• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

riotous

Banned
People aren't going to stop typing "whew" all the time are they? I'm just gonna have to learn to live with it?

Don't know why but it annoys me lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Listening again, I love All-AmeriKKKan Bada$$. Manages to do the soulful urban sound that's been popping lately without biting TPaB like a lot of albums have lately with all the jazzfunk instrumentals. Good Morning AmeriKKKa's a great opener, reminds me of the self-titled from Joh Legend & The Roots' "Wake Up!"
Completely agree. The album starts playing in my recently added and because the intro is so good I end up listening several songs in even though I told myself mentally I need to change the song to something else before it starts going through albums.

Album was a real surprise to me TBH.

People aren't going to stop typing "whew" all the time are they? I'm just gonna have to learn to live with it?

Don't know why but it annoys me lol
skrt skrrt

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ITT wastemen who were never gang gang

i pree the whole thing

mandem better watch how y'all speak on my name or y'all will get the DUNANA DUNA

grrrrraah git git

7MG8k_f-maxage-0.gif

I dated this black girl once who tried to bait me into saying whew by giving me an implied pass and of course I fucking wouldn't. It's not that hard just not to use the damn word.

I dated this black girl once who tried to bait me into saying whew by giving me an implied pass and of course I fucking wouldn't. It's not that hard just not to use the damn word.

It's not that hard to not say it, my nuh. Like, why do you want to say it so bad?

Say it next to me, even in reaction to something dope, and watch how you catch these hands.

fixed ayyy

unruly

MADDAS

drake2.gif

Portland is one of the songs of the summer. Drake always comes through with that at least, even if his albums have gotten shittier lately.

he's gotten more popular than ever but his peak quality was 2012. Take Care, Stay Schemin, No Lie..WHEW. but now he's a false 6god.

HiiiLife

drake2.gif

Portland is one of the songs of the summer. Drake always comes through with that at least, even if his albums have gotten shittier lately.

he's gotten more popular than ever but his peak quality was 2012. Take Care, Stay Schemin, No Lie..WHEW. but now he's a false 6god.

No lies detected. 2011-2013 was peak drake solely for 5am in Toronto. The feature god too.

Numb

Icolin

Banned
IyRtitl is def in his top 3 with SFG and TC. But 2011 was so good. I'm on one was ridiculous for radio play.

Even the loosies like Club Paradise, Dreams Money Can Buy, etc were dope, and Take Care is definitely Drake's masterpiece. The overall production on Take Care is top 5 of all time. Balee dat.

2011 was pretty much the year of Drake and The Weeknd for me. (Only came around on liking stuff such as The King of Limbs, Watch The Throne and Nostalgia Ultra a couple years later, wasn't hot on them initially)

Even the loosies like Club Paradise, Dreams Money Can Buy, etc were dope, and Take Care is a masterpiece.

2011 was pretty much the year of Drake and The Weeknd for me. (Only came around on liking stuff such as The King of Limbs, Watch The Throne and Nostalgia Ultra a couple years later, wasn't hot on them initially)
Dreams Money Can Buy sampled the only Jai Paul available at the time.

Jai please come back.

Please ;_:

Icolin

Banned
Dreams Money Can Buy sampled the only Jai Paul available at the time.

Jai please come back.

Please ;_:

Any sightings of him lately? Last time I heard anything about him was when he was with Miguel in the studio.

Still listening to his leaked album to this day, of course.

HiiiLife

Even the loosies like Club Paradise, Dreams Money Can Buy, etc were dope, and Take Care is definitely Drake's masterpiece. The overall production on Take Care is top 5 of all time. Balee dat.

That House of Balloons and take care basically took over my stereo for that year. Good times. Lord Knows instrumental still Goat

Exodust

Banned
Who's gonna be the first rapper to use a sample from Steven Universe?

Get on this shit brehs, sound design on that show impeccable

It seems like most rappers who would are all about that Superior Japanese StorytellingTM.

What I'm saying is they're weeaboos.

Icolin

Banned
That House of Balloons and take care basically took over my stereo for that year. Good times. Lord Knows instrumental still Goat

That Just Blaze watermark, that Ricky Rozay verse... W H E W

2011 was a dope ass year. Senior year freedom, Drake and The Weeknd music dropping HEAT constantly, Watch the Throne hype threads on KTT, going to Coachella with my good friends and seeing Kanye kill it (Arcade Fire and The National were dope as well obviously), my 2nd favorite movie of all time releasing (Tree of Life), the Vancouver Whitecaps playing their first year in Major League Soccer, and the Vancouver Canucks' cup run.

Goddamn.

If only the Canucks won the cup.

This Kweku Collins EP starts with a similar vibe to Isaiah Rashad's Sun's Tirade before slipping back into that more melodic atmospheric stuff I was expecting. I might like this even more than the last one maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom