• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League : F2P fantasy football 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
It's just accepted, it hasn't be processed yet. There's still time to vote

Edit: And is there still no trade deadline?

Sorry I'll reset it! Been busy, forgot

Edit: Okay, I'm going to do the trade deadline later tonight when I do trophies and such (where you can expect to see a cut back in volume lol). It was originally set at next Wednesday, October 30, but I wouldn't mind pushing it back one more week to November 6. Let me know if there's any objections or whatever, and I'll apply it to all the leagues.

Also, is that JL1 trade good to go? I'll send it through if so.

Sorry I'll reset it! Been busy, forgot

Edit: Okay, I'm going to do the trade deadline later tonight when I do trophies and such (where you can expect to see a cut back in volume lol). It was originally set at next Wednesday, October 30, but I wouldn't mind pushing it back one more week to November 6. Let me know if there's any objections or whatever, and I'll apply it to all the leagues.

Also, is that JL1 trade good to go? I'll send it through if so.

November 6th is good for me. And might as well let it go thru on its own. Neither player is playing in week 8 anyway.

Jayhawk

Disappointed that neither of my two waiver pickups went through. Oh well, the joy of being first place. Need to find a bum to replace fumbling Hillman.

This is the week I lose. like half of my team is on bye so none of my replacements for Murray or Martin are available...

Oh well. I have a 2 game lead on first so no worries here.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
This is the week I lose. like half of my team is on bye so none of my replacements for Murray or Martin are available...

Oh well. I have a 2 game lead on first so no worries here.

My luck you will beat me. I need this win though need some sort of come back to happen.

Arkos

Vyer you're going down like a clown Charlie Brown! I'm just wondering if I should play Heath Miller or Sidney Rice? You're gonna love this PHI DST play when they get like two interceptions for touchdowns :p

Jayhawk

I hope some of the teams in GJL1 that have active roster spots being taken up by people on BYE week this week set their lineups in time.

Arkos

I hope some of the teams in GJL1 that have active roster spots being taken up by people on BYE week this week set their lineups in time.

I've started devoting my trophy time to keeping up with who is and isn't playing in all three leagues, so at the very least any repeat offenders won't make it in next year. JL3 and JL1 have been pretty similar, only like 3 or so max AFK on a given week, which isn't too bad I guess. JL2 has the most consistent participation actually I think.

I've started devoting my trophy time to keeping up with who is and isn't playing in all three leagues, so at the very least any repeat offenders won't make it in next year. JL3 and JL1 have been pretty similar, only like 3 or so max AFK on a given week, which isn't too bad I guess. JL2 has the most consistent participation actually I think.

Who's been inactive in JL1? Thought everyone was participating, although I wasn't paying too much attention to other teams

Arkos

Who's been inactive in JL1? Thought everyone was participating, although I wasn't paying too much attention to other teams

It's just been a couple here and there, doesn't seem like it's anything repetitive. And yeah I never get the luck of playing them on that week lol. At least one person has played somebody on bye and still won, I forget who

Jayhawk

Arkos getting beat by Kaepernick this week. Pierre Thomas outperforming Darren Sproles and is on my bench. That's the last time I rank Sproles over Thomas because of 'expert' rankings.

First set of games aren't even halfway over, and I know I'm getting massacred this week. My terrible QB streak hits a new low with Vick getting negative points before getting taken out. It doesn't help that I'm playing against Brees either, who has 3x the points as 4 of my players...

Arkos getting beat by Kaepernick this week. Pierre Thomas outperforming Darren Sproles and is on my bench. That's the last time I rank Sproles over Thomas because of 'expert' rankings.
No one in their right mind would start Thomas over Sproles man. That's just the dreaded hindsight talking

Jayhawk

5 players + Lions defense from my matchup this week involved in the Cowboys - Lions game. I'm fortunate that Calvin Johnson has been the only high-scoring player so far from the game. Dez Bryant had a nice TD catch, but he's not in my matchup so I don't care. My opponent has Romo though.

Matt Ryan with the late charge to perhaps salvage my week? Come on score just one more time. edit-INTERCEPTION.

Should have started Dalton. AHHHH.

And suddenly the week i thought I'd be out due to 5 guys being on bye, the gamble I played with starting murray and no one else (cause i couldn't drop anyone from my core team to add another rb), is the week I could win...

Down 15 points. I have Seattle's kicker. He has Kyle Rudolph. I'm done. Thanks a lot Matt Ryan for having your worst game of your career?

Vyer

Arkos might pull ahead of me in the race for the Sacko! :p

And clearly the key to MJD being productive is me not starting him .

Week 8 is almost over with, and the standings are still extremely close in JL1. Two teams are pretty much guaranteed to make the playoffs since they're 7-1, and one team is looking to be 5-3. After that, there are 5 teams that should be 4-4 and one that is 3-5 that are fighting for the remaining 3 playoff spots, not to mention the rejuvenated 2-6 teams. With only 5 games left and about a week until the trade deadline, who knows who will make it in. Pretty much everyone, even Llamas and Gill (aka the inactives) have a chance at making the playoffs. I wonder if they'll be a huge megatrade in the making that completely changes one teams' luck around

Meanwhile I played inactive teams in my three other leagues, beating two by triple digits. I love this league

are we changing any of the settings for the playoffs or leaving it default?

what is the advantage to having each playoff game last 2 real NFL weeks?

Jayhawk

I was considering stashing Marvin Jones instead of CJ Anderson earlier this weekend, since I will have zero luck with waiver pickups at this point... I made the wrong gamble. :(

Jayhawk

A battle of the two 7-1 teams this week in GJL1 with both teams missing two of their best players due to bye week. Championship preview?

Keeper Dynasty league trade question...Here's my starting team:

-QB-D.Brees
-RB-E. Lacy, D. Sproles
-WR-V. Jackson, H. Douglas
-TE-J. Thomas
-Flex-J. Boykin
-Def-49'ers
-K-S. Gostowski

BN=D. Bowe, K. Thompkins, S. Vereen, A. Brown, J. Maclin

This league is TD heavy. All TDs count for 6 points, and basically yardage is gutted and worth very little..Today I was offered the following trade.

E. Lacy for T. Richardson and Desean Jackson.

I'm torn on whether I should do this. My team is second in the league right now and I don't really want to fuck anything up considering I'm guaranteed a playoff spot with one more win. ALSO...Is Richardson a bust, or is he for real? I feel like 8 games ago everyone thought he was great, but now his stock is falling and Lacy looks great...My team can't get worse from getting a legit WR2, but it can from losing Lacy, as I'm weak at RB..A little better once Vereen and Brown get going..

Should I do this trade? Is Richardson a joke or legit?

Arkos

Vyer, the Sacko is mine. And I proposed a trade lol Edit: ^^^ are you kidding me, Richardson and Jackson for Lacy? I'd do it in a heart beat

Less than a week until the trade deadline!!! And with Blackmon being out indefinitely, it's time to go for yet another trade... If anyone wants to trade a WR for McCoy, Forte, or Cameron let me know. I'd preferably want to do a 2 for 1, since I have a free spot now :(

Arkos

Haha omg it's looking like I could win?? I was bracing for like lowest points of the season.

Looks like I'm in the game of the week.

Still have a Hauschka FG in OT to go and the other dude has Antonio Brown still playing. Should be within a few points of each other after those games as we're tied right now. I got Andre Johnson and Martellus Bennett and he has 2 packers, Lacy and Nelson which could work against him as only one can score a TD at a time. Should be close.

Is Cameron injured or something? Dude only has one catch for 4 yards...

And thanks goodness my opponent this week benched Brady and Amendola...

And with that Forte TD, I get lucky and win my matchup this week! Now I get to worry about playing #1 and #2 in the next 3 weeks

Edit: And it's about to be one more day until the trade deadline!!! If anyone is willing to trade a WR2 for Jordan Cameron, hurry and send an offer! Since I have Reed I'm not going to need him, but I'm sure someone could use the #2 ranked TE in FF!

Andrew Luck came through (lol 3 points at halftime, I thought I was screwed) and I ended up winning by 4 points to get to 8-1. And now my team is back at full strength. lol I've never had a team do this well.

So who are the 4 that make it to GJL1 next year from each league? Top 4 playoff teams or top 4 regular season teams? I'm a game out but since the leader beat me I'm 2 games out I suppose and I don't get to play him again.

And do the the top division leaders get the byes or the 2 with the best record?

Jayhawk

LM would need to confirm, but I am guessing top 4 playoff teams go to GJL1 and that byes go to two best pre-playoff records.

A bye pretty much guarantees a GJL1 spot.

In GJL1, the race for last playoff spots looks like it will be close until the very end.

Call me greedy, but I don't want to lose another matchup this season. The best I have ever done in over a decade of fantasy football is a two-loss season, but that was with a league that started 2 weeks into the season. I want to end this season with only 1 loss.

LM would need to confirm, but I am guessing top 4 playoff teams go to GJL1 and that byes go to two best pre-playoff records.

A bye pretty much guarantees a GJL1 spot.

In GJL1, the race for last playoff spots looks like it will be close until the very end.

Call me greedy, but I don't want to lose another matchup this season. The best I have ever done in over a decade of fantasy football is a two-loss season, but that was with a league that started 2 weeks into the season. I want to end this season with only 1 loss.

You have a fairly tough schedule left, with the worst team you play against being 7th and the best being 3rd (not to mention you just beat the previous 1st place team). If you go undefeated thru the last 4 games, we might as well give you the trophy now. I'll be sure to end the thought before it starts, though :)

Also, the trade deadline is tomorrow at afternoon! I've sent out some last minute small offers, but besides that I don't think we'll see any mega-trades this year

A trade just went down in my fantasy league. It's a keeper/dynasty league...Which side do think go the better end of the deal, if any, and why if you care to share your reasoning?

Team A receives:

-Eddie Lacy
-Julius Thomas
-Dwayne Bowe

Team B receives:

-Andre Ellington
-Ryan Mathews
-Jordan Cameron
-DeSean Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom