• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF MLB League Thread: The Curse of Bagwell..

AkaBalla

We can always just sim the deadbeat teams. Were not going to find reliable replacements.

As for controlling 2 teams you would need 2 GT's.

I'm liking simming the userless teams.
Lets figure out something

THE SCHEDULE IS DONE.

The schedule you see for your team is final. Hopefully this gets some people to play their games.

I say we set a deadline for games up to series 4 ( say, next Wednesday) and if the games haven't been played then we will sim the game based on who is the hardest to get ahold of/ the most active poster in here.

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Did the Twins player drop out? They're next on my list after I finish my series with BlueMax/Cards

storybook77 said:
Hopefully me and pheeniks can get our games in within the next two nights.....I'm going out of town for Easter weekend.

I'll be around all afternoon...I'll get home around 2:30 CT I think...what about you?

pheeniks said:
I'll be around all afternoon...I'll get home around 2:30 CT I think...what about you?

I usually get home between 5 and 5:30 EST....I should be able to get in at least one game before I have to feed my daughter. I should also be available later in the night.

storybook77 said:
I usually get home between 5 and 5:30 EST....I should be able to get in at least one game before I have to feed my daughter. I should also be available later in the night.

Okay. I'll see if you're on AIM or vice versa....6-8:30 CT is off limits due to the Heat's inevitable pounding of the Cavs tonight.

pheeniks said:
Okay. I'll see if you're on AIM or vice versa....6-8:30 CT is off limits due to the Heat's inevitable pounding of the Cavs tonight.

That's fine, that'll be TV time with the wife anyways.

Damn it, sorry Storybook. I have something scheduled from 5-7 CT that I did not know about (found out at school just about now) so not only do I miss part of the Heat game I will miss an afternoon game of trying to get out of the winless column. I'll be around the rest of the night though.

pheeniks said:
Damn it, sorry Storybook. I have something scheduled from 5-7 CT that I did not know about (found out at school just about now) so not only do I miss part of the Heat game I will miss an afternoon game of trying to get out of the winless column. I'll be around the rest of the night though.

I should be around tonight. If not, I'll be able to stay up late tomorrow night. I'd love to pull off another one night 3-game sweep like I did against Zep. :lol

I think I'll send him a poster of Chipper Jones! :D

Dez

damn.. my next opponents are Minnesota and the White Sox.. looks like i won't be playing for a while :(

DCX

DCX
FMT, i got a couple of days before i'm out of commission until the 19th. Hit me tonight or the next couple of days, i will be moved out by the 13th.

DCX

Sorry about last night story..bunch of unexpected stuff happened, people came over, blah bla and you know the rest.

I don't know what my sched is today either but I'll attempt to catch you...

pheeniks said:
Sorry about last night story..bunch of unexpected stuff happened, people came over, blah bla and you know the rest.

I don't know what my sched is today either but I'll attempt to catch you...

If we can't get it on tonight, then maybe I'll get back early enough on Sunday evening...if not, maybe we can get at least a one day extension on the DEADLINE due to Easter and those of us that celebrate it. :D

DCX we have one game to settle!

Aka we have two games to settle!

Konex we have two games to settle!

It's the weekend and I'm broke as ****, so it's videogames all weekend!!

Ya'll know the AIM name!

BirdBomb

Banned
storybook, joey

If either of you want to play a few games in our series tonight, hit me up, or post here and we can get it in.

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
DCX we have one game to settle!

Aka we have two games to settle!

Konex we have two games to settle!

It's the weekend and I'm broke as ****, so it's videogames all weekend!!

Ya'll know the AIM name!
Tonight after like 11:15 est.

DCX

AkaBalla

Just to let everyone know..

I quit my game vs Shawn due to him bunting on 0-2 counts 4 times in 3 innings.. The shits lame and im sick of the Konex small ball...

You bunt with 2 strikes your a bum.... Plain and simple.... Have fun

AkaBalla

Oops sorry it was 2 innings and 3 straight bunts in the bottom of the 2nd with 2 strikes.. Actually one of them was a suicide not on 2 strikes..

Bottom of Inning 1
Figgins strikes out
Cabrera hits a home run to left field
Guerrero reaches base on error - Runs: 0, LOB: 1
Rivera hits a Bunt - Runs: 0, LOB: 1 2 strikes
Anderson hits a home run to left field
Hillenbrand flies out to the left fielder - Runs: 0, LOB: 0
Top of Inning 2
Ramirez hits a Smash - Runs: 0, LOB: 0
Drew reaches base on error - Runs: 0, LOB: 1
Peña hits a Liner - Runs: 1, LOB: 1
Peña caught stealing - Runs: 0, LOB: 1
Peña steals second base
Lowell strikes out
Bottom of Inning 2
Kendrick hits a Smash - Runs: 0, LOB: 1
Napoli hits a Bunt - Runs: 0, LOB: 1 2 strikes
Matthews Jr. hits a Bunt - Runs: 1, LOB: 1
Figgins hits a Bunt - Runs: 0, LOB: 1 2 strikes

ProfessaSkillset (9:48:23 AM): wtf?
RoNn 4180 (9:48:46 AM): sory man
RoNn 4180 (9:48:54 AM): 2 strike bunts is cheap..
RoNn 4180 (9:48:55 AM): see yaRoNn 4180 (9:49:15 AM): u did that 4 times already in 3 innings..
ProfessaSkillset (9:51:22 AM): I assume you are forfeiting the third game as well? I'll alert Konex
RoNn 4180 (9:52:33 AM): Ahh no.. Ill reset this game until u play the right way... Since im the admin and i make the rules.. message me when u'll stop those cheap tactics.. And i will elt it be known amongest the league.. No buntin g with 2 strikes... ****ing Lame
ProfessaSkillset (9:52:43 AM): Sounds to me like you are a sore loser
RoNn 4180 (9:53:16 AM): Yes im such a sore loser..... Thanks
ProfessaSkillset (9:53:10 AM): No rule to speak of regardiing this
ProfessaSkillset (9:53:18 AM): You cant make up criteria and cancel games
ProfessaSkillset (9:53:22 AM): Thats bullshit
RoNn 4180 (9:54:05 AM): well i figured people would play almost realisitc as possible.. tell me what game u have seen where they bunt with 2 strikes in 3 inngings? Once u youtube that game then ill let u slide..
RoNn 4180 (9:54:19 AM): 4 times.. thanks have a good day
ProfessaSkillset (9:54:32 AM): Kiss my ass guy and **** your league if you are pull rank like that
ProfessaSkillset (9:54:58 AM): I'll let Zep tell me this.
ProfessaSkillset (9:55:12 AM): This was his league before you got added as a second commish
ProfessaSkillset (9:56:38 AM): Never seen such a blantant abuse of admin power
ProfessaSkillset (9:56:51 AM): You dont run shit Zep does
RoNn 4180 (9:57:53 AM): Thanks for letting me know..
RoNn 4180 (9:58:01 AM): Ur an allstar
RoNn 4180 (9:58:07 AM): Game reset have fun Shawn
ProfessaSkillset (9:58:02 AM): This shit aint over son
ProfessaSkillset (9:58:11 AM): Not by a long shot
RoNn 4180 (9:59:04 AM): is that a threat?ProfessaSkillset (9:58:55 AM): Nah, just a fact
RoNn 4180 (9:59:13 AM): I think i can remove u from the league if u threat admins
ProfessaSkillset (9:59:27 AM): you arent going to make up a rule and cancel and reset a game after the fact
ProfessaSkillset (9:59:36 AM): We'll see how the community responds to your actions

If you read this log, you'll see why I think Aka needs to be removed from admin power.I am furious right now. He just quit a game, and then made up a rule to justify resetting the game. Aka is pissed because he isnt scoring on me like his averages suggest.

I've never seen such a blantant abuse of power. Zep you need to do something about this guy. He is obviously still pissed from the way he lost game one, and he was pissed about the fact I had several runs on his in the second inning.

AkaBalla

RoNn 4180 (1:00:29 PM): Have a nice day
ProfessaSkillset (1:00:38 PM): **** you too cause that what you really mean
RoNn 4180 (1:01:02 PM): Sure if u say so
RoNn 4180 (1:06:34 PM): Shawn it was already discussed on page 4 of the Baseball thread.. take a look
ProfessaSkillset (1:07:15 PM): You take a look
ProfessaSkillset (1:07:26 PM): I think you are going be stripped of your admin access

Thanks for adding the rest of log after I posted. I curse because this guy once cursed me out during an NBA game, so I dont have any respect for the guy.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
wtf is going on with this league :lol

DO NOT reset my last game with Skills. He forfeited as I was blowing him out...

Yea that's it. Not the real life drama you know I was trying to work out while we were playing. WTF do you think all the pausing was for? For being so cool, you can be a real dickhead some times. This has been a shitty day. Aka, my apartment manager deducting rent twice on accident, and now you Konex. Thanks alot buddy!

Andokuky

Banned
I agree about the 0-2 bunting. It's not realistic and is just a cheap way to advance the runner. If you wanna advance the runners you can bunt earlier in the at bat like real batters do or do a sacrifice fly. I brought like 3 runs in against Konex earlier using pop flies, it works great.

However, we should all have a problem with Ak's response on AIM. "I am the admin and I make the rules" wtf :lol

Cloudy

Banned
Shawnwhann said:
Yea that's it. Not the real life drama you know I was trying to work out while we were playing. WTF do you think all the pausing was for? For being so cool, you can be a real dickhead some times. This has been a shitty day. Aka, my apartment manager deducting rent twice on accident, and now you Konex. Thanks alot buddy!

WTF, I wasn't making a negative post about you :lol I just didn't want Aka or Zep to reset the game. I am kinda bummed it didn't record a W for Pettitte tho :p

AkaBalla

Andokuky said:
However, we should all have a problem with Ak's response on AIM. "I am the admin and I make the rules" wtf :lol

Yea i make the rules, u cannot swing on the first pitch now it's cheap...

I am a admin, if u break a rule i have the power to say that.. He played cheap this matter was discussed before, case closed.

If you read through it again you will laugh, as it was smart ass remarks i made and evidently Shawn was so furious as prviously stated that it made me laugh.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"Yea i make the rules, u cannot swing on the first pitch now it's cheap... "

:lol

I think you need to rewrite that,it might confuse some people.

Yea i make the rules, u cannot swing on the first pitch now it's cheap...

I am a admin, if u break a rule i have the power to say that.. He played cheap this matter was discussed before, case closed.

If you read through it again you will laugh, as it was smart ass remarks i made and evidently Shawn was so furious as prviously stated that it made me laugh.

This is the last ime I'm going to speak on this...

You can't make up official rules on the fly. The no bunts on two stikes thing was not stipulated anywhere in the rules on the official site or the main page of this thread. I get your point, but the way you went about this was all wrong. You can't retroactively apply a rule in the middle of a ball game and deem it grounds to quit it.

At no time did we ever discuss this. During the game, we both were logged into AIM and you didnt say nothing about it. After the first time I did it, you should have mentioned it. But no, you quit the game and then explain why after the fact. WTF is that about? This case is far from closed dude, Z already mentioned he'll make an official ruling on this f-ed up situation. But if we have to play again, in the very least I should up by 3 runs because my scoring came from home runs not exploiting bunting like you suggest.

If you are going to be a leader of this thing, you have to be an example. If someone in this league has legitimate concerns you don't laugh them off or make smart ass remarks. You label my play cheap without even allowing me a retort. That's a great way to alienate people. Like I told Zep, if you were the main dude from the beginning, I would have not participated as I already have made conclusions about your character. This here only validated my assumptions about you...

DCX

DCX
NExt season on all sports i nominate myself a mod! I know i can do a better job than Hitler over there! :D Kidding of course. Konex bunted with Jason Giambi twice in one game against me, a couple with Damon and a maybe one more with someone else. He bluntly put it " why do you care, it's an easy out right? " it's still the principle.

0-2 bunters, throw them a rolling curve that bounces 8 feet to the inside of the plate, easy strikeout, but with that said, only Tony Gywn would have a legit shot at bunting 0-2 with his insane bat control...seriously...0-2 bunts are not cool, now bunting should be used as dictated by situation, runner on first no outs, bunt, if you use a power hitter, stupid move on your part, but good enough. Now if no one is on base and you bunt with Manny, now that is grounds for something one would think. Same with stealing bases with a 7 run lead...some things just shouldn't happen.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Shawnwhann said:
This is the last ime I'm going to speak on this...

You can't make up official rules on the fly. The no bunts on two stikes thing was not stipulated anywhere in the rules on the official site or the main page of this thread. I get your point, but the way you went about this was all wrong. You can't retroactively apply a rule in the middle of a ball game and deem it grounds to quit it.

At no time did we ever discuss this. During the game, we both were logged into AIM and you didnt say nothing about it. After the first time I did it, you should have mentioned it. But no, you quit the game and then explain why after the fact. WTF is that about? This case is far from closed dude, Z already mentioned he'll make an official ruling on this f-ed up situation. But if we have to play again, in the very least I should up by 3 runs because my scoring came from home runs not exploiting bunting like you suggest.

If you are going to be a leader of this thing, you have to be an example. If someone in this league has legitimate concerns you don't laugh them off or make smart ass remarks. You label my play cheap without even allowing me a retort. That's a great way to alienate people. Like I told Zep, if you were the main dude from the beginning, I would have not participated as I already have made conclusions about your character. This here only validated my assumptions about you...
End of drama, i agree 1000% Make a rule here on out, the reset was a bitch move IMO and trust me, this is like defending Lucifer VS the Devil :p :lol :lol

DCX

Cloudy

Banned
ggs Ando. I got lucky to salvage 1 win in the series. I lost track of innings and brought Mo in early too :lol

Andokuky

Banned
GG's. Only runs I gave up were stupid home runs.

Not to start any drama but that 0-2 bunt shit is just wack and is cheese. The commish just said on the boards before our last 2 games that it was illegal, why keep doing it? Plus about halfway through our second game you just started throwing almost nothing but garbage. Seemed weird to me since you have griped in this thread about other people giving you nothing to hit. Idk, it's just funny that I got 13 runs in our series with only 1 home run accounting for 1 RBI, I had to work around the way outside or way low pitches for something to hit and manufacture runs while I pitched pretty honest to you and gave you plenty of stuff to hit.

Cloudy

Banned
You had 7 hits to my 6 in the last game and 16 hits (6 for me) in our first game. What more do you want? :lol

Andokuky

Banned
Cloudy said:
You had 7 hits to my 6 in the last game and 16 hits in our first game. What more do you want? :lol

Plus about halfway through our second game

What do I want? Idk, maybe something other than garbage pitches from the guy who has been most vocal in this thread about garbage pitching :lol But it's cool, I don't care. Like I said it was just funny.

Also, comparing my hits to your hits isn't saying anything because no offense but you aren't that great at batting. You strike out a lot on simple curve balls or fast balls.

AkaBalla

This issue has been discussed Page 4 of this thread.. This rule should have been put in place by Zep but it wasnt, however its common sense to know not to do that garbage.

And Shawn, if i would have brought this to your attention, you know dam well you would have said "it's not in the rules blah blah blah" in which in turn it would have been ugly anyhow. So you need to admit that.

The majority of the league besides Konex and Shawn says that the 0-2 bunt is garbage case closed, it needs to be enforced. Zep can update the rule's.

I quit the game, so i'll forfeit my whole series, as i dont care if i win or lose. "There's no crying in basball", But "There are rules" & "Common sense".

The discussion between myself and Shawn was just a personal one, I dont like the kid in compettion but have respect for him as another Gaffer. He has had some personal issue's in the past and all i did was hope that everything worked out for him.

Alot of my post's have quite alot of sarcasm, so dont take anything personal.......

Zep

Banned
Alright...heres the deal:

Aka: You were right that the bunting on 0-2 counts is absolute bullshit and from here on out, if it happens, game over...take the automatic loss. Now the quitting part? Thats BS. I got on Konex for quitting on Wellington when it was uneeded and told him not to pull that again, so the same goes for you. You really should've IM'ed him as it happened, he would've got the message and the situation wouldve been easier to correct.

Shawn: I know u goin through some stuff but cooler heads should've prevailed in that situation, as you were the person who initiated the conflict. We talked about this being bullshit(a while ago) but like an idiot, I never put it on the official page.

I dont know how many games you guys have left but i'm giving shawn the win as he tells me his runs were on legit hits. If you guys have 1 more gm, play it whenever and put the bitching aside.

And forreal forreal, if you dont have at least 7gms done by tomarrow night, your done...Ample time to have these gm's done. Only person who shouldnt have games done is FMT(who is away on job training).

Joey ballgame, whenever you wanna go, i'll be here all-day tomarrow. Let's finish our series.

bluemax

Banned
Sefskillz and I need a reset. Connections crapped out halfway through the game.

Sucks to have to do it over cause I had 4 home runs but its been such a good series I want to play every game full.

Edit: I guess Sef says its ok to not reset and we'll just stick with the results as is.

Dez

So what's the deal with Minnesota.. Is Wellington out? Are our games gonna be simmed? That kinda sucks..

sefskillz

shitting in the alley outside your window
Dez said:
So what's the deal with Minnesota.. Is Wellington out? Are our games gonna be simmed? That kinda sucks..
Same question here, that's my next series. Admin had mentioned either someone subbing in and playing, or they could just sim them?

bluemax said:
Sefskillz and I need a reset. Connections crapped out halfway through the game.
nevermind the reset admin's, he was in control anyway. ill take the loss. hell of a series though blue!

Top Bottom