• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiResDes

New evidence track is dope.

First off I don't care about the album either way. But i would be very surprised if Em also drops this weekend.

Awesome, can't wait to see how he continues to grow. One of my most anticipated projects this year.
Taboo was supposed to be out in April and now he's pushed it back to fall that's pretty fucking wack. At least the new Rob Banks drops tomorrow. C2 was ridiculously underrated not sure why more people don't check for Banks.

HiResDes

The Internet defends him because he fulfills their angsty adolescent desires by rapping in a a screamo voice, beating women and other 120 pound wastemen and writing songs entitled "Broly" and "I Don't Wanna Do This Anymore" Oh and dude looks like a failed fusion of SSJ Goku and Eric Andre. He is the avatar for the disgruntled emo vagrants of modernity who had too good of a youth to truly feel marginalized and thus feel the need to manufacture adversity.

Koozek

Then why are talking about dudes you know nothing about?
I mean, the first time I brought them up was literally me saying that I don't have a clue. I only responded to you guys. This is the first time I've even seen those two names since 2008, lol.

Dereck

The Internet defends him because he fulfills their angsty adolescent desires by rapping in a a screamo voice, beating women and other 120 pound wastemen and writing songs entitled "Broly" and "I Don't Wanna Do This Anymore" Oh and dude looks like a failed fusion of SSJ Goku and Eric Andre

Drake allegedly biting his not unique style is the only reason I know who he is; I doubt I'm alone on that either. Not surprising he can't keep Drake out of his mouth.
zTa0NdG.png

Nibel

The Internet defends him because he fulfills their angsty adolescent desires by rapping in a a screamo voice, beating women and other 120 pound wastemen and writing songs entitled "Broly" and "I Don't Wanna Do This Anymore" Oh and dude looks like a failed fusion of SSJ Goku and Eric Andre

"Failed fusion of SSJ Goku and Eric Andre"
deadylrf3.png

Bronx-Man

Banned
The Internet defends him because he fulfills their angsty adolescent desires by rapping in a a screamo voice, beating women and other 120 pound wastemen and writing songs entitled "Broly" and "I Don't Wanna Do This Anymore" Oh and dude looks like a failed fusion of SSJ Goku and Eric Andre. He is the avatar for the disgruntled emo vagrants of modernity who had too good of a youth to truly feel marginalized and thus feel the need to manufacture adversity.
damn.png
damn.png
damn.png

HiiiLife

Lol

The Huey Freeman quote is perfect. Forgot he even said that.

Question about this last part I bolded. You don't feel similar about artist like lil Tracy, lil pump, smokepurp and etc? I've always kinda associated them maybe because my exposure to them happened around the same time but they give me the same vibes he kinda does. They are like SoundCloud Rich Hil

I thought you were describing Eminem for a moment, honestly.

2017 Odd Future Fans

Koozek

Checked out that new Arca (don't really know him outside of 2-3 productions or so - I think on Yeezus and tracks with Azealia Banks? [EDIT: Okay, probably mixed that up]). Damn, that was boring. I don't understand how you could enjoy droning stuff like this at album-length. Maybe if you're high af. Even then it'd probably be boring.

Dereck

Hold tracklist details and iTunes pre-order until the very last second because you can brehs

GySVobc.png

Checked out that new Arca (don't really know him outside of 2-3 productions or so - I think on Yeezus and tracks with Azealia Banks?). Damn, that was boring. I don't understand how you could enjoy droning stuff like this at album-length. Maybe if you're high af. Even then it'd probably be boring.
I would recommend &&&&& for his better work.

kai3345

Banned
the worst part about this xxx dude is that whenever people (rightfully) shit on him, calling him garbage and shit, i always think they're talking about the danny brown album

Big Pun hit his wife with a gun and was violent to her in general.

Dr. Dre hit several women/girlfriends.

Chris Brown.

Max B and Gucci killed someone.

Just a few examples.

Did you skip Waves on TLOP? Or any Dre-produced Kendrick track? You haven't bumped Gucci tracks since he's been out?

You're all hypocrits.

At least all those artists are dope (except Chris Brown). If you're gonna be problematic at least be talented. X is trash and his fans are trash.

LionPride

Banned
Big Pun hit his wife with a gun and was violent to her in general.

Dr. Dre hit several women/girlfriends.

Chris Brown.

Max B and Gucci killed someone.

Just a few examples.

Did you skip Waves on TLOP? Or any Dre-produced Kendrick track? You haven't bumped Gucci tracks since he's been out?

You're all hypocrits.
I've already talked about how I honestly don't care as much about a murder than crimes such as beating a woman or rape.

Fuck Dre and Breezy. I'm a self admitted hypocrite, I don't listen to they music really.

And if you really wanna call people out, using a man who beat up his girlfriend and beat up a gay inmate for looking at him and proceeding to smear the blood on himself like he was Brock Lesnar isn't the way to go

Koozek

Oh, so beating up your pregnant girlfriend would be okay if you dropped a hot mixtape.

Brehs. Either you go all the way when seperating art from artist or you don't listen to anyone you heard doing something criminal ever again. Otherwise it just makes you look like a hypocrit when you try to justify the morality with the quality of the art.

I've already talked about how I honestly don't care as much about a murder than crimes such as beating a woman or rape.

Fuck Dre and Breezy. I'm a self admitted hypocrite, I don't listen to they music really.

And if you really wanna call people out, using a man who beat up his girlfriend and beat up a gay inmate for looking at him and proceeding to smear the blood on himself like he was Brock Lesnar isn't the way to go
Yo. Frfr?

LionPride

Banned
Oh, so beating up your pregnant girlfriend would be okay if you dropped a hot mixtape.

Brehs. Either you go all the way when seperating art from artist or you don't listen to anyone you heard doing something criminal ever again. Otherwise it just makes you look like a hypocrit when you try to justify the morality with the quality of the art.

Yo. Frfr?
Yes.

Nigga one person said something like that, like seriously shut the fuck up.

A lot of people are fine being hypocritical as hell, do you know how many people listen to Bowie despite him being problematic as fuck? Miles Davis? James Brown?

People are willing to be hypocrites because they can be

HiiiLife

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills.

I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words.

You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands.

Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue.

But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it.

You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

xFFyc9B.png

Koozek

Yes.

Nigga one person said something like that, like seriously shut the fuck up.

A lot of people are fine being hypocritical as hell, do you know how many people listen to Bowie despite him being problematic as fuck? Miles Davis? James Brown?

People are willing to be hypocrites because they can be
Yeah, everyone is. It's human. I'm a hypocrit in many things. But when it comes to this art/artist thing I personally just decided a few years ago that I separate 100% and I won't even pretend I haven't been and won't be listening to music from fucked-up persons.

Just to be clear, even though it should be obvious, I'm not condoning anything of that vile shit that X motherfucker has done as a person. That's a whole nother story and he should go to jail and be called out for it hard wherever he goes. I also don't have a clue right now what the status of Kodak Black's rape case is... but we all been bumping his new album, anyway, no? His album being better than X's stuff doesn't make his possible actions less disgusting. That selective morality, instead of just admitting you listen to anyone you like no matter what they do in real-life, is hypocritical.

I won't play Dragon Quest XI with sound muted either even though the composer is a piece of shit. Where do you draw the line when a product is made by hundreds of people and you only know of one of them being asshole? It's such a complex topic. See the whole Roman Polanski discussion (still haven't seen any of his movies, though). Maybe I will change my mind on that matter someday. But for now it's like this.

Do I make sense? It's late over here, I'm tired as hell.

Oh, and wait, what did Miles Davis do? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom