• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninja Dom

Completely never knew that this came out. YSL's Lil Duke, Life In The Hills.

If you're into Young Thug then this is produced by Thugga's producers Weezy & Goose. His mixtape last year (Uber) was definitely one of my favourite albums that year.

DatPiff link

PBY

Banned
Completely never knew that this came out. YSL's Lil Duke, Life In The Hills.

If you're into Young Thug then this is produced by Thugga's producers Weezy & Goose. His mixtape last year (Uber) was definitely one of my favourite albums that year.

DatPiff link

Shit I thought I was the only person who listened to Uber. Wack cover art, and out of nowhere, it SLAPPED. Thanks for posting.

Nibel

NEW HAMZA COMING 7.7.17 BLESS UP

rkbmb9K.png

New French Montana album on July 14[/B], this isn't the cancelled one that he was supposed to release with Harry Fraud. I'm still waiting for that.
You mean the one that was supposed to come out, got leaked months before release date, got cancelled, then released anyway as a mixtape? It's out

Edit: Harry Fraud just one of them dudes you can't release a major album with. Too many samples this day and age and French don't have to star power to do it sadly. If he was out here selling millions of records I could see it happening but yeah from what I remember correctly Harry Fraud had creative control over French last album which is his best in years imo

MC4 was a good album and I still go back to it. Not as good as the MC4 Appetizer EP, but still fun. If this new album is as good as MC4, I'll be happy.

Hey all

I was wondering if you could give me some good suggestions on some real high energy hip hop. I love RTJ so something like that would be great. Thanks for any advice.

HiResDes

Hey all

I was wondering if you could give me some good suggestions on some real high energy hip hop. I love RTJ so something like that would be great. Thanks for any advice.
Brockhampton, A7PHA maybe, Maxo Kream, Denzel Curry, Czarface maybe, Danny Brown, Kimba Negus, Kembe X, Skepta, injury reserve

I know Starlito typically doesn't have this many features on his albums but I'm really loving the synergy between them and he sounds so much more lively on this album!

Sorry for double post just going through yalls top 5. Was no one feeling big Sean's album or y'all forgot it was this year? It was pretty great

HiResDes

I think the biggest tragedy of the year has to be the mixing on Rosebud's Revenge, as I feel it really tarnished everyone's outlook on what was an otherwise stellar album. I'm used to dogshit mastering and mixing as I'm a former Blu stan so I still hold it in high regard up there but just under Reloaded and Marcberg.

I think the biggest tragedy of the year has to be the mixing on Rosebud's Revenge, as I feel it really tarnished everyone's outlook on what was an otherwise stellar album. I'm used to dogshit mastering and mixing as I'm a former Blu stan so I still hold it in high regard up there but just under Reloaded and Marcberg.

Seriously. The album has sound quality like a 2005 mixtape.

I can't believe people here are saying "I Decided." Was the worst thing they listened to all year.

I put myself through "Teenage Emotions" only to find nothing worthy of redemption in that whole package. At least "I Decided" had "Bounce Back."

daffy

Banned
so I'm listening to this harry styles ready to clown some gafhop members for even suggesting this foolishness

turns out its a young David Bowie record?

HiResDes

It's okay mentioning Bowie is utter disrespect to me by comparison, but I have made some terrible comparisons myself so what do I know

LionPride

Banned
It's okay mentioning Bowie is utter disrespect to me by comparison, but I have made some terrible comparisons myself so what do I know
Seeing as the album was compared to Bowie or Elton John in terms of style, that comp is only off in terms of quality

But it's a damn good album

I forgot how good Pusha T and Kanye work together.

The credits on "Lunch Money" are just Pusha and Kanye, and for the first beat Kanye must have produced solo in years, it's so good. I really really hope Pusha T manages to get King Push out this year. It's been 2 years since King Push and the fact that it's mostly him, Kanye, and Pharrell working on it has me excited.

Without a doubt, my most anticipated rap album of the year.

T Dollarz

Yeah, I couldn't get into it honestly specifically for that reason. I do a lot of my listening in the whip when commuting, and mixing that bad just sounds ass in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom