• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League : F2P fantasy football 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawk

I only realized today that I think I have the top seed in the Gaming Division already locked up in GJL1 since I own the tiebreakers if it's head-to-head results. Anyways, I still want to win out. If I had started Ray Rice, I would feel more comfortable but I think Peyton and Gronk can get me the points I need. I'll feel bad if Acer and I produce the best two scores of the week though.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
I only realized today that I think I have the top seed in the Gaming Division already locked up in GJL1 since I own the tiebreakers if it's head-to-head results. Anyways, I still want to win out. If I had started Ray Rice, I would feel more comfortable but I think Peyton and Gronk can get me the points I need. I'll feel bad if Acer and I produce the best two scores of the week though.

Oh shit I didn't even realize that lol. Congrats to our Gaming Division winner!

barring adjustments you beat me by 0.3 points.

damnit. if i had started bowe like my gut told me to and ignore his shitty year so far I would've won.

Ah well. congrats. helluva week

Ferny

Boo Rooks, go Me. Gotta lock up that Premier League birth.

Delanie Walker off the waiver wire getting me actual TE points was a nice start to the week.

Sorry man

qCSBEQj.png

Arkos

Edit: OUCH ^^^^^^ and nice to see you Ferny :p

Last Flowers, you going down!!! Please oh please, I just need 7 measly points out of DeAngelo Williams tonight to pull out the win. Oh please.

On a different note, if there is anybody lurking this thread that would like to take over one of our certified AFK teams for the rest of the season, I might have a couple of spots open. We have 2 weeks of regular season and then 3 weeks of playoffs left. You'd be in the loser's bracket of the playoffs and guaranteed a spot in JL2 or more likely JL3, but if you seem legit you can at least get into next season now and beat the crowds next fall (anybody who joins next fall will go into JL3 anyway). And you'd get some experience in GJL. Probably will only keep this offer open for this week, but if you want to give it a shot let us know. Reply or PM me.

Jayhawk

It looks like I'll be losing for the 2nd time this season mainly due to my last-minute decision yesterday to bench Ray Rice. It stings that I'll have the 2nd highest point total this week and lose to the highest point total. Ah well, Acer deserves to win.

Arkos

Goddamnit lol. If I were still doing trophies (sorry folks they need to be pared down big time lol, surprisingly time consuming) I'd get a big ol' "EPIC FAIL" this week. Left two flex players on the bench that would have won me the game. Sub .500 season confirmed :(

Edit: GG flowers, and Jayhawk I don't blame you for benching Ray Rice lol, horrible season for him so far save some good games

I was bored, so I calculated everyone's record if they played every team every week (got the idea from one of the other Fantasy threads):

1. Straw Hat Pirates: 97-24 (9-2), Tiebreaker against Bier
2. Foster, Texian for Bier: 63-58 (9-2)
3. First Name Russell...: 74.5-46.5 (7-4) (tied with Stupendous Men in Week 6), and Tiebreaker against Human
4. Only Human: 68-53 (7-4)
5. Stonking Great Hits: 67-54 (5-6) , Tiebreaker against Peezy
6. United We Run: 85-36 (5-6), Tiebreaker against Stonking
7. Corporate Peezy LLC: 53-68 (5-6), Tiebreaker against United

8. Pondering Deep Thoughts: 67-54 (4-7), AFK this week
9. Stupendous Men: 39.5-81.5 (4-7) (tied with First Name Russell in Week 6)
10. Only Goodell Forgives: 46-75 (4-7)
11. Team Gill: 43-78 (4-7)
12. Oa Green Llamas: 23-98 (3-8) AFK this week

Team Gill seems to have bipolar disorder. He was either in the top or bottom 3 in scoring for 8 out of 11 weeks (with 4 weeks of him having the lowest score). It seems like if he was any more active, he would have the #5 or #6 spot right now, but the weeks where he was AFK killed him. He seems to be back active, but idk if he would even be allowed to go up to JL1 or JL2 because of his AFK history. And after doing the scheduling, I've come to the conclusion that I DO NOT want to play Straw Hat Pirates. Top 3 in scoring in all but four weeks, and in two of those four weeks he was 4th... His team will seriously change how I approach drafts from now on

And the standings are getting crazier and crazier. There are currently a 3 way triangle for the last two spots, not including the 3 people right on our asses. The top 4 spots have been semi-decided, but nothing else is even close to decided after that...

It looks like I'll be losing for the 2nd time this season mainly due to my last-minute decision yesterday to bench Ray Rice. It stings that I'll have the 2nd highest point total this week and lose to the highest point total. Ah well, Acer deserves to win.

Thanks. I'll take the win and the playoff birth.

Peezy, Run and Stonking are all 5-6 fighting for the last 2 playoff spots. All 3 are 1-1 against each other. Stonking beat Peezy. Peezy beat Run and Run beat Stonking. So it'd go to points if they could win out. Run has the lead with 1309. Stonking has 1174 and Peezy has 1067. So barring a complete collapse Run should make the playoffs if he finishes tied.

Would take a miracle(2 of the 3 above losing their last 2 games while winning their last 2)) at 4-7
Gill, Pondering, Stupendous, Goodell.

Straw Hat plays Peezy and Stonking to finish the season. If SH can keep up his massacre of this league there is one of the losses for each of those teams. So if none of the chase teams win their last 2 and Run can with both of his(Bier and Llamas)...there'd be a clear victor in h2h for the last spot: Stonking beat Peezy. But Stonking has to play Russ in week 13 so getting 1 win let alone 2 should be tough. While Peezy plays Pondering in Week 12. Could go either way.

Jayhawk

Haha. Nice to hear that I have influenced your future draft strategies, youngplaya21. My goal this year heading into the draft was to win QB, WR, TE, and DEF point battles on a weekly basis once I figured that I would be losing the RB point battle most weeks with a late pick. The 0.5 PPR rule really put Megatron high on my list, so I was very happy to draft him.

EDIT: Based on my draft strategy, I was afraid of Stonking Great Hits' team after the draft. Brady, Peterson, Graham, and the 49ers DEF coming into the season made me think that if he found the right mid-tier WRs every week, he would be set.

Anyways, your calculations seem to show that United We Run is unluckier than the rest of us and should have 8 wins. Bier also seems to have been lucky with his schedule.

Arkos

Team GiLL isn't playing anymore, it's like 3 weeks in a row. I think his sporadic awesomeness could have just been luck, haven't checked

Edit: also thank you for proving that I suck either way :p

Edit 2: if any AFK people have a legit reason that's cool, but srsly I think gills like 3 weeks in a row now

Arkos

An AFK update.

If you have any ideas about how to deal with or prevent AFK's, I'd appreciate the input. I'm going to do a final round of emails, but it's not practical for me to have to chase people down to make them play. Is 3 AFK's and you're out a good/fair/reasonable policy?

(Again, AFK's are considered playing somebody who is on bye or inactive, otherwise I just assume it was a bad lineup move)

I've been keeping up with AFK's since week 4. I don't know if everybody played before that or if I just wasn't keeping track yet, but I'll go with the data that I have (so weeks 1-3 are a pass). Here are some statistics/facts:

• People with 3+ AFK's:
    JL1 GiLL (4), Llamas (3)
    JL2 Team D (5), Team Eric y (5), Blue Bombers (4)
    JL3 TSF (6), password is taco (3), Anthrax (3)

• People with 2 AFK's:
    JL1 Ponder
    JL2 Nobody? I need to check your name changes.
    JL3 Cooks, Deimon (1.5, the first one was a reasonable one, but he was AFK again in wk10)

• Last time everybody played in a week:
    JL1 Week 9
    JL2 Week 6
    JL3 Week 6

• Average AFK's per week
    JL1 1.375
    JL2 2.125
    JL3 1.875

• People AFK this past week
    JL1 Ponder (2nd), Llamas (3rd)
    JL2 Team D (5th), Doof (?), Team Eric y (5th)
    JL3 TSF (6th), Anthrax (3rd)

On that note, I will be contacting JL2 members to clear up your name changes, but even given the name changes I don't think anybody will be over 2 AFK's, I just wanna make sure I'm keeping track of everybody.

But seriously, these AFK stats could be way worse! I think we're doing a pretty good job, hopefully we can do an even better job in the future, so let us know if you have any ideas about how to improve retention, etc. GG GJL, I'll see you in JL3 :(

I've definitely had an afk a couple of weeks ago. Worked probably 75 hours that week and thought I set my lineup on Saturday but apparently I hadn't.

I've definitely had an afk a couple of weeks ago. Worked probably 75 hours that week and thought I set my lineup on Saturday but apparently I hadn't.

Were you the one starting D. Murray when he was out for 2 weeks in a row? You definitely had options cuz you had Lynch in the Flex spot. Horrible managing.

Vyer

Team GiLL isn't playing anymore, it's like 3 weeks in a row. I think his sporadic awesomeness could have just been luck, haven't checked

Edit: also thank you for proving that I suck either way :p

Edit 2: if any AFK people have a legit reason that's cool, but srsly I think gills like 3 weeks in a row now

If he isn't playing anymore, who is changing his lineup?

Jamie OD

Just for the record, my AFK in week 10 was because I have the Patriots Defence and they had a bye week. I don't want to get rid of them.

Jamie OD

If I remember correctly they were still better than any of the remaining defences available. I see that's not the case now but at the time I didn't want to risk it.

Arkos

If he isn't playing anymore, who is changing his lineup?

Lol I don't know but whoever it is is doing a pretty shitty job, what with all the people he's played on bye or while injured. Hopefully he'll come into this thread sometime and do some 'splainin?

We got like 5 teams with AFK this week in JL1. Hopefully that changes by tomorrow.

I know :((( I just set my lineup, so I'm probably one of those 5 (so hopefully 4 now)

Final stretch! Looking for the upset this week. Snagged Alex Smith a few weeks back, we'll see how he does filling in for Wilson. Fingers crossed

Just for the record, my AFK in week 10 was because I have the Patriots Defence and they had a bye week. I don't want to get rid of them.

That's cool, what's your team name? I had the Pats D for a few weeks, they actually did ok fantasy wise lol

Lol I don't know but whoever it is is doing a pretty shitty job, what with all the people he's played on bye or while injured. Hopefully he'll come into this thread sometime and do some 'splainin?

I know :((( I just set my lineup, so I'm probably one of those 5 (so hopefully 4 now)

Final stretch! Looking for the upset this week. Snagged Alex Smith a few weeks back, we'll see how he does filling in for Wilson. Fingers crossed

That's cool, what's your team name? I had the Pats D for a few weeks, they actually did ok fantasy wise lol

Alex Smith has been doing pretty swell for me as a backup in another league.

Team Gill has definitely been changing his lineup for the past few weeks. Dude is rarely on GAF to begin with though...

Arkos

I'm so glad I snapped him up like week 3 so no one else could have him.

Haha this is the main reason that I picked him up other than to have a backup

Team Gill has definitely been changing his lineup for the past few weeks. Dude is rarely on GAF to begin with though...

Well I'll have to check into that, because he's also had AFK's for like 3 weeks in a row if I'm not mistaken. I shall investigate

Arkos

Good God I'm taking a pretty epic beatdown right now. 110 to 45, First Name Russell... is projected to have 160 points lol. I still have a glimmer of hope but he's got 2 people with 30 points, and one more with 22, and his QB is still in the 1st quarter :p Alex Smith did well for me on Wilson's bye week though, can't blame the loss on him.

Vyer

Welp, Thomas is out but I don't really have any options at this point. oh well. This was a loss anyhow.

They left too much time though! Incoming Brady game winning drive, who will receive the TD?

Money on Gronk. Just wanna see Thomas get another touch to give me some breathing room for this matchup

A win should get me a bye and auto lock into GJL1 since I own tiebreaker on everyone in the playoff race.

Overtime should make everyone happy.

Sweet, Dez is going to lose 11 yards on his stats yesterday. Now I'd only need 4.2 points from Garcon tonight to keep my playoff spot

Edit: well it's nice to see that the clusterfuck situation regarding the last two playoff spots was resolved... The 3 teams on the inside looking out winning screwed over A LOT of people. Now it's simply me, Stonking, and Corporate Peezy fighting for the last two spots, with Peezy on the outside looking in

Quick update from the Stonking Great Hits camp, I'm absolutely delighted to still be in the hunt going into the final round of games, mostly thanks to my unbelievable upset win over Straw Hat Pirates (I have no idea how that happened man).

So given that it's me, Peezy and United We Run in a shootout for the last 2 spots, UWR has the higher points scored, and is playing Llamas (with a landslide victory predicted) so should be safe (and at the very least, is win and in). That brings it down to me and Peezy, playing the top two teams in our division, I think I might be win and in thanks to points scored, and I'm currently projected a narrow victory but it's going to be a real nail biter (and I reserve the right to throw a Coughlin style tantrum about schedule strength if I miss out).

Just want to say regardless of what happens this week that I've had a blast playing in this league this season. Next year with promotion/relegation on the cards (which as a Brit I can really get behind) it should be even better, so Peezy, United, best of luck and may the best 2 teams shamefully scrape into the playoffs on their worthless stomachs.

Arkos

^^ well put, glad our over-seas guy stuck with us :)

Great season everybody! We're down to it now. One more week of regular season (already a battle for the Sacko of JL1 Gaming Division for me), no more byes, just straight up fantasy from here on out. Good job again.

Now to go check out the waiver wire :p

Edit: AFK update (aka the Weekly Bummer Report)
JL1: 2 this week, Ponder has reached the 3 AFK threshold. Splain yoself! (Llamas had his 4th)
JL2: 4 this week :( nobody reached the limit, but Bombers, D, and Eric continue to not play (5+ each)
JL3: 3 this week, nobody reached the limit, Anthrax had his 4th and TSF Mad Dogs leads the AFK race for all 3 leagues with an impressive and very irritating 7

surely FashionGAF has a Heidi Klum "you're out" gif I can use for this
And once again, I should have a record of when you've been assessed an AFK so if you want to dispute any of your AFK's that's fine, I'll probably let it slide. The real problem is the people who continue to get AFK's and don't even pay attention or care enough to realize that they're doing it or that it's a problem.
other than that, cheers GJL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom