• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koozek

a0007603251_16.jpg

Flames, flames, flames, flames
Don't link your images, brehs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finally got around to watching Chance and Tribe's performances at the Grammys and the first season of Mad Men so

ZXbJYL4uVTQj.jpg

I'm proud of hip-hop brehs. Tribe prob with their best TV performance of We The People yet with powerful imagery and messages in tow. Chance with pretty much the best and longest running streak of amazing TV performances that I can remember. Seriously, the degree to which Chance dominated 2016 on all levels is absurd.

Also, Nav X Weeknd coming on Nav's first project which should be out in the next two weeks.

Dereck

O.G. kush, I get your O.G. booked, Roley took, homie look
Niggas quote me like the Holy book
Bitches blow me while the cheese and macaroni cook

5m2yDCI.png

Helmholtz

Excellent. I think he oversaturated it a bit last year with so many releases, but I feel like it's been a little while since his last substantial release now. I thought Purple Reign was underrated, really good tape, fucking loooove the title track. EVOL wasn't the best.
Poppin Tags is so good though, if that's a sign of what we can expect here I'm hyped.

Koozek

O.G. kush, I get your O.G. booked, Roley took, homie look
Niggas quote me like the Holy book
Bitches blow me while the cheese and macaroni cook

5m2yDCI.png
tumblr_nx82tmcRvF1u1y9ruo1_400.gif

Excellent. I think he oversaturated it a bit last year with so many releases, but I feel like it's been a little while since his last substantial release now. I thought Purple Reign was underrated, really good tape, fucking loooove the title track. EVOL wasn't the best.
Poppin Tags is so good though, if that's a sign of what we can expect here I'm hyped.
Yeah, been bumping PR a lot.

I'm proud of hip-hop brehs. Tribe prob with their best TV performance of We The People yet with powerful imagery and messages in tow. Chance with pretty much the best and longest running streak of amazing TV performances that I can remember. Seriously, the degree to which Chance dominated 2016 on all levels is absurd.

Bless up.

Koozek

Eni3Hqr.gif

Koozek

I've concluded that not only is Coloring Book not good, it's trash.

Didn't think it was possible to dislike a chance project more than Social Experiment but ya prolly go back to like 3...maybe 4 tracks...but that's a reach, between BOTH of these albums.

Good for chance tho.

Coloring Book I listened to once and pretty much forgot it exists.
Huh. I really like it. Still listening to every once in a while. The religious stuff can get corny, but it works with his overall sound. Production is wavy. No Problem is a hit, Same Drugs is nice, Mixtape has fun Thugga and Yachty verses, Biebz is delivering again on Juke Jam, How Great has a dope Jay Elec verse.

Chance sold the fuck out.

I don't know how to describe it but Chance basically smoothed out his edges and became this wholesome Christian boy making palatable rap for the whitest of white people. I don't know if that's even true or not considering "Coloring Book" had some awful mixing in the copy I have, but it certainly feels like Chance lost the edge he had when "Acid Rap" dropped. That combined with his ads for Kit-Kat and Grammy ads just make it seem like he changed himself to win.

Maybe this is just who he always was, but I don't think so.

LionPride

Banned

I don't know how to describe it but Chance basically smoothed out his edges and became this wholesome Christian boy making palatable rap for the whitest of white people. I don't know if that's even true or not considering "Coloring Book" had some awful mixing in the copy I have, but it certainly feels like Chance lost the edge he had when "Acid Rap" dropped. That combined with his ads for Kit-Kat and Grammy ads just make it seem like he changed himself to win.

Or maybe the nigga actually changed, and started doing ads because I dunno he got mainstream recognition

Just a thought

I also hated Chance because I could not stand Acid Rap, I'm happy he came out with a good quality project

Reckoner

I wish I could go to one of his events, but I'd imagine trying to get NYFW tickets to a Kanye West showing must be damn near impossible.

Is it confirmed he'll live stream it on Tidal like he did that past 4 seasons?

*goes to KTT*

Dunno the source of the image though?

From a quick search, there's no info on live streaming yet.

Yeah it's just a rumor with no clear source, besides a leaked season 5 design with Lost Hills written on it.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.

I don't buy this at all.

HiResDes

Or maybe the nigga actually changed, and started doing ads because I dunno he got mainstream recognition

Just a thought

I also hated Chance because I could not stand Acid Rap, I'm happy he came out with a good quality project
But Acid Rap was a much better project lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom