• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that Jay line about giving a million dollars worth of game for 9.99 but Starlito been said that exact same thing(1.49) and actually doing it for quite awhile

Saturation 2 dropping next month
DD_5xOMXUAMGk7J.jpg

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I like his Bounce Back song ¯_(ツ)_/¯
I can't believe people here are saying "I Decided." Was the worst thing they listened to all year.

I put myself through "Teenage Emotions" only to find nothing worthy of redemption in that whole package. At least "I Decided" had "Bounce Back."
I knew I wouldn't like Teenage Emotions, so I didn't even bother trying to listen to it tbh.

are yall serious with the harry styles praise? album was fucking ass yo. The whole thing sounds like a 60s/70s tribute band that tried to make their own songs.

I like 60/70s music so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

HiResDes

Man I went back to A New Life and as good as Memoirs of a Reaper I really think the consensus that its superior is insane. A New Life is just anthem after anthem, bop after bop.

Koozek

Man I went back to A New Life and as good as Memoirs of a Reaper I really think the consensus that its superior is insane. A New Life is just anthem after anthem, bop after bop.
Yeah, I like it too, but I wouldn't say it's better than A New Life, which was Top 3 last year for me, either.

Bronx-Man

Banned
I'm gonna be honest, I never got the hype behind Odd Future. I liked The Internet, Syd, Steve Lacy, Frank, Earl, when they all moved on to their own shit but when they were first together as a group I just didn't get the appeal. Even back in middle school, I thought a bunch of dudes screaming "NIGGERS FAGGOTS RAPE GENOCIDE KILL YOUR PARENTS" was just the most cringeworthy shit imaginable. But I'll give Scum Fuck Flower Boy a chance, even though I really shouldn't after Cherry Bomb.

Oh shit!

Icolin

Banned
Some tracklist floating around said "Issa" the album doesn't have "Issa" the song.

What the hell?

That's a bummer if that's true, but I'm fine regardless. 21 Savage over production by Metro Boomin, Zaytoven, Pi'erre Bourne, Southside, Wheezy and DJ Mustard? Guaranteed flames.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
It's solid. Catchy as hell, and the beats bang.

Also friendly reminder that 21 Savage's album comes out tomorrow.

Magnolia and Other Shit is great.

Honestly, you don't listen to albums like this for the rapping but for the production. And the production is great.

I've got an hour and a half drive tomorrow, and listening to music is the best way to past the time.

Vorheez

Man some of this 21 is fuckin wack so far. What's with all this auto tune shit and r&b nonsense? Stay in your lane breh, goddamn. Your biggest track was No Heart for a reason. People want that SAVAGE music (it's your name for christ sake), not sensitive "boo boo teddy bear amber rose is my bae" music. They want to hear that dark hood trap grimy dirty shit, that shit that makes the hair on the back of you neck stand up, and that's what they expect for the price of admission on this album. All this other garbage he is trying on this album is just 2nd and 3rd rate trash compared to all the artists he is trying to compete with. Like, Facetime? Really breh? Kill yourself that shit is terrible

Icolin

Banned
I think it's pretty good actually. Production is HEAT.

But yeah, it needed more of that signature 21 Savage sound for sure.

Courage

Man some of this 21 is fuckin wack so far. What's with all this auto tune shit and r&b nonsense? Stay in your lane breh, goddamn. Your biggest track was No Heart for a reason. People want that SAVAGE music (it's your name for christ sake), not sensitive "boo boo teddy bear amber rose is my bae" music. They want to hear that dark hood trap grimy dirty shit, that shit that makes the hair on the back of you neck stand up, and that's what they expect for the price of admission on this album. All this other garbage he is trying on this album is just 2nd and 3rd rate trash compared to all the artists he is trying to compete with. Like, Facetime? Really breh? Kill yourself that shit is terrible

whew

Vorheez

I think it's pretty good actually. Production is HEAT.
Production is fine, but I'm not paying to hear the production, I'm paying to hear 21. There are enough great beats and production in all avenues of music to last me a lifetime, but there is only one 21 savage. He offered a sound (a product, really) that was different from his contemporaries (even if it is a marginal difference, it's still different) and it made him appealing to listen to. He seems to abandon his own identity on this album and I feel like I'm listening to a different artist than what I expected from 21. Disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom