• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Street Fighter 4 - PSN & XBL Tournament!

Spooka

GAF Name: Spooka
XBL Name: Spooka
Platform: Xbox 360
Primary: Zangief
Secondary: C-Viper

I'm going to get my ass kicked.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Please clarify.. are you on PSN or XBL? And your GT is PSNetwork?

Thanks

I'm on Xbox live and my gamertag is indeed: PSNetwork

Sorry if I didn't follow the format exactly, I was posting via phone :/

Updated up to here...

35 people already for XBLive.. If it stays this way then I will cap it at 48 or else this tourney would last forever.

23 people for PSN. I may cap it at 36 people if it stays this way...

I may even come up with a prize if you win! I work in the industry and get a bunch of crap that I can scrounge around :)

Assembly Required said:
I'm on Xbox live and my gamertag is indeed: PSNetwork

Sorry if I didn't follow the format exactly, I was posting via phone :/

A gamer tag like PSNetwork through me off for XBlive :lol Sounds like something from Sony.

Okay.. I am most def making some prize packages for both tournaments..

It will be fun.. and I need to clean out some of my schwag that I seem to always get.

They will be worth it.. I'll see what I can build up tonight and post updates on the OP. :D :D

(Somehow I'm going to become like the official tournament guy if I do this now haha..)

Motion Picture Soundtrack said:
So can we choose our secondary at any time, or do we have to lose a match with our primary first?
You can choose it at anytime. I'm not hearing to many objections on that.

Lyte Edge said:
So I am right in that each match-up is best out of three fights, with matches set to two rounds each? And we can use either the primary or alternate?

Best of 3 Matches
6 rounds per Match.

So for you to win you need to win 6 rounds.

Hope that makes sense.

Stantron

GAF: Stantron
GT: Stantron
Service: XBL
Primary: Chun Li
Secondary: Zangief

I don't know anyone well enough for my secondary, so I'm going to rely on the Lariat! :lol

CPS2

GAF NAME: UC1
Gamer Tag: CPS2
What service: XBL
Primary Character: Chun-Li
Secondary Character: Gouken

CPS2

TurtleSnatcher said:
Best of 3 Matches
6 rounds per Match.

So for you to win you need to win 6 rounds.

Hope that makes sense.

Sorry but what I think you meant to say is best 3/5 rounds, and best 2/3 games per match.

If you need any help with brackets or anything plz let me know.

So I dug around and found some prizes to give out..

They kinda suck.. But eh its free and we are gamers so we enjoy the random schwag :p

(I don't know why a plethora of it is Blizzard stuff.. must be the stuff from Blizzcon near the top of my drawers of stuff so it was grabbed first)

PS3 Tournament Winner Receives
1) DICE 2009 Laptop Bag
2) Rock Band Drum Head
3) Inflatable Frostmourne from WoW
4) Random Trinkets from Kratos Necklace to Starcraft 2 Wristbands and Pandaren Brewmaster Koozies
5) Copy of Tony Hawk Project 8 (haha)
6) Resident Evil & Resident Evil Apocalypse DVD
7) Special Edition Blizzard WoW Authenticator (RSS Key for your account)
8) WoW Trading Card Game Starter Deck (Heroes of Azeroth)

XB360 Tournament Winner Receives

1) Street Fighter 4 Faceplate/Skin
2) Rock Band Portable Drum Kit
3) Wow Trading Card Game Starter Deck (Heroes of Azeroth)
4) Random Trinkets from Diablo 3 Health or stress balls to Zack & Wiki Puzzles

XB360 list is smaller because SF4 Faceplate/Skin and Rock Band Portable Drum Kit actually have a decent value to them :)

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Ctrl + F = haunts

0 results found

WOOOOOOOOO! I've got a shot, baby!

..and TurtleSnatcher, awesome of you to put this together and actually have prizes to hand out. Completely unnecessary but totally awesome. You're the man.

Enk

makes good threads.
Oh crap I didn't realize this was going on. Kind of a brief sign up session. I would love to participate in the 360 version if there are any drop outs. :)

GAF: Enk
XBL: o ENK o
Primary: Chun-Li
Secondary: Bison

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
prizes? so awesome. I know I can beat haunts, Saqs, A rival, eggo, and n3ss. They're nothing. Glad I made it in because I know that I'm top 3 in the world.

Sorry Turtle, would you please remove my name from the PSN list as my stick just busted in a tournament tonight and I am still waiting on parts from Lizard Lick. My 360 stick is fine however, so I will stay in for that matchup.

rikichi

sounds like fun...

GAF NAME: rikichi
Gamer Tag or PSN Tag: rikichiX
What service (XBL/PSN): PSN
Primary Character: Ryu
Secondary Character: Ken

Enk said:
Oh crap I didn't realize this was going on. Kind of a brief sign up session. I would love to participate in the 360 version if there are any drop outs. :)

GAF: Enk
XBL: o ENK o
Primary: Chun-Li
Secondary: Bison
Enk you can take my space.

UnholySpectacle said:
Sorry Turtle, would you please remove my name from the PSN list as my stick just busted in a tournament tonight and I am still waiting on parts from Lizard Lick. My 360 stick is fine however, so I will stay in for that matchup.

No worries. I have you removed from the PSN List.

And the prizes honestly is like 1/20th of the stuff I get thx to work.

By the way a guy named FindMyFarms who is a jr. member and can't post or something pm'd me to be added to the PSN list. So you will need to PM him if you get paired with him. Or he will need to PM you :p

I will start making brackets tomorrow so hopefully we can start late Sat Night or Sunday.

PSN list still has 4 more slots open for signups.

Top Bottom