• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Street Fighter 4 - PSN & XBL Tournament!

Great games. I screamed out "FUCK" when we were 1-1 and I lost the first round of our tie breaker. We both had no energy and I thought I could pull it off. That was really fun.

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Stabby McSter beats McBradders.

GG's man! Really enjoyed them, lots of back and forth and JEBUS they were close as hell.

Congrats :)

captmcblack said:
So I get Eraldo Coil next?

Okay, then; let's set up a time and get it poppin'. :)

Yeah go for it. The sooner you two fight the better. I need to get back in arena after my shameful showing last time.

I'm going to blaze through this Loser's Bracket :D

Killa Sasa said:
Yeah go for it. The sooner you two fight the better. I need to get back in arena after my shameful showing last time.

I'm going to blaze through this Loser's Bracket :D
I'm gunning for you sasa, I want my rematch rose wants revenge :D

Judderman

drawer by drawer
I sent my opponent (Omar Ismail) a message on XBL to try to schedule our match but I haven't recieved a reply. So I'm just posting here in hopes of getting a response.

Chorazin

Chorazin defeated LawBlob 2-0

Good match man! Keep up with Ken, but don't Shoryuken on wake up so much, it's easy to punish on a block or miss.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Arstal over C-Warrior

1st Set: 3-0
2nd Set: 3-1 (double KO)

Question- what happens with draw games- replay set?

BTW: nice Boxer- and you should have won more rounds. Had some luck this time.

I just updated both brackets

Alot happened so thanks to everyone. Also thanks to those being proactive and checking for their next matchups after they finished their previous games. If I missed something please contact me.

So much has happened so please refer to the brackets on the 1st post to see who your new matchup is!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lyte Edge Vs. Stantron (Losers' Bracket Match)

Match 1

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Chun (Stan); 3-1

Match 2

Cammy (Lyte) Vs. Chun (Stan); 3-0

Lyte Edge- 6
Stantron- 1

---

I really, really enjoyed those matches, Stantron! Fun playing another Chun-Li user...hope we can play again later! :D

Stantron

GGs, Lyte Edge.
Yeah, Chun v Chun is a lot of fun. Always cool to learn from a skilled person's style.
I'm down for more games too.

Wait a minute, Slayn lost :O???

- A new challenger has entered the ring!

I don't know how I feel about my odds anymore :lol

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Judderman Vs. Omar Ismail (Winners' Bracket Match)

Match 1

Boxer (Judderman) Vs. Abel (Ismail); 3-2

Match 2

Boxer (Judderman) Vs. CAbel (Ismail); 3-1

Judderman- 6
Omar Ismail- 3

--

GG's to Omar, those were some close games, good luck in the rest of the tourney! :D

slayn

needs to show more effort.
FindMyfarms and I have played quite a few matches outside of the tournament. He wins around 60%

My excuse is that Boxer has the advantage over Blanka ;)
(It has to be true because I don't have any other good excuses)

GalacticAE vs. AkachanNingen

GalacticAe wins. But damn was it close. I was yelling so loud at the TV when I got hit by Blanka's ultras. I really had to punish at every opportunity to win. Blanka isn't an easy matchup for boxer. GGs

I guess I have to wait for the DFYB v. Rikichi match to see who I play next. Whoever wins, shoot me a pm or a message on PSN and let me know when a good time to play is.

Looking at the bracket, I think my matchup with Mimic isn't gonna work -- didn't he pull out due to RROD a page or two back?

Mileena

Banned
corkscrewblow vs. Lyte Edge

1st match: Lyte 3 > 1 corkscrew
2nd match: Lyte 1 < 3 corkscrew (I think?)
3rd match: Lyte 0 < 2 corkscrew

GGs that was fucking intense.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lyte Edge Vs. CorkScrewBlow (PSN)

Match 1

Chun (Lyte) Vs. Boxer (Cork); 3-1

Match 2

Same; 1-3

Match 3

Cammy (Lyte) Vs. Boxer (Cork); 0-2

CorkScrew Blow wins! 6-4 I'm off to the losers' bracket on both systems now! :lol

---

Man, that was a HEATED battle...fucking rocked!! I think I should have stuck with Chun in that last match, you got me GOOD! :lol

I am loving this tournament.

TaKeRx

hidepsyence said:
Still waiting ._.
Sorry, I've been extremely busy this week. You sent me a FR? I didn't get it and I pmed you too? hmmm

EDIT: Yea, never got it. I sent u an FR just now.(shinwa it)

Jube3

Me and JJ squawkers will get our game in tonight or tommorow. I missed him while he was on but im back on a normal work sched so ill be on during the night.

Jube3

Just played GAF: bobbyconover
Lost 2-0

Blankas too tough a match for me, Im not smart enough for it lol. Electricity just destroys me. GG squawker

Jube3 said:
Just played GAF: bobbyconover
Lost 2-0

Blankas too tough a match for me, Im not smart enough for it lol. Electricity just destroys me. GG squawker

Good games! Honestly, if it weren't for the electricity I think you would've destroyed me. Every time we got close you beat me out nicely in the hand-to-hand combat. Just always always remember to think twice before jumping on top of a Blanka!

slayn said:
FindMyfarms and I have played quite a few matches outside of the tournament. He wins around 60%

My excuse is that Boxer has the advantage over Blanka ;)
(It has to be true because I don't have any other good excuses)

Dude, let's get more casuals in!

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Going to drop out, and give andy a pass. I have been really busy lately, and I don't like the obligation. Sorry for wasting peoples time, and consider yourselves lucky. :p

GAF NAME bdizzle
Gamer Tag or PSN Tag XBL: sir long meat PSN: longmeat
What service (XBL/PSN) both
Primary Character: Abel
Secondary Character: Ryu

when's the next tourny scheduled?

bdizzle said:
GAF NAME bdizzle
Gamer Tag or PSN Tag XBL: sir long meat PSN: longmeat
What service (XBL/PSN) both
Primary Character: Abel
Secondary Character: Ryu

when's the next tourny scheduled?

We should do it right after this one. If turtlesnatcher doesn't want to run it again, anyone else who wants to do it can set it up whenever they want.

Judderman said:
Judderman Vs. Omar Ismail (Winners' Bracket Match)
GG's to Omar, those were some close games, good luck in the rest of the tourney! :D

Damn you JUDDERMAAAAAAAAN!
You better win the entire thing now! :)

You did a great job nullifying a lot of my Abel's tactics. Without my roll I'm nothing. Even my EX-Wheel Kick was denied.

akachan ningen said:
We should do it right after this one. If turtlesnatcher doesn't want to run it again, anyone else who wants to do it can set it up whenever they want.

how long until this one is over? i think im gonna start recording my matches this weekend. i wanna see where i can improve.

bdizzle said:
how long until this one is over? i think im gonna start recording my matches this weekend. i wanna see where i can improve.

At the rate it's going now... I'd say at least two weeks. I guess we could start it while this one's in the semi-finals. There's no sense in everyone waiting around while just four people go at it.

Takerx vs. hidepsyence : Takerx win 6-2

great blanka, i'll train and hope to challange you in the next tournament or something ; D

TaKeRx

hidepsyence said:
Takerx vs. hidepsyence : Takerx win 6-2

great blanka, i'll train and hope to challange you in the next tournament or something ; D
Thanks, and lol we shall face again.

CO_Andy

FootNinja's bailing out of the race; claims he'll be too busy for the next couple days.

I haven't challenged anybody yet! I just wanna hand out the whoopings or get my ass beat. Either will be fine at this point :(

Mileena

Banned
I'm going to be in Tampa till Thursday. Does this auto DQ me or can I play my next match when I get back? Not sure who I'm even playing yet since I just played Lyte last night.

Varth

CO_Andy said:
FootNinja's bailing out of the race; claims he'll be too busy for the next couple days.

I haven't challenged anybody yet! I just wanna hand out the whoopings or get my ass beat. Either will be fine at this point :(

Well, sir, you'll soon have a friend request on PSN answering your prayers ^^
I'm on GMT+1 (Rome), and my weekend just started, so let's do it.

arstal said:
Arstal over C-Warrior

1st Set: 3-0
2nd Set: 3-1 (double KO)

Question- what happens with draw games- replay set?

BTW: nice Boxer- and you should have won more rounds. Had some luck this time.

No, you won em'. A few rounds were close but it was my fault for not picking up on the sumo-stomp cross-up --> m.p --> tick throw. I never played a Honda, I just didn't know what to do.

****BRACKETS UPDATED****

CHECK FOR NEW MATCHUPS!

Some people pulled out so you may have gotten free byes and now have matchups.. Please check first post for brackets.

plaidtopia said:
Looking at the bracket, I think my matchup with Mimic isn't gonna work -- didn't he pull out due to RROD a page or two back?
If you can PM him and have him post here then I will move you up.

CcrooK said:
Can I get a check on who's next on my bracket? I'm on a new comp so I don't have all my updates going yet.
Cynar or Grifter.. they gotta play first.

corkscrewblow said:
I'm going to be in Tampa till Thursday. Does this auto DQ me or can I play my next match when I get back? Not sure who I'm even playing yet since I just played Lyte last night.

Check with Teknopathetic who is your next opponent

Top Bottom