• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, in your opinion do we need PS5 Pro?

Is a PS5 Pro necessary?

• Total voters

MacReady13

Look, I'm buying one no questions asked. I love my PS5 and will get the next model no problems at all BUT, Nintendo has continuously proven that you most certainly don't need bleeding edge tech to win at what you are trying to achieve! It gets tiresome saying this but it SHOULD be all about gameplay! Gameplay is king and no matter how superb a game looks, it makes zero difference if it is boring and plays like shit! Many of us don't want to watch a movie instead of PLAYING a game...

Twice more than we needed the PS4 Pro. Back then games were running at 1080p 30fps with good image quality and the pro was for the 10% people who had 4K TVs. Nowadays games are running at 1080p 60fps with bad image quality and 90% of people are playing on 4K TVs.
Where is your stat from? I got my tvs in 2012/2013 or so 1080p, haven't had a need to upgrade. It has more ports than modern tvs, and has composite for my ps2 , as well as 4 hdmi slots , svga, vga, etc... I have no desire to upgrade my tv , as it would make all my retro mini consoles, ps2/wii/ps3 era consoles look like shit. If it's not broke, why replace it.

I don't think most people are buying 4k tvs unless they never got a 1080p set or its for a different room. Unless you are a movie or sports buff, then I don't see normal non gamers going there much at all.
My wife didn't have a 4k tv, we met in 2021. Her parents don't have one, my brother law doesn't. In fact the only person who does is my mom, only becasue her set broke.

Also what is this bad quality image you are talking about?
I play dragons dogma 2 , robocop , BG3, Elden Ring, Stalker trilogy, hogwarts, rise of ronin , and all the ps4 games on my ps5 and they look great at 1080p. No problems there at all.

Lions Gate

if it's a guarantee 60fps machine i don't mind it, don't care about resolution so much just give me buttery smooth 60fps

Top Bottom