• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2014 |OT| Now with tiers! Still with tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
You average the second fewest points per game (88ppg). Your opponents have also put up the second fewest points per game. (92.58) Since week 2 you've broken 90 points once.

If you insist on keeping everyone on your team, at least trade one of your QBs. You have two of the top 5 QBs in fantasy. Why? You can only play one. You could have traded Rodgers after Wilson's bye week for a RB that gets you more than 8ppg instead of having someone on your bench with 25 that's useless.

QB is the one position where you don't need two players. Most QBs will you get around 15ppg which is solid. It's much better to have players at other positions that aren't easily replaceable. for example if Giovani Bernard can't play next week, you have an easy win as I literally have no other option at RB since everyone available sucks.

Shit... Well Mo Honey pulled a Team Gill and put players in at the last second. Now it's Garçon/Reed vs Murray/Witten. I don't like those odds in the absolute least

Omega

Banned
bored at 3am. looking at old matchups. I've only met/passed my projected average twice, both times getting 140.

oh, and unless Dan Bailey kicks 12 field goals tomorrow, I get revenge on SHP :D

Jayhawk

bored at 3am. looking at old matchups. I've only met/passed my projected average twice, both times getting 140.

oh, and unless Dan Bailey kicks 12 field goals tomorrow, I get revenge on SHP :D

You may have beat me this week, but I'm happy with my team's performance this week. I'll end up with around 112 points this week which would win most weeks, so I can't hang my head in shame.

Omega

Banned
You may have beat me this week, but I'm happy with my team's performance this week. I'll end up with around 112 points this week which would win most weeks, so I can't hang my head in shame.

yep. this was just one of those weeks.

not much you can do when jeremy maclin puts up 36.7

Woo, barely pulled out that victory after starting from a huge initial hole. 155.08-151.46 was the final against DammitMatt. Everything I needed to happen to have any hopes did. I had Dez going tonight and that stretching g barely TD by an inch put me over the top. Without that or Cutler converting a meaningless 2pt to Forte netting me 4 points, I would have lost. So, glad to have it going into mass bye week where I'm piecing together a team.

Omega

Banned
  • If they played the same schedule as Straw Hat Pirates, Chip's Ahoy would be 5-1.
  • If Chip's Ahoy had played every team in the league each week, they would be 61-27.
  • If they played the same schedule as Chip's Ahoy, Straw Hat Pirates would be 3-3.
  • If they played every team every week, Straw Hat Pirates would be 40-48.

=/

if only the fantasy gods liked me

Omega

Banned
Did you draft a domestic abuser?

nope. i read a report that there's a .01% chance he might come back so i figured what the hell, might as well pick him up.

then i dropped him

edit - Is The GRONK, Gronkpotamus from GJL3 last year?

How active are the higher leagues for trading? I find GJL3 pretty difficult to even get a response to a trade, nonetheless a counter or acceptance. GK is the only one I've interacted with consistently, even if we haven't come to any agreed deals, and I've really appreciated actually getting the interaction. It makes trying to make moves outside of dropping/adding nearly impossible. The league has had 4 trades the entire season.

How active are the higher leagues for trading? I find GJL3 pretty difficult to even get a response to a trade, nonetheless a counter or acceptance. GK is the only one I've interacted with consistently, even if we haven't come to any agreed deals, and I've really appreciated actually getting the interaction. It makes trying to make moves outside of dropping/adding nearly impossible. The league has had 4 trades the entire season.
It's not better at all in the Premier league. Off the top of my head we only had 2-3 trades. I sent out a few feelers, and I believe only one even had a response (tried feeling for Bernard, and the owner just got him in a trade lol)

DarkFlow

Banned
Yeah, you have to remember most of the people in these leagues are not hardcore at this. So trades are going to be rare. The only 2 trades in JL2 have been from the guy who is really into it.

Ah okay, I hadn't checked to see if they were any different. Things have been going fine without trades so far but it's weird trying to make moves just dropping players with value and have trades sit there for over a week. It's more of a curiosity than a complaint.

Vyer

based Ingram

And yeah, I've made some offers just to have them sit there so I guess people aren't checking too often. Maybe eventually it'll balance out where a lot of the most active are in one of the leagues together.

Omega

Banned
made a huge mistake playing Hawkins over Sanu..

Assumed his production would take a hit with Green returning. I could probably use those extra points since Hawkins hasn't done anything

...and then Edelman finally does something when he's on my bench. Oh well, GG Chip United.

So in GJLP, it looks like Putin is AFK this week due to having the GB DEF in (they're on bye). With that:
Putin Karate Chops (1 AFK)
50 Shades of Forte (1 AFK)

And holy crap this week was garbage for my team... Only one person made it over 10 points (Foster), and he's injured...

ccbfan

Just lost my QB1 and my RB1 this week.

And I keep ruining Crabtree or Wayne's year by starting them.

It ridicules how bad my luck has been this year with injuries and receivers.

2 total weeks where I didn't lose at least one starter and the split on Crabtree and Wayne when I start them or have them on the bench is ridicules.

It's literally like getting heads or tails wrong 9 times in a row.

My one saving grace has been my RB drafts and pickups. I have 6 starting quality RBs this year.

Just lost my QB1 and my RB1 this week.

And I keep ruining Crabtree or Wayne's year by starting them.

It ridicules how bad my luck has been this year with injuries and receivers.

2 total weeks where I didn't lose at least one starter and the split on Crabtree and Wayne when I start them or have them on the bench is ridicules.

It's literally like getting heads or tails wrong 9 times in a row.

My one saving grace has been my RB drafts and pickups. I have 6 starting quality RBs this year.

In my money league:

I had Adrian Peterson. I traded T Richardson & Andrew Hawkens for Montee Ball the day before he broke his leg.

Solid moves all around.

This year especially it turns out you would be better off having a shitty team the first couple of weeks, grab the new RB stars and have a kickass team.

Going to get my 2nd loss after this game. I was trying to decide between Tim Wright and Mychal Rivera and went with Wright after he scored in 3 straight games with all that attention on Gronk. I don't think Wright played a single offensive snap and Rivera scored 2 TDs. Pretty sure this is the first time this year I made the absolute wrong FA pickup. Doesn't help that Oliver had 26 combined yards and Benjamin put up a 2.8 after dropping TD passes (Dez almost got shut out if not for that meaningless drive). Rough week but if it's going to happen I'm so glad it did during my massive byes week. Plenty of time to extend the lead with Forte back.

Ah man, I had a real chance of stealing this match but the Brown TD stomped that out. Thanks for being awful, Ravens.

I guess thanks for not taking Denard Robinson + whoever else I offered (might've been Beckham or Watkins or Matthews) for McCoy?

I'm just looking at the mobile app, so it's hard to tell, but is there essentially a 5-way tie for 1st in GJLP? I see a lot of 6-3 records coming up...

Omega

Banned
oh fuck me. Nick Foles is seriously injured. Jeremy Maclin is now useless to me

hey Rawr, can I get a return on Demaryius pls

oh fuck me. Nick Foles is seriously injured. Jeremy Maclin is now useless to me

hey Rawr, can I get a return on Demaryius pls

hue hue hue

Anyone in GJLP

I'm looking to trade either ODB or Sammy Watkins + Reggie Bush or Ben Tate for either a RB 1 or a RB 2 + dependable TE

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
GL3

4th - Turd 5-4
5th - Doof 5-4
6th - Toronto 5-4

7th - Ccbfan 4-5
8th - Me 4-5
9th - Irritable 4-5

Man, it is going to be a fun last couple of weeks. 4 games left for me to try and sneak my way into the playoffs and into the top 4.

mfw dez is putting up 30 for me in Prem, but also put up 30 against me w/ dinner on the line in another league

y2Zwk.gif

I've had OBJ sitting on my bench for 5 straight weeks. He's gone 18.7, 19.6, and already 10.4 in 2nd quarter the last 3 weeks. I just have no use for him despite him doing so well. He's just going to continue sitting there for the rest of the year since I can't get value trading him. I have Dez, K.Benjamin, Roddy, Sanu, and Watkins (even Denard) as my other WR choices.

DarkFlow

Banned
I've had OBJ sitting on my bench for 5 straight weeks. He's gone 18.7, 19.6, and already 10.4 in 2nd quarter the last 3 weeks. I just have no use for him despite him doing so well. He's just going to continue sitting there for the rest of the year since I can't get value trading him. I have Dez, K.Benjamin, Roddy, Sanu, and Watkins (even Denard) as my other WR choices.

What do your RB's look like? I would try to trade him for SOMETHING before the deadline.

Omega

Banned
i knew i had no chance going into this week but lol

injuries and byes changed it from a possible win with some luck to a straight up fuckin blowout

told my brother weeks ago when i made this trade week 10 was a loss and it would be because Dez and Demaryius put up 30 each. one of those were right, the other still has another quarter left to add more stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom