• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF MLB League Thread: The Curse of Bagwell..

Andokuky

Banned
Boston.. Seattle.. LA Angels of Anaheim... anyone on my schedule wanna play tonight?

Anyone want anyone on my team for someone with some speed, or a decent starting pitcher?

BirdBomb

Banned
How is Seattle still allowed in this league??

After 2 games played, almost every batter starts out with 2 balls, 2 GARBAGE balls i might add. If you get down 0-2 in the count, every pitch there on out is garbage. complete and utter garbage. It took a game and a half for me to finally get fed up, pause, and ask if he was going to throw garbage all day. After he throws Griffey 2 decent pitches, it's right back to outside of the zone, low in the dirt crap all day.

After the 2nd game was over, we discussed it, and he blamed it on Breakpoint pitching, which is a load of crap bc after about 4-5 pitches you pick up on how not to suck total ass with it.

JuanMR2

BirdBomb said:

After 2 games played, almost every batter starts out with 2 balls, 2 GARBAGE balls i might add. If you get down 0-2 in the count, every pitch there on out is garbage. complete and utter garbage. It took a game and a half for me to finally get fed up, pause, and ask if he was going to throw garbage all day. After he throws Griffey 2 decent pitches, it's right back to outside of the zone, low in the dirt crap all day.

After the 2nd game was over, we discussed it, and he blamed it on Breakpoint pitching, which is a load of crap bc after about 4-5 pitches you pick up on how not to suck total ass with it.

DM is good people, I've played against him in all the other GAF leagues and in this MLB league and he doesn't play cheap. If he says it was breakpoint pitching then that's what it was, I have trouble with breakpoint pitching at times.

BirdBomb said:

Well I'm absolutely amazed that you've even been able to get in touch with him/play him. After my first two games with him (which I won in the last few innings) he's been damn near impossible to get ahold of. I've messaged him at least 3 times on XBL and in here several times, but I think he's afraid of getting another loss... I just figured he was going to quit the league.

I don't mean to sound like such a dick, but you could at least respond to my messages DM.

I didn't experience any garbage-ness from him though. He played clean when I played him. I just wish I could finish our series :lol

edit: I just checked out the league page and he's played 3 games tonight. Please guys, tell me the secret to getting in touch with him...

DMczaf

ChrisJames said:
Well I'm absolutely amazed that you've even been able to get in touch with him/play him.

Usually when you guys sent me messages in XBL (it wasnt just you asking me to play these last few days lol), I would be in the middle of a nba2k7 game and then I would forget to check the message after I'm done. I was finally free for mlb today and got 4 games done. I can play our last game tonight.

DMczaf said:
Usually when you guys sent me messages in XBL (it wasnt just you asking me to play these last few days lol), I would be in the middle of a nba2k7 game and then I would forget to check the message after I'm done. I was finally free for mlb today and got 4 games done. I can play our last game tonight.

OK cool. That's understandable. Again, I didn't mean to sound like a dick, it was just frustrating. I can play now (within the next hour or two) if you're around.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Dm has never been able to pitch in baseball games,cut him some slack :p

We dont call him Wildthingczaf for nothin.

Wow. Just played the game of the year with DM.

23 innings.

He was up 5-1 bottom of the 9th. I tied it. He goes up by 1 in the 23rd and I hit a 2R HR to win. Crazy game. I feel bad for ya DM, you deserved it just as much as me (I won thanks to some lucky circumstances (Ichiro missing a ball in the outfield with two outs in the 9th)).

edit: yeah, you didn't sub pitchers and I was subbing like crazy. I had to put in Verlander and Maroth along with all my relievers. I truly feel your pain DM. I should've lost at least 2 of those games, but I got lucky. The Tigers are like that in real life though...

http://online.2ksports.com/league/game?p=360&l=98995&g=4720310

DMczaf

Anyone who doesn't believe Im cursed at baseball games, I just played the ultimate "I feel like selling this crap and giving up baseball" game. Im up 5-1 in the 9th, I give up a 2 run tying shot because ICHIRO drops a fly ball out the play before. At this point, Im in a "I dont give a ****" mode and start killing my pitchers by leaving them in til they have 1% stamina, which somehow leads us to going to 23 ****ING INNINGS!

I get a 6-5 lead somehow, and I know Im going to lose so I still dont even bother changing pitchers. EVERY game vs. Chris has been me getting a lead, and then giving it up in the bottom of the 9th. So what happens? You know it! I LOSE!

I feel like Im helpless in baseball games, even if I somehow win a game its like so what, even the Celtics win a game once in a while.

I dont mind losing, but its the way I ****ing lose EVERY GAME IN THE BOTTOM OF THE 9TH (or in this case, BOTTOM OF THE 23RD LOL **** YOU 2K!)!! It would be like playing NBA2K7, and losing 5+ straight games by buzzer beaters.

DMczaf

The best part about that game was that after the hilarious flyball drop of the 9th inning, you should have won like 5-6 different times between the 9th and 23rd innings, but I would get some crazy double play, or get bailed out some other way when you had a guy on 3rd.. Its like the game wanted to torture me some more to make me believe I had a shot at winning...

Its a good thing I played those other games before that game, because I really dont even want to see this game again for a week.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Chris robbed me of a game tying hr in extra innings our last game and that game looked ike it was going to go on for awhile.

23 innings is just wow insane,I might have fallen asleep by the 18th.

Dm might be blowing games like Lidge,but I have the actual virtual Lidge blowing games.

I think he's blown 3 saves out of my 5 losses.

Dez

Andokuky said:

I have a two gamer with you, the last series of the season (technically). But I should be studying for exams, i'll wait till they're done (April 21st). That way I'll be in Toronto, won't have lag problems like last time.

Andokuky

Banned
homeless-coder.jpg

Andokuky

Banned
pheeniks and I were disconnected in the bottom of the 9th with me up 2-0 and he said I could take the win. Idk how this all works but if admins can assign winners plz do kthxbye

DCX

DCX
Well i'm back online> i'm hoping to be up and running tonight sometime but i can't be for sure.

DCX

Just count me out of the league.....I've become a lot busier with other things then I had anitcipated plus I just injured my shoulder in real-life sports (I'm guessing it's my rotator cuff, but I'll find out today). I apologize to anyone that I may have let down but it just wasn't meant to be.

I hated the arcadey play of it all anyway....way too many homeruns and fastballs are way too easy to hit.

Andokuky

Banned
Is this league still planning on going?

I'm on if anyone on my schedule wants to get games in. Seattle, Boston, LA.. etc.

Dez

Andokuky said:
Is this league still planning on going?

I'm on if anyone on my schedule wants to get games in. Seattle, Boston, LA.. etc.

I'm up to play anytime tonight. I should be on live, or post here if you want to play.

Top Bottom