• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League : F2P fantasy football 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
A trade just went down in my fantasy league. It's a keeper/dynasty league...Which side do think go the better end of the deal, if any, and why if you care to share your reasoning?

Team A receives:

-Eddie Lacy
-Julius Thomas
-Dwayne Bowe

Team B receives:

-Andre Ellington
-Ryan Mathews
-Jordan Cameron
-DeSean Jackson

Damn, that's a pretty even trade. Care to post your team and your record? This could easily benefit both teams, depending on how your team would change beforehand, and if you need the wins now or in the future

Damn, that's a pretty even trade. Care to post your team and your record? This could easily benefit both teams, depending on how your team would change beforehand, and if you need the wins now or in the future

Okay...I'm Team B..I'm currently 5-3-1 with my old players and Week 10 will be my first week the new players. I've scored the most points in a week 3x's but i've also put up 2 stinker weeks getting beat by the worst teams in the league..(2 of my 3 losses came to teams ranked 11 and 12 currently..the tie was to the team ranked 9th..lol..)

This is my team after the trade (optimal team I'll use in the next few weeks/won't play Vereen till week 12 probably, playoffs start week 14 go through 16. 1 and 2 seeds, get a bye week 14):

-QB-D. Brees
-RB-A. Ellington
-RB-S. Vereen
-WR-V. Jackson
-WR-D. Jackson
-TE-J. Cameron
-Flex-A. Brown
-K-S. Gostowski
-Def-S.F 49'ers

BN=R. Mathews, H. Douglas, D. Sproles, C. Fleener, J. Boykin

I didn't necessarily want to get rid of Lacy, but the guy I traded with really wanted him. Also as circumstance has it, I don't think the Rodgers injury benefits Lacy in any way..Makes it way too easy to stack the box...Anyways, I figured Thomas for Cameron is really a wash and considering this is a dynasty league, I don't see Thomas having long-term value..Once Peyton retires, which could easily be next year, Thomas isn't a fantasy stud any more...Cameron on the other hand is producing in a crappy system, not just getting forced TDs...DeSean is having a breakout year and I needed an upgrade at WR..

Ellington was my X-factor...He looks like he may be very, very good, but the sample size is small. Mathews is well, Mathews...He's a starter, but average..He's better than Sproles (we aren't a PPR)..lol...

I'm really in a "win now" mode, and I'm guaranteed a playoff spot (12 team, top 6 in playoffs, and top 4 get $)..I just figured I'm a top 3-4 team without the trade..I'm not sure if the trade makes me really any better or worse now, but I think in the future it helps alot as my team didn't have enough depth..I liked Desean, Cameron, and Ellington enough to gamble on it..Don't think my much of Julius, but Lacy is a stud..Maybe a bit overrated at the moment..He's not Barry Sanders..lol..or even Arian Foster.

Feedback is appreciated..Thx.

Okay...I'm Team B..I'm currently 5-3-1 with my old players and Week 10 will be my first week the new players. I've scored the most points in a week 3x's but i've also put up 2 stinker weeks getting beat by the worst teams in the league..(2 of my 3 losses came to teams ranked 11 and 12 currently..the tie was to the team ranked 9th..lol..)

This is my team after the trade (optimal team I'll use in the next few weeks/won't play Vereen till week 12 probably, playoffs start week 14 go through 16. 1 and 2 seeds, get a bye week 14):

-QB-D. Brees
-RB-A. Ellington
-RB-S. Vereen
-WR-V. Jackson
-WR-D. Jackson
-TE-J. Cameron
-Flex-A. Brown
-K-S. Gostowski
-Def-S.F 49'ers

BN=R. Mathews, H. Douglas, D. Sproles, C. Fleener, J. Boykin

I didn't necessarily want to get rid of Lacy, but the guy I traded with really wanted him. Also as circumstance has it, I don't think the Rodgers injury benefits Lacy in any way..Makes it way too easy to stack the box...Anyways, I figured Thomas for Cameron is really a wash and considering this is a dynasty league, I don't see Thomas having long-term value..Once Peyton retires, which could easily be next year, Thomas isn't a fantasy stud any more...Cameron on the other hand is producing in a crappy system, not just getting forced TDs...DeSean is having a breakout year and I needed an upgrade at WR..

Ellington was my X-factor...He looks like he may be very, very good, but the sample size is small. Mathews is well, Mathews...He's a starter, but average..He's better than Sproles (we aren't a PPR)..lol...

I'm really in a "win now" mode, and I'm guaranteed a playoff spot (12 team, top 6 in playoffs, and top 4 get $)..I just figured I'm a top 3-4 team without the trade..I'm not sure if the trade makes me really any better or worse now, but I think in the future it helps alot as my team didn't have enough depth..I liked Desean, Cameron, and Ellington enough to gamble on it..Don't think my much of Julius, but Lacy is a stud..Maybe a bit overrated at the moment..He's not Barry Sanders..lol..or even Arian Foster.

Feedback is appreciated..Thx.

I think that you greatly undervalued Lacy, man. Even if they stack the box, he's playing the Eagles, Giants, and Vikings. If the Bears stacking the box didn't stop him, I doubt those defenses would do any better. Plus once Rodgers gets back, he's right back to being a top 10 back. Your RB situation took a pretty big hit now, and I'm not sure getting Jackson at WR was worth the hit. Still, it's not a bad trade at all

I think that you greatly undervalued Lacy, man. Even if they stack the box, he's playing the Eagles, Giants, and Vikings. If the Bears stacking the box didn't stop him, I doubt those defenses would do any better. Plus once Rodgers gets back, he's right back to being a top 10 back. Your RB situation took a pretty big hit now, and I'm not sure getting Jackson at WR was worth the hit. Still, it's not a bad trade at all

TYVM for the feedback. I agree, no more Lacy is gonna hurt..But in the end I think I can break it down much more simply than I explained it...If we consider Cameron for Thomas a wash..Ultimately the question is:

For the remainder of the fantasy season (playoffs begin week 14) will who will score more combined points???

-Lacy and Boykin

or

-Ellington and D. Jackson

With Lacy I was having to play Boykin/Douglas and Sproles at flex and/ or WR2..Getting Vereen and Brown back helps...

But time will tell...And as we both know, anything can happen in fantasy football..Have one bad week in the playoffs and your whole season doesn't count..I had Rodgers at the start of the year, made a very bad trade and got rid of him (for Kapernick and MJD..lol), but made another trade week 3 for D. Brees (Kap, MJD, and Rudolph)...At this time of the year, I'm very happy not to have Rodgers anymore...Some stuff is impossible to predict.

P.S...I almost forgot to mention an important point...In my league all TDs (including passing) are worth the same pts (6)...There is no premium for rushing tds...Passing=50 yds per 1 pt, Rushing/receiving=1 pt per 20 yds..

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
So who are the 4 that make it to GJL1 next year from each league? Top 4 playoff teams or top 4 regular season teams? I'm a game out but since the leader beat me I'm 2 games out I suppose and I don't get to play him again.

And do the the top division leaders get the byes or the 2 with the best record?

6 teams in the playoffs, division leaders get byes, the top 4 teams get into JL1 (that's the last 4 standing in the playoffs, so the two people with byes [that's right, winning your division guarantees you get in] plus the winners of the first week). I'm still trying to figure out how the loser's bracket will go, but tie breakers are going to be 1. overall record, 2. head to head record (only if it's just two people tied), 3. total points for. Unless anybody can figure out how to do a head to head comparison of 3+ people tied who have all played each other, I'm just going to use total points for in that case.

EDIT: while I'm looking at the leagues, I'll share this with everybody. There are 1 person in JL1 (GiLL) 3 people in JL2 (Bombers, D, Eric y) and 1 person in JL3 (TSF) who have been AFK at least 3 times. This is not cool, and unless these people speak up I'm not going to invite them next year, I'm also not going to keep chasing down AFK people with emails. There are a handful of other people with 2 AFKs so please, just set your damn lineup with people who are playing, it's not time consuming. At all. Pick up some rando off of waivers, but you've gotta play if you want to stay (TM)

6 teams in the playoffs, division leaders get byes, the top 4 teams get into JL1 (that's the last 4 standing in the playoffs, so the two people with byes [that's right, winning your division guarantees you get in] plus the winners of the first week). I'm still trying to figure out how the loser's bracket will go, but tie breakers are going to be 1. overall record, 2. head to head record (only if it's just two people tied), 3. total points for. Unless anybody can figure out how to do a head to head comparison of 3+ people tied who have all played each other, I'm just going to use total points for in that case.

EDIT: while I'm looking at the leagues, I'll share this with everybody. There are 1 person in JL1 (GiLL) 3 people in JL2 (Bombers, D, Eric y) and 1 person in JL3 (TSF) who have been AFK at least 3 times. This is not cool, and unless these people speak up I'm not going to invite them next year, I'm also not going to keep chasing down AFK people with emails. There are a handful of other people with 2 AFKs so please, just set your damn lineup with people who are playing, it's not time consuming. At all. Pick up some rando off of waivers, but you've gotta play if you want to stay (TM)

Thanks for the info. =)

Arkos

Hey everybody! Need my team to step it up, Llamas going down! Also, I'm seeing a bunch of people with byes still in lineups. Step it up folks

Jayhawk

I already have a 3 game lead in the Gaming Division in GJL1 and I'm about to go 9-1. One more win and I clinch the division, since there are only 3 'regular season' weeks left after this.

Jayhawk

It will be tough to pick between Terrance Williams, Riley Cooper, and Aaron Dobson as my FLEX week by week for the rest of the season. They've been pulling in TDs regularly the past month. Megatron and Desean are locks as my two WRs and my RB depth isn't as good as my WR depth.

Arkos

I already have a 3 game lead in the Gaming Division in GJL1 and I'm about to go 9-1. One more win and I clinch the division, since there are only 3 'regular season' weeks left after this.

Myehh! I can win out and get above .500 :p and yeah I'd be pissed if I had Tayvon Austin lol, hopefully he'll just keep it up at least

Slipped back into 4th place as Russ owns the tiebreaker over me. Still should make the playoffs but no bye. =(

GJL1

Straw Hat 9-1
Foster 8-2
Russ 6-4
Human(me)6-4(Russ owns tiebreaker)
Run 5-5
Stonking 5-5(Run owns tie breaker)

In the hunt.
Corporate 4-6
Pondering(most likely 4-6)
Llamas vs. Stupendous winner which is up in the air atm. 4-6.

I have the tiebreaker over Corporate, Pondering and Stupendous. Llamas beat me to open the year and thus owns the tiebreaker(momentarily over me)...I have far many total points should I beat him in week 12 to tie the series.

So all I need is 1 more win to clinch a playoff birth since I own the tie breaks with 3 of the 4 chasers. I could lose out and still make the playoffs since I own those tiebreakers in h2h matchups.

I get home to see that I got blown out by the likes of Pierre Thomas and Riley Cooper. On the other hand, Cooper helped my Eagles win and Pierre helped the Cowboys get blown out. Conflicted...

Slipped back into 4th place as Russ owns the tiebreaker over me. Still should make the playoffs but no bye. =(

GJL1

Straw Hat 9-1
Foster 8-2
Russ 6-4
Human(me)6-4(Russ owns tiebreaker)
Run 5-5
Stonking 5-5(Run owns tie breaker)

In the hunt.
Corporate 4-6
Pondering(most likely 4-6)
Llamas vs. Stupendous winner which is up in the air atm. 4-6.

I have the tiebreaker over Corporate, Pondering and Stupendous. Llamas beat me to open the year and thus owns the tiebreaker(momentarily over me)...I have far many total points should I beat him in week 12 to tie the series.

So all I need is 1 more win to clinch a playoff birth since I own the tie breaks with 3 of the 4 chasers. I could lose out and still make the playoffs since I own those tiebreakers in h2h matchups.

So it's Tiebreaker first, and then Points For? It's time to check and see who beat me before. Although it seems like if I can go 7-6, I'll be in

Edit: Wow. So I have the tiebreaker against Stonking Great Hits (5-5) and First Name Russell (6-4), but lose it against Stupendous Men and Pondering Deep Thought (4-6). Time to start praying that I won't get bumped out of the playoffs...

Jayhawk

I get home to see that I got blown out by the likes of Pierre Thomas and Riley Cooper. On the other hand, Cooper helped my Eagles win and Pierre helped the Cowboys get blown out. Conflicted...

Pierre Thomas is #19 this season in points among RBs. His worst week only produced 6.3 points, and even that kind of production is acceptable for an RB2. My other starting RB, Woodhead, had 2.6 points in week 1 but then every other week, he's produced at least 10.1 points. Low-end RB1 numbers!

So it's Tiebreaker first, and then Points For? It's time to check and see who beat me before. Although it seems like if I can go 7-6, I'll be in

Edit: Wow. So I have the tiebreaker against Stonking Great Hits (5-5) and First Name Russell (6-4), but lose it against Stupendous Men and Pondering Deep Thought (4-6). Time to start praying that I won't get bumped out of the playoffs...

If it's a head to head tie(just 2 teams) Arkos said the winner of that matchup is the winner...if it's a tie involving 3 teams or more he said total points is the deciding tiebreaker.

GJL1 Week 11 matchups:

Straw Hat Pirates (SHP)
(9-1)
Only Human (Acer)
(6-4)

Corporate Peezy LLC (CPLC)
(4-6)
United We Run (Run)
(5-5)

Stupendous Men (STUP)
(4-6)
Foster, Texian for Bier (BIER)
(8-2)

First Name Russell... (RUSS)
(6-4)
Oa Green Llamas (GL)
(3-7)

Pondering Deep Thoughts (DPT)
(4-6)
Team Gill (GILL)
(3-7)

Stonking Great Hits (SGH)
(5-5)
Only Goodell Forgives (OGF)
(3-7)

Peezy against Run seems to be the key matchup this week. OGF could still be in it with some luck perhaps. Scored over 100 points the past 3 weeks. Has tiebreaker over Stupendous and Pondering. OGF then goes on to crush Gill in week 12 before playing me in week 13.

Week 12 has Peezy against Pondering which is an elimination game for sure.

Week 13 is a ways away and who knows how the standings will be but all 4 games which don't involve Gill or Llamas will definitely have some playoff implications.

Vyer

GJL1 Week 11 matchups:

Straw Hat Pirates (SHP)
(9-1)
Only Human (Acer)
(6-4)

(4-6)
United We Run (Run)
(5-5)

Stupendous Men (STUP)
(4-6)
(8-2)

(6-4)
Oa Green Llamas (GL)
(3-7)

(4-6)
Team Gill (GILL)
(3-7)

(5-5)
(3-7)

Peezy against Run seems to be the key matchup this week. OGF could still be in it with some luck perhaps. Scored over 100 points the past 3 weeks. Has tiebreaker over Stupendous and Pondering. OGF then goes on to crush Gill in week 12 before playing me in week 13.

Week 13 is a ways away and who knows how the standings will be but all 4 games which don't involve Gill or Llamas will definitely have some playoff implications.

Keep Hope Alive!

GJL1 Week 11 matchups:

Straw Hat Pirates (SHP)
(9-1)
Only Human (Acer)
(6-4)

(4-6)
United We Run (Run)
(5-5)

Stupendous Men (STUP)
(4-6)
(8-2)

(6-4)
Oa Green Llamas (GL)
(3-7)

(4-6)
Team Gill (GILL)
(3-7)

(5-5)
(3-7)

Man, anyone that loses this week (besides Foster and Straw Hat) might wanna prepare themselves mentally for not making JL1

Man, anyone that loses this week (besides Foster and Straw Hat) might wanna prepare themselves mentally for not making JL1

I'll probably lose to Straw Hat this week. But ain't no way I'm missing the playoffs. All I have to do is beat Llamas and I'm in. Pretty much a coin flip if I make JL1 though as I ain't getting a bye.

I'm going to stomp your ass Jayhawk. Chris Johnson is gonna spike the ball in the end zone five times and that's just every other touchdown...he's gonna score 10 times! You're gonna lose the next 3 weeks and lose your #1 spot to me sucker.

That better?

I'm going to stomp your ass Jayhawk. Chris Johnson is gonna spike the ball in the end zone five times and that's just every other touchdown...he's gonna score 10 times! You're gonna lose the next 3 weeks and lose your #1 spot to me sucker.

That better?

better than pure depression

That better?

Better. You should take lessons from Incognito, though

Arkos

I think there's only like 5 teams active in JL3

=/

Ah I just got around to checking this week, and it was indeed a shameful week for JL3 (4 people AFK). I don't think it's quite as bad as only 5 teams playing, but I also apologize. All I can say is that they don't call it the Justice League for nothing. Judgment will be swift, and decisive.

Again, for anybody who doesn't know, 3 AFK's and you're out unless you have a good excuse, and I'm keeping track. Here's some knowledge, stats are thru week 10:

JL1
GiLL x3 AFK, OUT
Llamas x2 AFK

JL2
Blue Bombers x4 AFK, OUT
Team D x4 AFK, OUT
Team Eric y x4 AFK, OUT

JL3
TSF Mad Dogs x4 AFK, OUT
password is taco x3 AFK, OUT
Team Cook x2 AFK
Deimon Devil Dogs x2 AFK
Anthrax Letter Bombs x2 AFK

On the plus side, if these people keep being AFK and losing then your chances of getting into JL1 or 2 are that much better. And hopefully the new crop next year will be a little more dedicated than those that we have to kick out.

All that said, out of 36 people we only have a real AFK problem with about 6, so that isn't a terrible percentage. I'm very happy to have everyone who is playing (ie the majority of people) be a part of GJL!

Edit: "AFK" is determined by starting a player who is inactive (due to bye, injury, or other). Unless people play someone who is inactive I give them the benefit of the doubt that they just made a bad lineup decision that week.

For GJL2 the biggest matchup for week 11:

The Rooks (7-3) vs Bonethug's Skullcrackers (7-3)

The battle for one of the two first round byes and guaranteed spot in GJL1

Standings for playoffs at the moment with 3 weeks left:

1. Chip Chip Chipadelphia (9-1) *BYE*
2. The Rooks (7-3) *BYE*
3. Bonethug's Skullcrackers (7-3)
4. Bilbo Teabaggins (7-3)
5. Frank Gore Waifu Pillow (5-5)
6 .Mo Money Mo Problems (5-5)

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.

2. The Rooks (7-3) *BYE*

Hoping I can win out but I have no luck at all. Every time I am projected to win someone on my team gets hurt or doesn't do anything.

Arkos

2. The Rooks (7-3) *BYE*

Gotta pull for my LM, the Rooks. Bonethug where you at!

Edit: here's my proposed loser's bracket schedule, for those of us hoping just to get into JL2 :p

Week 1: 7v12, 8v11, 9v10
Week 2 (adding 5 and 6 after they lose in winner’s bracket): 5v8, 6v7, 9v12, 10v11
Week 3 (adding 3 and 4 after they lose in winner’s bracket): 3v4, 5v6, 7v8, 9v10, 11v12 (Sacko Bowl!)

With seeds reset each week by hand.

Jayhawk

It's hard for me to strongly consider the advantages and disadvantages of your loser bracket schedule when I am very likely to get a top 2 seed and a bye. How seeds reset will play a big role in your schedule. If #7 loses to #12 in playoff week 1, the #7 team gets reseeded as #12 for the next week?!

Anyways, I propose the merged GJL1 next year be named the GAF Premier Justice League. GJL2 and GJL3 could be named GAF Arena Justice League or something.

Arkos

It's hard for me to strongly consider the advantages and disadvantages of your loser bracket schedule when I am very likely to get a top 2 seed and a bye. How seeds reset will play a big role in your schedule. If #7 loses to #12 in playoff week 1, the #7 team gets reseeded as #12 for the next week?!

Anyways, I propose the merged GJL1 next year be named the GAF Premier Justice League. GJL2 and GJL3 could be named GAF Arena Justice League or something.

Lolz yeah I was also thinking GJL Premier or something similar, maybe just keep the 2 and 3 for the other ones? I couldn't think up names that wouldn't be degrading to those leagues (of which I will be a part :p)

As for the seeding, in your scenario no 7 wouldn't be reseeded as 12, but they might be reseeded to 8 or 9 if 8 and/or 9 won. And 12 would be reseeded to 11 or 10 if 11 and/or 10 lost, that kind of thing. The reseeding would just be by overall record with tiebreakers. The goal of the loser's bracket isn't to determine a "winner," it's to provide fair matchups and one last chance to move up or down a little bit. And losers from the "actual" playoffs would always come into the loser's bracket as the top two seeds the next week.

Jayhawk

That better?

Look at your work in progress! CJ2K with 2 early TDs!

Bonethug

Gotta pull for my LM, the Rooks. Bonethug where you at!

Edit: here's my proposed loser's bracket schedule, for those of us hoping just to get into JL2 :p

Week 1: 7v12, 8v11, 9v10
Week 2 (adding 5 and 6 after they lose in winner’s bracket): 5v8, 6v7, 9v12, 10v11
Week 3 (adding 3 and 4 after they lose in winner’s bracket): 3v4, 5v6, 7v8, 9v10, 11v12 (Sacko Bowl!)

With seeds reset each week by hand.

Boo Rooks, go Me. Gotta lock up that Premier League birth.

Delanie Walker off the waiver wire getting me actual TE points was a nice start to the week.

Man, what the heck happened this week. If Stupendous Men and Only Goodell wins this week, then there will be a 4 way tie for 5th at 5-6, with two people waiting to jump in at 4-7... It's crazy how competitive this league still is. The only team that's out of contention are the inactive ones, and even then Gill still has a chance...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom