• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonkid

Yeah I don't share the hype for Prima Donna either. If Norf Norf doesn't do much I'd suggest trying Senorita, especially with the mv.

Definitely don't start with Prima Donna probably his most overrated project as a whole. And definitely check out Stolen Youth early.
Really?

I don't know if it'll change your opinion or not, but I was ranking based on accessibility. Both "Prima Donna" and "Hell Can Wait" feature Vince in a variety of atmospheres, while "Summertime" is him in the same general atmosphere with varying beats.

"Summertime" is without a doubt his strongest project, but I don't think its his most accessible.

I'm curious what you guys think of kendrick's verses in bad blood. Personally I thought the reference to backseat freestyle was cute because of the whole taylor swift lip syncing to it in her car thing but idk

That's amazing, I was actually thinking about Redman as I was reading the sentence.

I feel like Red and Meth both handled poppy rap well actually. Ludacris too.

Ross61

They tried to replace Future to his face with a doodle-bob version of himself so I can't complain if he decides he wants to get that crossover money.

HiResDes

Really?

I don't know if it'll change your opinion or not, but I was ranking based on accessibility. Both "Prima Donna" and "Hell Can Wait" feature Vince in a variety of atmospheres, while "Summertime" is him in the same general atmosphere with varying beats.

"Summertime" is without a doubt his strongest project, but I don't think its his most accessible.
I still don't think it's all that accessible kind of a clusterfuck really and not really representative of his work as a whole. Stolen Youth is way better of an entry point.

Bronx-Man

Banned
HOT TAKE ALERT:
The Yachty/CRJ cover of It Takes Two is cool. Not too special, but I wouldn't turn it off if I was hearing it on the radio.

That two-9/key album is okay i guess.eh, nothing really stands out after a couple listens. Some songs felt like a chore to listen to. Can't say that it made want to listen to any of Key's other shit either.

He might've peaked with Crazy Brazy.

The new SiR EP is decent. Off the first couple listens his previous EP was better.

Puberty 2 by Mitski is overrated as fuuuuuuk

HiResDes

That two-9/key album is okay i guess.eh, nothing really stands out after a couple listens. Some songs felt like a chore to listen to. Can't say that it made want to listen to any of Key's other shit either.

He might've peaked with Crazy Brazy.

The new SiR EP is decent. Off the first couple listens his previous EP was better.

Puberty 2 by Mitski is overrated as fuuuuuuk
Crazy Brazy is far from his best song how the hell has he peaked when he just put out a fire EP earlier fuck off with that bullshit when you haven't even checked out any of his solo work.

T Dollarz

TPaB
Summertime 06
Honor Killed the Samurai
I Dont Like Shit
Atrocity Exhibition

Top two are god tier, and the rest are still fucking great.

Bacon

I need to be in an incredibly specific mood for when I listen to IDLS but when i'm in that mood there are just few things that sync up with me better than that album. This morning was the perfect example, woke up at 5 am, it was freezing cold and dark out and IDLS was an amazing album to throw on in my car as I drove to campus.

Cheddahz

Banned
Rate from best to worst

qaZiZJZ.jpg
BWFxtYW.jpg
DUoCJlk.jpg
uzQQvpl.jpg
GBGRXfF.jpg

79d1rZd.png

Summertime '06
I Don't Like Shit, I Don't Go Outside
Honor Killed The Samurai