• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Street Fighter 4 - PSN & XBL Tournament!

Stantron

TurtleSnatcher, can you clarify something? So if I lose my first set of matches with my primary character, am I forced to pick my secondary character for the second set of elimination matches? ... or I can pick primary for both?

Stantron said:
TurtleSnatcher, can you clarify something? So if I lose my first set of matches with my primary character, am I forced to pick my secondary character for the second set of elimination matches? ... or I can pick primary for both?
You can use whichever character whenever. But it adds some flavor to have another option if you want to fall back on it.

I guess I didn't get in? I posted in the official thread when there was 4 psn slots open :(

The official game thread isn't the official tournament thread though.

FightyF

Banned
I may not be good enough to be very competitive but I'll be able to participate, if there's not enough room that's alright, I'd be willing do a future one as it'll be a couple of weeks before I get my sticks anyways.

FightyF
TerraRhythm
XBL
M. Bison
Cammy

Turtle I suggest making a new XBL Friends of Friends list called GAF SF4 Tourny or something, so we can all join that and it would be near instantaneous to find out matchups through that.

Stantron

FightyF said:
Turtle I suggest making a new XBL Friends of Friends list called GAF SF4 Tourny or something, so we can all join that and it would be near instantaneous to find out matchups through that.
Good idea.

FightyF said:
I may not be good enough to be very competitive but I'll be able to participate, if there's not enough room that's alright, I'd be willing do a future one as it'll be a couple of weeks before I get my sticks anyways.

FightyF
TerraRhythm
XBL
M. Bison
Cammy

I may.. Its a bit of work and you run the situation of some not accepting the invite.

I should have brackets up late tonight.

EDIT: It will probably be up tomorrow.. Sorry. Its taking a few hours to do all of this.. and with some odd numbers and double elim.. its causing my brain to melt.

Brackets are up!

XB360 (Has two pages 1 for Winner Bracket one for Loser Bracket)
http://tinyurl.com/dn9wd8

PS3 (Winner and Loser Brackets all on 1 page)
http://tinyurl.com/cvebdh

These are all by GAF names so please look for their gamer tag in the original post and contact eachother to get your match in. When posting the winner please do it in bold so I can tell which post I should read to update the brackets.

REMEMBER ITS DOUBLE ELIMINATION

XB360 Matchups

1st round match ups

jon bones
vs
Arstal

LostFragment
vs
C- Warrior

Stabby Mcster
vs
Motion Picture Soundtrack

Spooka
vs
Assembly Required

Phaethon0017
vs
LuCkymoON

Archie
vs
Grifter

Son of Godzilla
vs
Ronabo

Ccrook
vs
Timedog

Enk
vs
myDingling

_dementia
vs
Oldschoolgamer

McBradders
vs
plaidtopia

jube3
vs
MIMIC

SuperEnemyCrab
vs
Omar Ismail

BigAT
vs
Vagrant

Lyte Edge
vs
TaKeRx

1st round Bye

ShinAmano
Jirotrom
scissorfight
Rummy Bunnz
Judderman
Denali
hidespyence
Jekki
RubxQub
bobby conover
sonicspear64
DiddyBop
Cynar
Stantron
UC1
Oichi

PS3 Matchups

1st round matchups

captmcblack
vs
slayn

Brobzoid
vs
Baker

Raging Spainiard
vs
Sanjay

Lawblob
vs
FindMyFarms

-Mikey
vs
(Winner of Lawblob vs FindMyFarms)

JEKKI
vs
MoxManiac

EraldoCoil
vs
KillaSasa

dfyb
vs
rikichi

GalaticAE
vs
hwateber

akachan ningen
vs
(Winner of Galatic AE vs hwateber)

evil ways
vs
Chorazin

kiryogi
vs
Teknopathetic

corkscrewblow
vs
Sliced King

Lyte Edge
vs
Darkness Tear

y2dvd
vs
(Winner of Lyte Edge vs DarknessTear)

Yurinka
vs
Guled

Chamber
vs
-COOLIO-

Biff Hardbody
vs
FootNinja

CO_Andy
vs
(Winner of Biff Hardbody vs FootNinja)

Varth
vs
GrayFoxPL

GOOD LUCK!

Varth

Booo! Out of an army of players, I get paired with one of the two Guiles out there? The Guile legacy must continue!

GrayFoxPL, got a friends invite on PSN and an MP incoming.

Cynar said:
aww I got a bye first round :( look forward to the matchups! :D

Me too! I was waiting around all night to see who I'd get matched with, with my only goal being "surviving the first round." Guess now I'm gonna get beaten down by someone who actually had to earn their way to the second round! :(

BigAT

I tried entering Vagrant's tag as it appears in the OP and got, "The gamertag you entered does not exist on Xbox LIVE." I'm assuming he just forgot an R on "Vag4nt", but you might want to clarify/update it.

GrayFoxPL

It's over!

Varth beat me 6 -1 :D

It was awesome experience! He's got great Guile, fear him!

Varth vs GrayFoxPL ------- 6:1

Varth

*tries to stop trembling*

I totally forgot what an effing shaking experience was a tourney. Couldn't use a single combo of the ones I use normally.

Props to GreyFox, a fellow Guile fighter and a sportsman. The end result is lying about his skills.

*tips hat*

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
MMarsu is banned but asked me to sign him up... Is it closed already?

MMarsu NL
MMarsu NL
XBL
not sure on characters

Cynar

catfish said:
MMarsu is banned but asked me to sign him up... Is it closed already?

MMarsu NL
MMarsu NL
XBL
not sure on characters

yeah closed, brackets are already made etc etc

GrayFoxPL

Varth said:
*tries to stop trembling*

I totally forgot what an effing shaking experience was a tourney. Couldn't use a single combo of the ones I use normally.

Props to GreyFox, a fellow Guile fighter and a sportsman. The end result is lying about his skills.

*tips hat*

Thank you. Hats off to you!

Varth is too modest, people. Accurate ex flash kicks, mad pressure and throw game and perfectly timed Ultras is what set us apart. I was so pinned down sometimes that I forgot what to do and went with a "Guile mindflow" ("F**k it! Flash kick!"). :lol

Varth that air throw exchange we did was :lol. I was like: "WTF? Backbreaker? I must get even!" :lol

Btw. Sorry for slow responding. I was only on PS3 and writing with a pad. The brackets showed up so sudden, I didn't expect them for a next day or so.

It was my first ever tournament in any game. The feeling is amazing. What a rush! I'll be signing up for every tournament that shows up.

/cheers for Varth waving Polish-Italian flag!

Vagrant

BigAT said:
I tried entering Vagrant's tag as it appears in the OP and got, "The gamertag you entered does not exist on Xbox LIVE." I'm assuming he just forgot an R on "Vag4nt", but you might want to clarify/update it.

Yep, sorry about that. I should be able to play today or tonight if you want.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Holy shit! Great match Sanjay!

I won 6-2

But yeah, all the rounds were close, great job! I didnt feel very confident at the beginning of that last round, haha, somehow I managed but damn, lets play again soon :)

BigAT said:
Changed in OP .. Thx!

hidepsyence said:
Cool, but my nick is hidePsyence, not hideSpyence, lol ; D

I'm ready to lose!

Changed in spreadsheet... Thx!

****NEW MATCHUP!!!!!******

Grifter vs Stantron

Sanjay

Raging Spainiard vs. Sanjay. Raging Spainiard won 2-0.

Damn, never fealt my heart pound so much for a game. Very strange feeling.

I want MOAR of this. :D

Raging Spaniard said:
Holy shit! Great match Sanjay!

But yeah, all the rounds were close, great job! I didnt feel very confident at the beginning of that last round, haha, somehow I managed but damn, lets play again soon :)

Same here man, all I got to say is "DAMN". Playing tourney games is so much more intense, so much pressure :(

Yeah we should play sometime, would like to play more of your Ryu and improve my Sagat.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Haha .. exciting huh? :p

Remember if you lose .. you are still in! It is double elimination so keep paying attention.

Updated matches up to this post on spreadsheets.

WHAT WHAT.

I just checked the Wiki page for double elimination and I get it now, had no idea.

Raging Spainiard!!! you read this now, I shall have my vengeance* for scarring me!

*highly unlikely

Remember if you lose .. you are still in! It is double elimination so keep paying attention.

Thanks for putting this all together TurtleSnatcher!

McBradders, I sent you a FR -- I'll be on for the next few hours and tomorrow night. I'm PST.

You asked in the official thread though if anyone still wanted in. I figured you would hold a spot until I posted in this thread. Oh well I prob would have lost first round anyway :lol

BlueSummers said:
You asked in the official thread though if anyone still wanted in. I figured you would hold a spot until I posted in this thread. Oh well I prob would have lost first round anyway :lol
???

So I looked back at the posts and you posted 3 posts below mine in that official thread asking people to come over here if they wanted to join. I'm not sure why its so time consuming to come over here and sign up?? Sorry again but that just baffles me.

Ronabo

Ronabo defeated Son of Godzilla (Kater SoG) 8 rounds to 3 rounds. That 3rd match had me worried as SoG seemed to be learning.

Ronabo said:
Ronabo defeated Son of Godzilla (Kater SoG) 6 rounds to 3 rounds. That 3rd match had me worried as SoG seemed to be learning.
Learning my ass. I swear I got knocked out of jump ins 5 times that last round.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
how did I miss this thread when it started? anywho, if signups are still open...

GAF - Tashi0106
XBL - NYSTOFMIND23
Main - Cammy
Secondary - Sakura

Chamber

love on your sleeve
In case I go MIA, it's because I'm currently moving. I should have my internet back sometime today however.

GrayFoxPL

TurtleSnatcher said:

I just read about double elimination.

So I'm still in! :D

Those brackets are insane! Mad props for your hard work man!

I love the Ken mindflow face. :lol

Just a question: When will be the loosers brackeT matches played? As soon as there's a pair created or when everyone looses in the first stage of winners bracket ?

Top Bottom