• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXV| Afterlife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

Jay Elect has a dope voice but that's it. He doesn't belong in what I deem the post-lyrical miracle world of hip hop. And neither does Kendrick TBH.

It's all about vibes and melody now, like jazz. That's why Thug is so ahead of his peers IMO. And why Kanye's album is so amazing.

Agreed. And this comes from someone who's loved dusty Lyrical Miracle for most of his youth, but I just can't stand it anymore. Too corny. I can still listen to older albums that I'm nostalgic about or where it just fits the context and era it was made in.

Regarding Kendrick: I wouldn't go that far. I appreciate what he's doing and he actually can strike a good balance at times, but I definitely hate that one Rapiddy Rap flow he does on some features and verses.

IrishNinja

A concussion doctor.

The bottom of a dumpster

savages

We all drop our standards for quality when it comes to our faves; I look forward to your impressions in a few weeks when the dust has settled even though in this thread it never stops settling with these Irish posts

i see you yung nibels
takin shots at the gawd just trynna give his impressions on these keith murray & bahamadia joints

Koozek

aqRA6d7.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Didn't Lupe say that shit years ago then went all up on Hot97 reciting The Blanguage?

that soundcloud + band camp wave

DominoKid

The failed fashion attempts and luxury spending come to mind, but Kanye also seems like the type of person who would get tricked into sinking money into a variety of bad investments; some fashion based, some not.

I'd imagine some of the alleged tension between Jay and Kanye now is due to these bad business/spending decisions. Or maybe not, given Kanye's unending support for Tidal. Who knows what's going on.

Being married to a Kardashian doesn't help.

i think folks really read too much into Jay/Ye tension. they don't have to walk in lockstep to still rock with each other.

FZZ

Banned
Someone leaked uber everywhere and now Travis doesn't wanna drop anything

Was gonna drop four joints Thursday

Damn

edit: lmao he changed his mind, they're coming out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom