two
But if you pick destiny over rest in peace then be an advocate
Tell your homies especially to come back home"

FZZ

Banned
Kanye having a mental breakdown on Twitter with this Zuckerburg stuff :[

I read it and felt really sad

But then I reread and realized he just wants investors and is just looking like a fool

Overall I don't feel as bad as I did in the beginning, but I still do think he needs better help psychologically than he is getting.

Koozek

Yooo, just read it. Man, I don't even know if it's funny anymore. It's at a point where it's getting uncomfortable to watch. Really seems like he has mental issues and wrong medication.

OG Kush

Yo... Rhymefest was right. Kanye fully lost the plot now. Sad to see. And also, how did he amass $53 million in personal debt?

FZZ

Banned
Not a problem if you make 20 million a year. It's not as bad as it sounds.

Thing is $14 million is gonna need to be paid off yearly if he doesn't want serious interest accruing

Yo... Rhymefest was right. Kanye fully lost the plot now. Sad to see. And also, how did he amass $53 million in personal debt?

Trying to break into the fashion industry alone with no guidance or help, and doing everything out of pocket.

Syntsui

Not a problem if you make 20 million a year. It's not as bad as it sounds.

That's a big problem if you only make 20 million a year. Even more of a problem considering his lifestyle and it's costs.

Edit: Wow, I'm really surprised with how much press Kendrick is getting in my country because of the Grammy. I know this should be natural considering he is leading the nominations and I'm happy he is getting so much recognition for all he did last year. I hope he gets more fans here, he is not really known in Brazil at the moment.

FZZ

Banned
oh and Kanye been like this

SNEY1AL.jpg

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Des can tell you, you got a little crazy after having kids. ...at least I'm hoping that's all this is. Kanye's music may suck now, but he's still good for the industry. I want him to have a long, Bob Dylan-esque career and not flame out, grow a nasty beard and retire to the Hills. We already got Rubin for that.

It's clear Kanye is doing a lot of coke and probably zans. The album is quite manic which works to me given that Kanye is manic. It's a glimpse at his mental state. Beautiful, artistic...but really troubled.

And while I really like the album there's a part of me that wonders...if Kanye was in a right state of mind would he have featured a Future rip off so prominently on his album? Would Kanye have allowed Tidal to fuck up his release? Would Kanye have given that weird SNL performance (compare it to the Yeezus one, for instance)? etc.

OG Kush

It's clear Kanye is doing a lot of coke and probably zans. The album is quite manic which works to me given that Kanye is manic. It's a glimpse at his mental state. Beautiful, artistic...but really troubled.

And while I really like the album there's a part of me that wonders...if Kanye was in a right state of mind would he have featured a Future rip off so prominently on his album? Would Kanye have allowed Tidal to fuck up his release? Would Kanye have given that weird SNL performance (compare it to the Yeezus one, for instance)? etc.

Not even just featuring him, he took a song Desiigner released 2 months ago and basically just put the song straight on his album! Kanye added his beginning verse/beat and then a few adlibs. Really weird to see.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Debt is almost certainly from the fashion ventures if it's true. Remember years ago he was talking about the millions he spent on flights going back and forth between Europe and America? Think about the amount of failed collections alone he probably had to put money up for.

The failed fashion attempts and luxury spending come to mind, but Kanye also seems like the type of person who would get tricked into sinking money into a variety of bad investments; some fashion based, some not.

I'd imagine some of the alleged tension between Jay and Kanye now is due to these bad business/spending decisions. Or maybe not, given Kanye's unending support for Tidal. Who knows what's going on.

Being married to a Kardashian doesn't help.

Lowkey, I think I fuck with DJ Khaled and that MMG sound more than any other producer over the last few years. Whens the last time Khal made a whack beat?

Jay Elect has a dope voice but that's it. He doesn't belong in what I deem the post-lyrical miracle world of hip hop. And neither does Kendrick TBH.

It's all about vibes and melody now, like jazz. That's why Thug is so ahead of his peers IMO. And why Kanye's album is so amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom