• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF MLB League Thread: The Curse of Bagwell..

bluemax

Banned
Is Sanjuro still the padres? We have one game left to finish.

Also Giants when you're ready hit me up. I'll be home for another hour and a half.

I don't really know who Sanjuro is right now. I mean..I don't know where he is. He hasn't posted here in a long time and hasn't responded to my AIm messages either.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
F-ing servers are down *sigh*

Sanjuro

I'm still here. I work shit hours of retail. So usually I'm not around until the late hours of the night or im working in the a.m. as well. I get the messages, but usually after the person has signed off.

SanjuroTsubaki said:
I'm still here. I work shit hours of retail. So usually I'm not around until the late hours of the night or im working in the a.m. as well. I get the messages, but usually after the person has signed off.

Man...I'm sorry. That's unfortunate.

I hope I can get a lot of games in tonight...otherwise people will have to wait really late for me at night during these weekdays.

Damn, I go away for the weekend and come back to read all of this drama :D

DMczaf we need to finish our series. DCX we can start our series whenever you're ready. I'll be around until about 2-3 Est. tonight and/or I can play most of the week.

Andokuky said:
Pheeniks if the leagues come back up tonight I can play if you're around.

Same here. Let's just pray it comes back by midnight CT...cause if not then I'll be on tomorrow as well, after 24 (I am scheduled to play with storybook then, but after I can play you)

BirdBomb

Banned
I think im just about done with the league. Haven't played a game in 2-3 weeks bc my opponents are scheduling games with inactive owners from weeks past, or are too busy to play. Gets boring when you can't practice online bc no one wants to play with your custom sliders, so you're constantly rusty when it comes game time

BirdBomb said:
I think im just about done with the league. Haven't played a game in 2-3 weeks bc my opponents are scheduling games with inactive owners from weeks past, or are too busy to play. Gets boring when you can't practice online bc no one wants to play with your custom sliders, so you're constantly rusty when it comes game time

you quitting the league isn't going to help those that are trying to still play.

2k servers being down all night on the weekend doesn't help either.

Cloudy

Banned
Bird, you do know you can skip ahead as long as you skip starters, right? I've played 18 games so far. Anyone who hasn't played at least 8 games just isn't making the effort...

Dez

looks like 2k's servers are back up.. (i can access the league page but i didn't check through the xbox, so i'm not 100% sure)

Cloudy said:
Anyone who hasn't played at least 8 games just isn't making the effort...

So I should take off work, ignore my 9 month old daughter, and my wife just so I can have at least 8 games played....:lol

Cloudy

Banned
storybook77 said:
So I should take off work, ignore my 9 month old daughter, and my wife just so I can have at least 8 games played....:lol

We all have jobs and families. If you can't find the free time, why did you join in the first place? Did you think the games would play themselves?

Andokuky

Banned
According to you we can play as far ahead as we want if we just skip starters.

Last time an admin posted about it, we couldn't skip past the 4th series.

It's understandable why people are confused. If it gets to the point that we are simming games I'd rather just start a new league with less people.

I don't know if I'm an "admin", but I personally would much rather have people skipping ahead and playing as many games as possible instead of quitting the league...

As far as I know, it's not a problem as long as you make sure that your pitching rotation is being followed.

also, I think this league will end up fine. We might need to sim some games here and there, but I think it will be finished in a reasonable amount of time. However, I am interested in starting a side league for those who want to play more games more often. Something like 8-10 dedicated players, 24 games (play each team once) and the top 4 making the playoffs. We did something similar with NBA 2k7 (season 2.5) and while we never finished the side league, it didn't hurt the main league (season 2) at all.

Cloudy

Banned
Andokuky said:
According to you we can play as far ahead as we want if we just skip starters.

Last time an admin posted about it, we couldn't skip past the 4th series.

That was only because the schedules weren't finished. They've been all set since last week :)

Cloudy said:
We all have jobs and families. If you can't find the free time, why did you join in the first place? Did you think the games would play themselves?

No but I've tried to play mine many times only to have the other person have issues or whatever...but I'm not on here whining and bitching about it like it's the most important thing going on in my life.

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
I don't know if I'm an "admin", but I personally would much rather have people skipping ahead and playing as many games as possible instead of quitting the league...

As far as I know, it's not a problem as long as you make sure that your pitching rotation is being followed.

also, I think this league will end up fine. We might need to sim some games here and there, but I think it will be finished in a reasonable amount of time. However, I am interested in starting a side league for those who want to play more games more often. Something like 8-10 dedicated players, 24 games (play each team once) and the top 4 making the playoffs. We did something similar with NBA 2k7 (season 2.5) and while we never finished the side league, it didn't hurt the main league (season 2) at all.
We can play, if anything we need to play, as of this weekend i will be without internet access til like the 19th :(

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Cloudy said:

Well, I joined and then I got transfered due to need at another project. I am still at work with no Xbox 360 and will likely get out of here a little before midnight. I was here at 6:30 AM this morning BTW. My usual hours are 6:30 AM to 8:00 PM. When I get home, I eat, shower, and sit around for like 30 minutes then go to bed. From tomorrow on I should be getting home an hour earlier.

I realize that does still leave weekends but I do part time work/ have a gf who will cut my dick off/ have friends IRL who I have alienated. Like I said above I will make a much stronger effort to work the time in.

Andokuky

Banned
Marlins and I need a reset for the two games we played, I guess Florida lost contact with 2k or something. Second one sucked.. I had just worked a guy around the bases into scoring position :\

Andokuky said:
Marlins and I need a reset for the two games we played, I guess Florida lost contact with 2k or something. Second one sucked.. I had just worked a guy around the bases into scoring position :\

It's all ready been reset. By me. I'm your friend (not really).

BirdBomb

Banned
Wowzers.

Alex Gonzo 4-5 4HR 5RBI

my pitcher hit a HR in the 2nd...

what kinda game was that..it was HR city.

Im sure next game you'll rock me story book

BirdBomb said:
Wowzers.

Alex Gonzo 4-5 4HR 5RBI

my pitcher hit a HR in the 2nd...

what kinda game was that..it was HR city.

Im sure next game you'll rock me story book

:lol Yet I still almost came back....you get to face Smoltz and Hudson next! :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Karish,you around?

Want to finish our series?

Matrix

Sure,Now I just need to figure out whos pitching :\ give me a few mins,ill meet you in the lobby in 5.

Nice its Roy,im ready to go,ill be in the lobby.

Matrix

Both Chris and I are trying to play and it keeps booting us,we both are not using routers.

Absurd.

Matrix

wtf now it crashed my game and system!

ughhh

Matrix

Nothing like being robbed of a hr to end a game :( And speaking of hrs,jesus its too easy to hit them.

And Lidge is so bad :lol

All I have is Roy O.

gg's Chris,thats the most I have played in over a month.

Matrix said:
Nothing like being robbed of a hr to end a game :( And speaking of hrs,jesus its too easy to hit them.

And Lidge is so bad :lol

All I have is Roy O.

gg's Chris,thats the most I have played in over a month.

Good series, that was a lot of fun (especially because you kicked my ass so much in the first game. Roy O = magic). I couldn't believe I robbed that last HR to end the game in the 10th, that was intense!

I've gone from 1-8 to 7-9, you American Leaguers better watch out! :)

DCX

DCX
Yeah well, playing against me is an automatic win. 1-11, good grief. Chris we can finish that one game tonight. Shawn, maybe we can get our last game done too.

DCX

Matrix said:
Both Chris and I are trying to play and it keeps booting us,we both are not using routers.

Absurd.

It did that to me twice against Ando yesterday. I'm starting to think it's 2ks problem, because my laptop while remain online while my 360 does not..and they're both linked to the same router.

BirdBomb

Banned
I wouldn't really call cutting an 8 run lead down to 5 almost coming back, but i'll admit it was getting worried.

Me and Storybook's game wasn't bad last night.

Anyone up for a game around 2cnt today?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Dez said:
have you been reinstated yet? if so, do you want to skip ahead and play me? game 13, so it would be your 3rd starter.

Not yet... and oh hey look I am home!

I thought you had to keep using your rotation though, not jump ahead consequentially.

Andokuky

Banned
Or your 1st starter if you only use a 4 man rotation.

I wish there were some sort of way to automatically pencil in starters and then it can give you the option to change before the game.

DCX I'll be able to play tonight if you're going to be around. DM we still need to finish the series (I know you're scared to answer my messages, but we have to finish the series sometime).

I'll be up for another 3 hours probably.

DCX

DCX
ChrisJames said:
DCX I'll be able to play tonight if you're going to be around. DM we still need to finish the series (I know you're scared to answer my messages, but we have to finish the series sometime).

I'll be up for another 3 hours probably.
Ready for another loss :p

DCX

Top Bottom