• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Street Fighter 4 - PSN & XBL Tournament!

ShinAmano

I played ENK last night. I was pretty drunk, but my Ryu managed to pull out the wins agsinst his nice Chun Li.

I played him a couple days ago, but he did not have a mic so I thought he was a random so I kept playing random characters (like I always do)...give me a heads up so I know I have to actually pick a character ;)

EraldoCoil said:
messaged captmcblack....still no word
I accepted your friends request and sent you a GAF PM message telling you I'm usually on late and asked when you wanted to play.

Same thing applies. When can you play?

[EDIT: My bad, I thought I PMed you but apparently didn't...but yeah, I'm online latenights EST - like 11pm and later. When can you play?]

Chorazin

MoxManiac said:
Chorazin, looks like we're up next. What would be a good time for you?

AFAIK any time after, say, 7 pm EST tonight would work for me. The GF is sick and sleeping right now, and once she wakes up we need to go shopping, but we'd be back before 7 mos def.

Should be a quick match, if you have 3k BP you'll prolly make quick work out of me. LOL

MoxManiac

Chorazin said:
AFAIK any time after, say, 7 pm EST tonight would work for me. The GF is sick and sleeping right now, and once she wakes up we need to go shopping, but we'd be back before 7 mos def.

Should be a quick match, if you have 3k BP you'll prolly make quick work out of me. LOL

Sounds good. After 7pm EST will be fine. I wouldn't worry about the BP thing, I got killed pretty hard by Jekki in the first round.

Enk

makes good threads.
Great games last night shinamano. It was a really bad night for me fighting wise. I was even loosing to scrubs without wins. I think it's back to the training room for me.

captmcblack said:
I accepted your friends request and sent you a GAF PM message telling you I'm usually on late and asked when you wanted to play.

Same thing applies. When can you play?

[EDIT: My bad, I thought I PMed you but apparently didn't...but yeah, I'm online latenights EST - like 11pm and later. When can you play?]

we'll play a little later tonight or tomorrow night, those would be the best times.

Varth

CO_Andy said:
Gave a Varth a good beating: 6-2.

Never fought a Gen before, so I really didn't know what kind of matchup would be. Pretty close matches, however, and a well earned victory.

Just one thing that you might find of use in the future: Rome is not the capital of Romania -_-

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
turtlesnatcher; I can't find the fight where the loser falls in the C3 bracket in the PS3 tournament. Am I blind or is there a hole in the match-up?

Chorazin

MoxManiac beat Chorazin 2 - 0.

He was so much better than me it was like I just popped in the game and started bashing the joystick with a club.

LuCkymoON

Banned
Archie vs LuCkymoON

Archie wins (7-4)

bleh wtf was I thinking switching to guile in the second match lol???:lol
I made so many mistakes, taking risks with Chun Li's ultra.
Damn blanka has some crazy confusing cross ups!
GG I hope we get to play again in the future.:D

Cynar

CcrooK said:
Can I get a check on who's next on my bracket? I'm on a new comp so I don't have all my updates going yet.

grifter and I are just having a little trouble co-ordinating on our matchup right now :lol hopefully we get it in this weekend and whomever wins you get to fight

*************Brackets Updated*************

Please check for your new matchups from the most recent games.

*****I'm DQing people tomorrow night when I update the brackets so check again tomorrow as lots of things will change.

Anyone in a first round matchup will be DQ'd (Loser or Winner Bracket)***********

If you have been trying to get your opponent to compete with you to no avail then please post now so I can make sure you aren't DQ'd.. This is for the 1st round losers/winners only!!!

Brobzoid said:
turtlesnatcher; I can't find the fight where the loser falls in the C3 bracket in the PS3 tournament. Am I blind or is there a hole in the match-up?
Good catch..

Fixed

Varth

Chorazin said:
MoxManiac beat Chorazin 2 - 0.

He was so much better than me it was like I just popped in the game and started bashing the joystick with a club.

Well, lucky me -_-

Mox, I understand you are on EST timezone, right? It's a 5 hour difference with GMT+1, so we shouldn't have any problem meeting. FR incoming, let me know when you think we can play.

Oh, about the formula: best of 3 matches of 3 rounds is fine with you? We can switch hosting after each match, ok?

the match between me and captmcblack will most likely be held tonight. it's been kinda hard scheduling a time to play due to time differences. but we'll get that done today.

MoxManiac

Varth said:
Well, lucky me -_-

Mox, I understand you are on EST timezone, right? It's a 5 hour difference with GMT+1, so we shouldn't have any problem meeting. FR incoming, let me know when you think we can play.

Oh, about the formula: best of 3 matches of 3 rounds is fine with you? We can switch hosting after each match, ok?

Hey Varth. i'm probably going grocery shopping tonight so anytime before that is okay. I'm on now too, if you want to play now. I don't think it's necessary to switch hosts, is it?

EraldoCoil said:
the match between me and captmcblack will most likely be held tonight. it's been kinda hard scheduling a time to play due to time differences. but we'll get that done today.

I'll be back around 9pm EST and can play anytime after that. Let me know if you can get a game in then!

JEKKI

XBOX LIVE match results!!!

JEKKI vs TaKeRx,

in the Blanka green vs. yellow mirror match!!

JEKKI wins!!

6-3

GGs mang!

Varth

MoxManiac said:
Hey Varth. i'm probably going grocery shopping tonight so anytime before that is okay. I'm on now too, if you want to play now. I don't think it's necessary to switch hosts, is it?

D'oh, missed you by 10 minutes. I have still an hour left before crashtime (wake up @ 5:30, like always -_-). If you can't, we can arrange for tomorrow, same time.

RE: host
If connection's good there will be no need for switching I guess.

MoxManiac

Varth said:
D'oh, missed you by 10 minutes. I have still an hour left before crashtime (wake up @ 5:30, like always -_-). If you can't, we can arrange for tomorrow, same time.

RE: host
If connection's good there will be no need for switching I guess.

Are you on now? I still have time.

MoxManiac

MoxManiac vs. Varth

MoxManiac wins 6-2 (i think)

Great use of guile's ultra, varth. You got me with that so many times! Although it seems really touchy; if it doesn't connect just right it seems a good chunk of the damage misses. Capcom really needs to improve the hitboxes on it.

Varth

MoxManiac said:
MoxManiac vs. Varth

MoxManiac wins 6-2 (i think)

Great use of guile's ultra, varth. You got me with that so many times! Although it seems really touchy; if it doesn't connect just right it seems a good chunk of the damage misses. Capcom really needs to improve the hitboxes on it.

Great match. That combo setup for juggle Ultra is deadly.

You're spot on about Guile's Ultra. Great move, but difficult to connect correctly, and impossible to setup in any way other than a crumple focus. You basically have to wait for an error from your enemy, so it's not as useful as other ultras.

However, really good Rufus (with a hideous coiffure ^^'). I have to use him more.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Both of my bracket opponent slots are still empty. I take it just keep on waiting until "clean up" tomorrow?

Eraldo_Coil Defeats Captmcblack

3-1, 3-2

amazing games man!!! you had me sweating a few near the end!!!! :D

and now ......Killa Sasa, I'm coming for my revenge!!!!!!

TurtleSnatcher said:
*************Brackets Updated*************

Please check for your new matchups from the most recent games.

*****I'm DQing people tomorrow night when I update the brackets so check again tomorrow as lots of things will change.

Anyone in a first round matchup will be DQ'd (Loser or Winner Bracket)***********

If you have been trying to get your opponent to compete with you to no avail then please post now so I can make sure you aren't DQ'd.. This is for the 1st round losers/winners only!!!

Good catch..

Fixed

Me and sliced king are trying to find a good time to play. It's only been three days since I played my first match so we haven't had much time.

akachan ningen said:
Me and sliced king are trying to find a good time to play. It's only been three days since I played my first match so we haven't had much time.
Okay. I will keep your bracket up until you guys settle this.. at least you guys are trying some havent posted in days.

***********BRACKETS UPDATED***********

MASSIVE CHANGES TO THE PS3 LISTS DUE TO DISQUALIFICATIONS!!

Please check your new pairings.

SOME CHANGES TO 360 LOSER BRACKET!! PLEASE CHECK NEW MATCHUPS!

Thanks!

EraldoCoil said:

3-1, 3-2

Good. I'll be waiting :D

Tuesday probably works better for me, going from Uni to work all day tomorrow :(.
And besides, I have to get revenge on you for bludgeoning me in Killzone.

EraldoCoil said:

3-1, 3-2

That keep-away game you have with Rose is awesome; I've never seen her played like that before. Fucked up my rushdown/crossup game but good. :)

Let's play again soon!

Sorry!

I'm forfeiting because I didn't have enough money to pay on my gamefly account. Sorry everyone. :(

A bunch of stuff happened and this was really unforseen. Jobs have been lost. D:

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
DarknessTear said:
Sorry!

I'm forfeiting because I didn't have enough money to pay on my gamefly account. Sorry everyone. :(

A bunch of stuff happened and this was really unforseen. Jobs have been lost. D:
damn, sorry about job. I'm currently on my last month of being able to pay for my apartment, so I feel your pain. :\

But this means I advance on walk-over to fight Raging Spaniard . You out there Mr. Spain? >:I

Hey me and Jon Bones were DQ'ed?! I've been posting on the thread and we've been PM'ing but haven't gotten a chance, plus it's our second round and we already did our first so we're definitely still in it...

evil ways

M(3-1) e(1-3) e(1-3)

evil ways beat Mikey.

Awesome set of games, very close. You're one of the reasons why I hate Boxer, he's a beast.

myDingling said:
Hey me and Jon Bones were DQ'ed?! I've been posting on the thread and we've been PM'ing but haven't gotten a chance, plus it's our second round and we already did our first so we're definitely still in it...

You guys need to be a bit more quick on this crap..

your last post on this thread was freaking 4 days ago saying the match was going to happen that evening.

I also said...

Read it again.. "LOSER OR WINNER BRACKET" in those first rounds would be DQ'd. Obviously a first round matchup in Losers bracket would be someones second round if they were eliminated in the first round.

If nothing is posted tonight then Ronabo moves through and so do the people in the corresponding loser bracket.

This is getting insane.. you guys are only 1 of 2 groups to not even compete in the loser bracket.. that means 6 other groups went ahead and many of those went through even beyond that..

Not to mention its taking you two.. eight days to even get a 2nd round game in? COME ON!

Just to let everyone know, my ps3 stopped working. Whoever I have on my next match, I'll be playing under a different psn tag, just don't know which one just yet.

Top Bottom