• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LionPride

Banned
Yeah, everyone is. It's human. I'm a hypocrit in many things. But when it comes to this art/artist thing I personally just decided a few years ago that I separate 100% and I won't even pretend I haven't been and won't be listening to music from fucked-up persons.

Just to be clear, even though it should be obvious, I'm not condoning anything of that vile shit that X motherfucker has done as a person. That's a whole nother story and he should go to jail and be called out for it hard wherever he goes. I also don't have a clue right now what the status of Kodak Black's rape case is... but we all been bumping his new album, anyway, no? His album being better than X's stuff doesn't make his possible actions less disgusting. That selective morality, instead of just admitting you listen to anyone you like no matter what they do in real-life, is hypocritical.

I won't play Dragon Quest XI with sound muted either even though the composer is a piece of shit. Where do you draw the line when a product is made by hundreds of people and you only know of one of them being asshole? It's such a complex topic. See the whole Roman Polanski discussion (still haven't seen any of his movies, though). Maybe I will change my mind on that matter someday. But for now it's like this.

Do I make sense? It's late over here, I'm tired as hell.

Oh, and wait, what did Miles Davis do? :/
Miles Davis beat Nina Simone

I have not listened to Kodak, now most of that has to do with him not being good but still.

My ability to listen to something begins at the top, if one of your 20 producers is a shitheel, not gonna care as much as if it was your lead actor. If an extra is a terrible person, not gonna care as much as I would if it was lead writer.

Bacon

Didn't we know the name To Pimp A Butterfly a few days before that album dropped? Feels like we know jack shit about this one.

Composers from Reddit
If you preorder the album on iTunes and click "Show Complete Album", you can view the composer info for each track, listed as follows.
Track 1: K. Duckworth, D. Tannenbaum & Anthony Tiffith
Track 2: K. Duckworth & M. Williams II
Track 3: K. Duckworth, M. Spears, D. Natche & Anthony Tiffith
Track 4: K. Duckworth, M. Spears, J. Blake & R Riera
Track 5: K. Duckworth & M. Spears
Track 6: K. Duckworth, D. Natche, M. Spears, Anthony Tiffith & T. Martin
Track 7: K. Duckworth, S. Lacy, A. Wise & Anthony Tiffith
Humble: K. Duckworth & M. Williams II
Track 9: K. Duckworth, D. Natche, M. Spears, C. Hansen, A. Sowinski, M Tavares & L. Whitty
Track 10: K. Duckworth, Z. Pacaldo, T. Walton, M. Spears, G. Kurstin & Anthony Tiffith
Track 11: K. Duckworth, M. Williams II, D. Natche, M. Spears, Anthony Tiffith, P. Hewson, D. Evans, A. Clayton & L. Mullen
Track 12: K. Duckworth & D. Maman
Track 13: K. Duckworth, R Riera, M. Spears, D. Natche, D. Tannenbaum, Anthony Tiffith & R. LaTour
Track 14: K. Duckworth & P. Douthit
Note: All of these are like the artist's legal names. One easily recognizable one is Steve Lacy.

That is a lot of Dahi(Natche), James Blake there too.

hype

Dereck

did ktt explode yet
kBnA3Lh.png

j17a381s_eampa7_6o9pb7.png

That is a lot of Dahi(Natche), James Blake there too.

hype

from that same reddit thread here (this is composer info with their performer names)

01 Untitled (Prod. by Rahki)
02 Untitled (Prod. by MikeWillMadeIt)
03 Untitled (Prod. by Sounwave & DJ Dahi)
04 Untitled (ft. James Blake) (Prod. by Sounwave & Ricci Riera)
05 Untitled (Prod. by Sounwave)
06 Untitled (Prod. by Sounwave, DJ Dahi & Terrace Martin)
07 Untitled (ft. Anna Wise) (Prod. by Steve Lacy)
08 HUMBLE. (Prod. by MikeWillMadeIt)
09 Untitled (Prod. by BADBADNOTGOOD, Sounwave, & DJ Dahi)
10 Untitled (Prod. by Sounwave)
11 Untitled (ft. U2) (Prod. by Sounwave, MikeWillMadeIt, & DJ Dahi)
12 Untitled (Prod. by The Alchemist)
13 Untitled (Prod. by Cardo, Sounwave, DJ Dahi, Ricci Riera, & Rahki)
14 Untitled (Prod. by 9th Wonder)

Trash confirmed.

Is U2 worth checking out? Never got into them.

from that same reddit thread here (this is composer info with their performer names)

01 Untitled (Prod. by Rahki)
02 Untitled (Prod. by MikeWillMadeIt)
03 Untitled (Prod. by Sounwave & DJ Dahi)
04 Untitled (ft. James Blake) (Prod. by Sounwave & Ricci Riera)
05 Untitled (Prod. by Sounwave)
06 Untitled (Prod. by Sounwave, DJ Dahi & Terrace Martin)
07 Untitled (ft. Anna Wise) (Prod. by Steve Lacy)
08 HUMBLE. (Prod. by MikeWillMadeIt)
09 Untitled (Prod. by BADBADNOTGOOD, Sounwave, & DJ Dahi)
10 Untitled (Prod. by Sounwave)
11 Untitled (ft. U2) (Prod. by Sounwave, MikeWillMadeIt, & DJ Dahi)
12 Untitled (Prod. by The Alchemist)
13 Untitled (Prod. by Cardo, Sounwave, DJ Dahi, Ricci Riera, & Rahki)
14 Untitled (Prod. by 9th Wonder)

9th Wonder, whew.

overcast

I don't believe the feature list quite yet.

Michael Jackson was credited as a songwriter on King Kunta because Kendrick says "Annie are you okay?"

Could be a number of things so we'll see.

U2 is great up to the early 90s. I don't really see any of their tracks working for rap samples though, maybe guitar or some shit. lol this will be weird.

HiiiLife

U2 is great up to the early 90s. I don't really see any of their tracks working for rap samples though, maybe guitar or some shit. lol this will be weird.

Weird was my first impression listening to tpab and that was divisive enough. If they got U2 on it all hope is lost for TDE

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Saw Run the Jewels live yesterday and it was amazing. Everyone came to party and jumped around like a madman. Broke my glasses, worth it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Broke ur glasses? Shit lol

fun stuff tho ya went to one of those and people were in to it

I normally put it away but I forgot. Second song in some guy knocked it off, fell in the crowd so it was gone. Found it later, one glass out :p Needed a new pair anyway, don't mind

But it was crazy, one of the most energetic shows I've been to

First post here. Just wanted to say, I don't like how Drake rhymes "bigger" with "n***a" in one of his newer songs (can't remember the title). They don't rhyme!

Grakl

First post here. Just wanted to say, I don't like how Drake rhymes "bigger" with "n***a" in one of his newer songs (can't remember the title). They don't rhyme!
Lol

I normally put it away but I forgot. Second song in some guy knocked it off, fell in the crowd so it was gone. Found it later, one glass out :p Needed a new pair anyway, don't mind

But it was crazy, one of the most energetic shows I've been to
What venue? Went to one of their shows in Boston and yeah crazy af

Listened to GKMC and TPAB and then read both of their lyrics without the music.
Gotta say that I'm not that impressed with GKMC lyrically/rapping wise anymore aside from a few songs/moments, but TPAB? Man Kendrick is spitting/writing so well on TPAB, incredible evolution from GKMC to that project.

After I listen to them again I want to write more on that.

Koozek

The Get Down season 2 is out on Netflix!

L
O
L

EDIT: Just checked. How does it not rhyme!? oO Are you the type of people who doesn't understand what assonance is and comments under Rap videos if two words in a rhyme don't end on the exact same syllable? :D

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Belly - Glorious.

A$AP Ferg ft. Remy Ma - East Coast. His new single. Apparently he's working on his next album in Liberia?

Kap G ft. Chris Brown - I See You. Sounds like an alternate universe You Remind Me.

Tish Hyman ft. Ty Dolla $ign & Def Loaf - What It Feels Like. Bangs.

Gorillaz ft. Pusha T & Mavis Staples - Let Me Out.

French Montana ft. Future - No Pressure.
French Montana ft. Swae Lee - Unforgettable. Both of these are catchy because the features delivered, especially Swae Lee. Apparently he dropped these to take attention away from this tweet.

Also that Logic diss track kind of goes.

The Internet defends him because he fulfills their angsty adolescent desires by rapping in a a screamo voice, beating women and other 120 pound wastemen and writing songs entitled "Broly" and "I Don't Wanna Do This Anymore" Oh and dude looks like a failed fusion of SSJ Goku and Eric Andre. He is the avatar for the disgruntled emo vagrants of modernity who had too good of a youth to truly feel marginalized and thus feel the need to manufacture adversity.
Quoting for facts. Don't forget that a large part of it is just looking for reasons to shit on Drake.

Tempered excitement.. Kind of looks cheap. Maino playing a thug, sounds about right.

The Get Down season 2 is out on Netflix!
Oh shit I forgot about this. The most stylish show on TV returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom