• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF / Playstation 3 / Call of Duty 4 Realism Unit

steve

Banned
blindrocket said:
GRU_ribbon.jpg

Playstation Name List for the GAF Realism Unit [GRU]

Acos
A-D-O
Asshandler
Beamber
blindrocket
caldermuyo
Captscience
DeejayKnight
Iron_Scimitar
Kassatsu
Resolver1
SeanCon
Sykra
Torgo
Tulip_Sniper
xDefuser

I don’t think that this is everyone that has shown interest in the unit so if you haven’t left your PSN ID please do so or if I have missed you let me know.

caldermuyo, I didn’t get a friend invite from you, are you sure that you sent me one?

Clan support isn’t unlocked until you hit a certain rank so I would suggest people work on that, for those of us that have the game, what’s a good time to meet up and who wants to play host?
I'll send/accept invites tonight.

Updated [GRU] Roster

Acos
A-D-O
Asshandler
Beamber
blindrocket
caldermuyo
Captscience
DeejayKnight
Diseasedyak
Epix
Iron_Scimitar
Kassatsu
N1ghtz
Resolver1
Safe_Bet
SeanCon
Sykra
Torgo
Tulip_Sniper
xDefuser

If you guys want to play the game realistically,you should try the hardcore mode.No Hud,just you and your gun.Communication is vital.

Edit:I'm an idiot.

Safe Bet said:
Add me to the list please...

Safe_Bet
Done, your application has been approved. ;)

johnFkennedy said:
If you guys want to play the game realistically,you should try the hardcore mode.No Hud,just you and your gun.Communication is vital.

:D It’s okay…

We have TWENTY recruits! I think that’s a great number to get going, enough people to fill two whole teams and have a couple to spare. It’s good to have two teams so we can skirmish each other.

I suppose we will need to break off into Team A and Team B eventually, but that may depend on everyone’s playing style and other factors we will discuss later.

This will probably come off a little clumsy at first since it will take us a little while to get to know each other. We are all basically strangers at this point; at least I know that I am.

I look forward to what is to come!

JB1981

blindrocket said:
We have TWENTY recruits! I think that’s a great number to get going, enough people to fill two whole teams and have a couple to spare. It’s good to have two teams so we can skirmish each other.

I suppose we will need to break off into Team A and Team B eventually, but that may depend on everyone’s playing style and other factors we will discuss later.

This will probably come off a little clumsy at first since it will take us a little while to get to know each other. We are all basically strangers at this point; at least I know that I am.

I look forward to what is to come!
when do we start this thing?

I finally unlocked the clan support tonight so I'm sporting the [GRU] tag right now in-game even though we haven't officially played together yet.

I also started up my own "realism server" to test it out and by this weekend I will have all of the details posted up of how I think our server settings should be.
You can also fly around the map in spectator mode (this looks beautiful btw) which will allow us to take some pictures of maps and really get some detailed strategies mapped out.

I think it would be best if at least one of us had everyone from our group in their friends list to be the offical "inviter" to our gatherings. I think that will be easiest.
And again, anyone willing to play host? I'm on DSL which has a gimped upload otherwise I would do it.

Safe Bet

Banned
Well it looks like everyone else has been busy playing the reg game modes too...

:p

Sorry, the game's addictive so its been hard to pull myself away from ranking up, unlocking weapons, etc...

Concept17

Safe Bet said:
Well it looks like everyone else has been busy playing the reg game modes too...

:p

Sorry, the game's addictive so its been hard to pull myself away from ranking up, unlocking weapons, etc...

haha same here...

I've gotten a few messages that I have yet to reply to because of this :p

Well it's actually going to be necessary for everyone to play the regular game and level up because AFAIK there's not a hardcore server out there. The only way we will be able to play with our own specifications is to create a private server which you cannot rank up in from what I understand. Therefore, if you want the goods you will have to play on the public ranked servers. Unless I am missing something.

Also, I feel that we've got the ball rolling but it could easily be dropped at this point so please provide me with some feedback! If this is to actually turn into something we need to meet up and do this!

Just don't learn any bad habits by playing on the public servers, running and gunning, lone wolf hero type stuff. :p

Updated list, let me know if I missed you!

Acos
A-D-O
AkachanNingen
Asshandler
Beamber
blindrocket
caldermuyo
Captscience
DeejayKnight
Diseasedyak
Epix
Iron_Scimitar
JohnnyM60
Kassatsu
klee1234
JohnnyM60
lunlunqq
narcosis219
N1ghtz
Resolver1
Safe_Bet
SeanCon
Sykra
Torgo
Tulip_Sniper
xDefuser

We haven’t got this thing off the ground yet! Who can host a private match server to accommodate us? What time is good for everyone?! I am itching to play some Hardcore mode! I think voice communication is poor right now though, at least it has been for me the past couple of days and that will probably hinder us. :\

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Well since I've moved and have lost my 10mb connection and am now down to 1.5mb DSL, I can't host alas. Any night of the week for the most part is good for me, but I won't be online until after 10pm Central time most nights. If any of you ever see me online feel free to invite me.

I've actually been playing Hardcore mode with random people. I think it's mostly due to the maturity of people that seems to be higher on PSN, or perhaps it is due to most people not playing Hardcore unless they really really want to, but whatever it is I must say that the experience was FUN! Only accidental teamkills happened, and round after round we were able to have some good fun playing.

About the only thing I noticed was that people rarely talked unless it was to say "Oh man, sorry, my bad!" after TK'ing.

Can't wait to play with you guys and have actual communication!

Big Nate said:
Well since I've moved and have lost my 10mb connection and am now down to 1.5mb DSL, I can't host alas. Any night of the week for the most part is good for me, but I won't be online until after 10pm Central time most nights. If any of you ever see me online feel free to invite me.

I've actually been playing Hardcore mode with random people. I think it's mostly due to the maturity of people that seems to be higher on PSN, or perhaps it is due to most people not playing Hardcore unless they really really want to, but whatever it is I must say that the experience was FUN! Only accidental teamkills happened, and round after round we were able to have some good fun playing.

About the only thing I noticed was that people rarely talked unless it was to say "Oh man, sorry, my bad!" after TK'ing.

Can't wait to play with you guys and have actual communication!
That’s the same boat I am in, just a 1.5 Mb DSL connection. I have played a little bit of Hardcore mode with a local friend on a private match server but I have never seen Hardcore mode running in a “public” server.
Hardcore is a lot of fun! I also can’t wait until we can get to play it all together.

kassatsu

Banned
Safe Bet said:
I'm ready when you guys are...

Tomorrow?

10 PM CST?
I have class until 9pm pst (Midnight est) :x. My headset is broken too, I will try to get a new one tomorrow. Does the Socom one work with this game?

Quite a few of us GAF members played last night (not on hardcore, unfortunately) but we had a blast! Apparently my Playstation Eye isn’t the best choice for in-game voice communication considering it echoes my speakers to the other players. My daughter broke my Logitech USB headset so I need to get something else to be courteous to my fellow players. I was going to wait until Black Friday but I see that Best Buy has in their ad this week a USB headset with microphone and actual headphones for forty dollars. This may work out well but since its headphones I can’t use my surround sound. :(

Ragnarok10

blindrocket said:
Quite a few of us GAF members played last night (not on hardcore, unfortunately) but we had a blast! Apparently my Playstation Eye isn’t the best choice for in-game voice communication considering it echoes my speakers to the other players. My daughter broke my Logitech USB headset so I need to get something else to be courteous to my fellow players. I was going to wait until Black Friday but I see that Best Buy has in their ad this week a USB headset with microphone and actual headphones for forty dollars. This may work out well but since its headphones I can’t use my surround sound. :(
If you're using your TV speakers (ie. not using a surround sound setup) have you tried moving the PS Eye to another location further from the actual speakers?

I think a sufficient time has passed now that most of us should have the game, probably finished the SP, and had a taste of the great MP.
If you haven't unlocked Hardcore mode, make that your #1 goal, please!

tanod

when is my burrito
I just picked up my copy yesterday. Good times but the SP is fucking hard. I died A LOT.

MP was fun though. I tried a match and got 4th out of 8th and was only 15 points off the lead. That was just my first match and I think I may have been the lowest rank in the match which means I was the only one had jack shit for gear and powerups. :D

steve

Banned
Ok, update.

I've completed single player, and ranked up a bit online, I think I'm lvl 12 or so right now. I know I've unlocked the ability to add a clan tag, so I should be good to go. I've accepted friend invites for a couple GAFfers, but not many. I can't play a ton, but one dedicated night a week would be perfect, so I can keep my wife happy by not playing too much.

Again, the name is Asshandler, send me an invite and let's get this realism thing rolling.

kassatsu

Banned
blindrocket said:
I think a sufficient time has passed now that most of us should have the game, probably finished the SP, and had a taste of the great MP.
If you haven't unlocked Hardcore mode, make that your #1 goal, please!
I am gunna finish sp tonight, got my new handset. I will be ready to go : )

Zeke

I've got all the game modes already unlocked. I seem to be fairly good at domination I tend to rank in the top five overall and top three on the team. Of course some maps treat me better than others.

Okay guys, we really need to have a good meet up! I've played a few, seemingly random, games with fellow GAF people but we haven't had anything that really resembles a "clan" meetup!

And like I've said before, I have a 1.5 Mbit DSL connection, would anyone with a better connection be kind enough to host? Tell us when and I'll be there!

Zeke

I tried hosting a few matches of domination fist time around my connection dropped the second time I tried I had some lag issues. I don't know if it was just me or if other players experienced it too.

kassatsu

Banned
blindrocket said:
Okay guys, we really need to have a good meet up! I've played a few, seemingly random, games with fellow GAF people but we haven't had anything that really resembles a "clan" meetup!

And like I've said before, I have a 1.5 Mbit DSL connection, would anyone with a better connection be kind enough to host? Tell us when and I'll be there!
I am free tomorrow.

Nightz

I'm free tonight and tomorrow. I'm pretty much on every night except for Fridays, so just send me an invite and I'll be there. I also added a few GAF guys to my PSN friends list, but if anyone else wants to add me, feel free.

johnFkennedy said:

Hey I killed you in Warhawk last night! If you're [GAF]JohnFkennedy :p

You guys should add me PSN: CaliChronz I want to play this realism mode it sounds more intense.

I'm on wireless internet which sucks because I definitely can't host a game. If I bring my modem up here I could but thats too much of a hasslehoff. This game would have been soo much better with dedicated servers it's not even funny.

I haven't been booted or lost connection from Warhawk or Resistance ever.

I would love to join this realism unit. I have never done this before so this will be completely new to me. My PSN is: LabombadogIGN and I typically play around 8-9EST and on. Anybody here is welcome to add me as a friend. See you guys online.

lionelhutz

i'd also be interested.

PSN - lionelhutz

not sure how often i'd be able to play but i'd be OK as an alternate if someone couldn't join.

Yeah it's still going on, it hasn't even started yet! lol
Am I just the worst clan organizer ever or what's up? :( I feel bad we haven't done anything yet and I'm itching to do some cool stuff.
The whole time I'm playing I am thinking of new strategies and tips/tricks to teach people during "drills."

We should just get this show on the road.

What is the best time for everybody to meet up?

Weekdays for me is around 9:00pm EST. Fridays at 1:00am EST. Saturdays almost ALL day long...w00t, and Sundays around 9:00am through 1:00pm.

How about you guys?

Labombadog said:
We should just get this show on the road.

What is the best time for everybody to meet up?

Weekdays for me is around 9:00pm EST. Fridays at 1:00am EST. Saturdays almost ALL day long...w00t, and Sundays around 9:00am through 1:00pm.

How about you guys?
I missed your invite while I was playing tonight and now it's time for me to hit the sack. Hopefully we'll meet up later.

Sorry blinrocket for missing your invite. God I wish it will tell you right AWAY when somebody sends you an invite and not until you are done with the match. The online functionality in this game (and most PS3 games) are very flawed. Hopefully Home will fix this.

edit- and why doesnt it show the 'recent players' for the RECENT PLAYERS you have played on COD4 at the XMB?

Top Bottom