• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Street Fighter 4 - PSN & XBL Tournament!

GrayFoxPL said:
I just read about double elimination.

So I'm still in! :D

Those brackets are insane! Mad props for your hard work man!

I love the Ken mindflow face. :lol

Just a question: When will be the loosers brackeT matches played? As soon as there's a pair created or when everyone looses in the first stage of winners bracket ?
Soon as the pair is created

Guled said:
TurtleSnatcher, take me out of the 360 tourney, still keep me in the psn one tho
Done.

Alright new matchups and pairings created from latest games.
New Matchups

Oldschoolgamer
vs
Jirotrom

unholyspectacle
vs
Jekki

Ronabo
vs
UC1

Grifter
vs
Stantron

Spooka
vs
Diddybop

Chorazin

Damn!

EvilWays beat Chorazin 3-2

Fucking close at the end! It came down to a sliver of health on his end. Good fucking matches!

Chorazin

TurtleSnatcher said:
Guys remember 6 rounds wins.. So you get an opportunity if you lose to change to your character agst your opponent.

Just a reminder.

Yeah, he did that to me. LOL, Abel is a beast

slayn

needs to show more effort.
captmcblack said:
6-4.

You've got a great crossup with Blanka...teach me :)

when you're blanka, and you get a knockdown, it is orgasmical

I just try to keep a list in my head of things one can do to a downed opponent, and not become predictable:

hop in front (right on top) -> electricity
hop behind -> electricity
hop in front -> throw
hop behind -> throw
j.mk cross up -> lp -> electricity
j.mk cross up -> j.mk cross up again
j.mk cross up -> throw

I also need to mix in his overhead, especially since you can hop inbetween the two hits for even more crossup goodness.

the hope is that after you knock someone down with blanka they don't know what the fuck.

Jube3

MIMIC wins 2-0 vs me XBL tournament

Started off right with a perfect but couldnt finish :( Good guile though mimic. GG

MIMIC

Banned
MIMIC defeated jube3 6-3

Good games, jube. Abel is a nightmare for me. You Perfect'd me in the first round :-/

ETA: How do we format the scoring? :lol By rounds or by matches?

MIMIC said:
MIMIC defeated jube3 6-3

Good games, jube. Abel is a nightmare for me. You Perfect'd me in the first round :-/

ETA: How do we format the scoring? :lol By rounds or by matches?
Doesn't matter.. Either will make sense.. :)

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
ccrook beats timedog 2-0

if anyone plays him, all he does when he picks bison is turtle in the other corner and spam devil's reverse and head stomps. Wish there were more bison's online so i could get better at playing against him :(. I'm still top 5 in the world.

LowParry

Timedog said:
ccrook beats timedog 2-0

if anyone plays him, all he does when he picks bison is turtle in the other corner and spam devil's reverse and head stomps. Wish there were more bison's online so i could get better at playing against him :(. I'm still top 5 in the world.

6 - 0 to be exact. And that's my strategy. I didn't need to put pressure on. GGs!

MIMIC

Banned
Timedog said:
ccrook beats timedog 2-0

I used to have the same problem against Bisons. When he tries the head stomp, if you have room, all you have to do is step backwards. He'll miss and will be completely vulnerable as soon as he touches the ground. Then do yo thang!

LowParry

MIMIC said:
I used to have the same problem against Bisons. When he tries the head stomp, if you have room, all you have to do is step backwards. He'll miss and will be completely vulnerable as soon as he touches the ground. Then do yo thang!
\

Not unless you're cornered :D Not sure what he meant by me being a turtle. All he did was back up. Doing my multiple Devils Reverse is to build up my super meter. It's also made as a mind game.

MIMIC

Banned
CcrooK said:
\

Not unless you're cornered :D Not sure what he meant by me being a turtle. All he did was back up. Doing my multiple Devils Reverse is to build up my super meter. It's also made as a mind game.

I'm usually never cornered by a Bison (the ones I face teleport a lot and I'm usually on offense). But yeah, I'm not sure what to do when in a corner. But I'll figure it out in training mode :)

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
CcrooK said:
6 - 0 to be exact. And that's my strategy. I didn't need to put pressure on. GGs!
Cool. I suck at playing against some characters because no one plays them online. Anyone who is half decent at playing Bison will beat your "strategy" easily, I'm just letting them know what to expect. I'm still a top 5 player on the planet.

LowParry

Timedog said:
Cool. I suck at playing against some characters because no one plays them online. Anyone who is half decent at playing Bison will beat your "strategy" easily, I'm just letting them know what to expect. I'm still a top 5 player on the planet.

Sweet. Let them continue to think that way. -wink wink- I can't tell if you're being sarcasic with that top 5 player on the planet thing. :lol

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
CcrooK said:
Sweet. Let them continue to think that way. -wink wink- I can't tell if you're being sarcasic with that top 5 player on the planet thing. :lol
Sarcastic? I don't even know what that word means! Attack me again if you dare CcrooK!

TurtleSnatcher said:
Timedog you got a bye in the first round of the losers bracket.. since someone withdrew.

So I won my first losers bracket match? Awesome!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Brobzoid - Baker: 6 - 3

GG Baker! You had me worried with your god damn air snatching grab. ;)

Baker

Banned
Good games Brobzoid. You kept letting me win those first matches to fake me into thinking I had a chance. :lol

Balrog's flying headbutt > me.

Edit:
Brobzoid said:
Brobzoid - Baker: 6 - 3

GG Baker! You had me worried with your god damn air snatching grab. ;)
Everytime I did an air grab outside a combo, that was me trying to do an Ultra. I still haven't got used to this stupid square gate joystick. Hehe.

Oldschoolgamer said:
Why hate against someone who turtles? It's a valid strategy. So is the devil's reverse and headstomp shenanigans.
Yes, it's a decent strategy. But charge spamming is even more lame than shoryufuckheads.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Baker said:
Good games Brobzoid. You kept letting me win those first matches to fake me into thinking I had a chance. :lol

Balrog's flying headbutt > me.

Edit:

Everytime I did an air grab outside a combo, that was me trying to do an Ultra. I still haven't got used to this stupid square gate joystick. Hehe.
My next fight is a Blanka, so I guess I'll see you in the Loser Bracket again pretty soon. :p

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Son of Godzilla said:
Yes, it's a decent strategy. But charge spamming is even more lame than shoryufuckheads.

So what? It's far from lame. If it works, it works. That just means you have to come up with a way to beat it.

I'll never get why people complain about shit like that. I could understand if it's cheap. The thing is, it isn't...so...

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
TurtleSnatcher said:
Timedog you got a bye in the first round of the losers bracket.. since someone withdrew.

New Matchup

Ccrook
vs
Oichi

added Ccrook to my friends list.

Ccrook: I live in Japan so if the lag is not good for either of us, I am fine with doing rematches or giving you the match altogether, since it seems I'm the only one from Japan in the tournament, and if I win I'll just have the same problem with other players who aren't on the west coast.

LowParry

Oichi said:
added Ccrook to my friends list.

Ccrook: I live in Japan so if the lag is not good for either of us, I am fine with doing rematches or giving you the match altogether, since it seems I'm the only one from Japan in the tournament, and if I win I'll just have the same problem with other players who aren't on the west coast.

We can do a test match to start to see how it runs then decide from there. I'll be on later I believe.

Lyte Edge beat me 6 - 0. I wasn't really able to play well with the 1 bar connection. Grr! :lol I spent the entire match feeling like I wanted to stab things.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lyte Edge Vs. Darkness Tear (PSN)

Lyte Edge, 6 rounds, Darkness Tear, 0 rounds.

---

Good games Darkness Tear; we had some shitty lag but did well anyway!

Lyte Edge

Darkness if you want to try again and see if it's better if you're hosting, I have no problem wiping the slate clean and doing it again! That was pretty damn bad lag.

Lyte Edge said:
Darkness if you want to try again and see if it's better if you're hosting, I have no problem wiping the slate clean and doing it again! That was pretty damn bad lag.

A win is a win. I wouldn't mind playing with you more when the connection stuff is better though.

Lyte Edge

DarknessTear said:
A win is a win. I wouldn't mind playing with you more when the connection stuff is better though.

Yeah if you want to try hosting, send me an invite!

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
CcrooK said:
We can do a test match to start to see how it runs then decide from there. I'll be on later I believe.

Hm the earliest I can get on is 10PM my time, which is around 8 - 9am your time I think.

Top Bottom