• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Maddenites: PS2 or Xbox?

Slo

I want in on the GAF Madden tournaments this year and I'm not going to buy the game twice, so who's getting it for Live and who's going to buy it on the PS2? I'm voting for Xbox.

PS2 - (old and busted)
Ninja Scooter
WasabiKing
Rorschach
yacobod
Miguel
CK
Sickboy
Oxy (!)
seismologist
cubanb
crypt0nian
dskillzhtown
budala1

Xbox - (new hotness)
DMczaf
Manabyte
CrimsonSkies
Musashi Wins!
shpanky
FMT
Matrix
Fifty
Oxy
hgplayer1
Little Tokyo
College Dropout
MrBob
Gunstar77
skinnyrattler
Shazapp
Drey1092
Cerebral Palsy
siamesedreamer
AztecaGX
Meier
SpeedRazor
dskillzhtown
Bog
Guileless
Ramirez
Paradox

Playing with themselves
Matlock
glenzilla69
Defensor
The Bookerman

Well, this former champ is getting the collector's edition only, so I stay with my faithful PS2. You flip-floppers from last year better be glad that PS2 and XBox users can't play each other, cause I'd be scoring 55 points on your ass.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Xbox - NO FUCKING CHEATERS.

I swear, now that EA is on the Xbox I think I can trash my Network Adaptor. Seriously, there is more hacking/cheating in PS2 online games than on the PC (now that Punkbuster is around).

Slo

While I could force you all to run out and purchase Xboxen and XBL kits, it's probably be cheaper just to pool your money and buy me a PS2 network adapter. Pass the hat, folks.

Edit: Mana, wanna sell you NA?

ManaByte said:
Xbox - NO FUCKING CHEATERS.

I swear, now that EA is on the Xbox I think I can trash my Network Adaptor. Seriously, there is more hacking/cheating in PS2 online games than on the PC (now that Punkbuster is around).

Why wouldn't there be less cheaters on XBL? :p There is more cheater on PS2 Online because there's more people playing than XBL.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Littleberu said:
Why wouldn't there be less cheaters on XBL? :p There is more cheater on PS2 Online because there's more people playing than XBL.

Gamesharks/PAR don't work on XBL. They do on PS2 online. There are people using 100% Home Run codes with MVP baseball, anti-tackle codes in Madden, etc.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
I was getting the collector's edition of Madden until it was announced that ESPN was only going to be $19.99

shpankey

not an idiot
Xbox

Better graphics (albeit only slightly)
480p
Better sound (5.1 DD)
Hard Drive = unlimited and easy saves (especially for my replays and franchises)
Faster loading times.
Custom user soundtrack support. I love this feature for when I'm editing rosters etc.
Way better analog sticks on Xbox (I hate the domed PS2 analog sticks, in Madden my thumb always slips with the dualshock analogs)
Way way better online. Xbox Live kills PS2 online IMO. Friends list, voice chat, less cheaters etc.
DM and FMT will be on Xbox. <-- big reason for me ;)

DMczaf

tenchir said:
So which online services the XBOX version will use? XBLive or EA services?

You sign into XBL, but then after that you go to EA's server where you login with your EA name.

one thing is for sure fellas, after playing nearly 200 games online and about 50+ offline of madden 2004 last year i'm just tired of it....

tired of WINNING BITCHES! the champ returns!

i'm am definently getting it for xbox, that will be my main platform. if sony will fix my playstation 2 free of charge then i may buy the collectors edition ps2 version from eb as i have some store credit there. but i removed the "warranty void if removed" tag from my ps2. caninus said sony would still fix it, and i have emailed them about it. waiting for response!

but you will see me on ncaa and madden for xbox for sure

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Xbox version :)

Ea almost got me to go with the collectors edition,but my mind is too strong.

ManaByte said:
Gamesharks/PAR don't work on XBL. They do on PS2 online. There are people using 100% Home Run codes with MVP baseball, anti-tackle codes in Madden, etc.

I don't want to get into this, but I think you can't use these codes in MVP anymore, because it was before the game release.

shpankey

not an idiot
FrenchMovieTheme said:
tired of WINNING BITCHES! the champ returns!

i'm am definently getting it for xbox, that will be my main platform. if sony will fix my playstation 2 free of charge then i may buy the collectors edition ps2 version from eb as i have some store credit there. but i removed the "warranty void if removed" tag from my ps2. caninus said sony would still fix it, and i have emailed them about it. waiting for response!

You are stepping in MY domain this year. ;) Madden on Xbox is where I reign supreme. You already know my GT... invite me when you get your game. You are going to school.

I keed I keed. I'm only average (at best) but I wanna shot at the champ anyhow. :) Mwhahaha, I like self inflicted pain.

well, bottom line is if you plays with friends here @ GA you are going to get a legit game whether it's on ps2 or xbox. no matter what game it is, after about 2 months (or less!) someone on BOTH systems is going to find a way to cheat/cheese, and they are both pretty bad. i haven't seen anyone using a cheat device (to my knowledge) on xbox live in the 2 or so months ive had it. i saw it a lot in socom 2 and madden. for proof of gameshark in madden, just go to the top stats page. people averaging 255-0 scores (255 pts is the highest the game will let you go up to btw), people averaging 1,000 yards rushing, etc etc. its just not cool dudes

DMczaf

Sorry fellas, but it looks like another Tampa Bay champion!

Dominating hockey and baseball now, you know who's next!

BUCS!

tenchir

Hmmmm, will you be able to play against PS2 console players then? If both are on EA servers then I don't see why not.....

As for cheating, what makes you think there won't be cheating on XBOX version? Both game will be on EA servers.

tenchir you are still on xbox live tho

you cannot cross play (ps2 vs. xbox) because ms & sony wont allow it. how is it fair that someone who gets to play for free (ps2) gets to play on the same "network" as someone who has to pay (xbox)? i wouldn't care but thats how the companies look at it

ManaByte

Gold Member
Littleberu said:
I don't want to get into this, but I think you can't use these codes in MVP anymore, because it was before the game release.

????

They were using the codes when the game was released in retail stores. I'm not talking about brain dead retard pirates. I'm talking about the retail copy of the game.

Miguel

PS2! DON'T TURN YOUR BACK!

PS2 gave you online madden when no one else would!

PS2 LOVED YOU ALL! HOW COULD YOU?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Trust Mana about the MVP codes,Ive seen plenty of people use them >_<

Matrix

Littleberu said:
So is it a Gameshark code or just a glitch?

The wierd glitchs were fixed,EA has led people to believe.... so I assume its gameshark stuff Ive seen.

tenchir

FrenchMovieTheme said:
tenchir you are still on xbox live tho

you cannot cross play (ps2 vs. xbox) because ms & sony wont allow it. how is it fair that someone who gets to play for free (ps2) gets to play on the same "network" as someone who has to pay (xbox)? i wouldn't care but thats how the companies look at it

As someone said before:

You sign into XBL, but then after that you go to EA's server where you login with your EA name.

You are on EA servers now, not XBLive. The only thing XBLive do for you is authenticate. You are not using XBLive servers. MS won't allow how EA wanted to do their online stuff at first, then look what happen now. Has Sony ever tell off EA yet?

As for cheating again, what makes you think there won't be cheating on XBOX version? It's on EA servers now, not Live.

Matrix

Fifty said:
Like when your pitcher pitches 11 innings and strikes out 21? No.....that's perfectly normal.....

Thats just the glitch that you suck ;)

yes, you sign into xbl to authenticate. you cannot sign onto xbl if you are using a gameshark. if you cannot sign onto xbl, you can't sign into EA's servers, so it all works out in the end.

Matrix

Miguel said:
PS2! DON'T TURN YOUR BACK!

PS2 gave you online madden when no one else would!

PS2 LOVED YOU ALL! HOW COULD YOU?

I thought your @ss was getting an xbox?

tenchir

FrenchMovieTheme said:
yes, you sign into xbl to authenticate. you cannot sign onto xbl if you are using a gameshark. if you cannot sign onto xbl, you can't sign into EA's servers, so it all works out in the end.

You wrong about that. I saw friend of mine signed into XBLive after using Action Replay for a game. The code didn't work, but the point is he got through.

shpankey

not an idiot
tenchir said:
As for cheating again, what makes you think there won't be cheating on XBOX version? It's on EA servers now, not Live.

Because there is no cheat device on Xbox. The people cheating on PS2 are cheating with the Gameshark. Literally, MS won't allow them to make an Xbox version (for these reasons). There is not a cheat device for Xbox. So the network is irrelevant. Its not the EA network allowing the cheating, it's the Gameshark.

All the Xbox has is a save thingy... it's not a cheat device.

shpankey

not an idiot
FrenchMovieTheme said:

FMT, there isn't even a Gameshark for Xbox.

shpankey

not an idiot
FrenchMovieTheme said:
there is action replay which is similar

Not really. It is only for saves. It's doesn't do "cheats". AR can only give you a save file which has a character already built up or something like that.

Top Bottom