• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Street Fighter 4 - PSN & XBL Tournament!

yurinka said:
Sadly he can't play now. :(
Sadly it should mean he's disqualified.
Or can we face other people from our similiar time zones (he's from EST and I'm GMT+1)?
I'll give it another day.

I'm not going to pair people up with timezones.. thats now how random seeding works.

Rummy Bunz said:
I beat Timedog this morning. I think it was 6-3.

Brackets were messed up and I fixed them.. I posted that like 24 hours before you posted.. did you see your not agst TimeDog now? Sorry about that.. Time and you are both still in

*********NEW MATCHUPS***********

XB360 Matchups

New Winner Bracket Matchups

Cynar
vs
Grifter

Arstal
vs
RubxQub

New Loser Bracket Matchups

mydingling
vs
jon bones

Lyte Edge
vs
Stantron

Archie
vs
LuCkymoON

jube3 (Won last round due to withdrawal of opponent)
vs
bobby conovoer

PS3 Matchups

New Winner Bracket Matchups

CO_Andy
vs
FootNinja

Eraldo Coil
vs
Biff Hardbody

Matches that I posted yesterday that still need to happen

Winner Bracket Matches XB360

Enk
vs
ShinAmano

Oldschoolgamer
vs
Jirotrom

plaidtopia
vs
scissorfight

Omar Ismail
vs
Judderman

TaKeRx
vs
hidepsyence

Motion Picture Soundtrack
vs
sonicspear64

Loser Bracket Matches XB360

_dementia
vs
Lost Fragment

Stabby Mcster
vs
McBradders

Phaethon0017
vs
SuperEnemyCrab

Winner Bracket Matches PS3

FindMyFarms
vs
-Mikey-

dfyb
vs
rikichi

GalaticAE
vs
hwateber

corkscrewblow
vs
Lyte Edge

Yurinka
vs
Guled

Chamber
vs
-COOLIO-

Loser Bracket Matches PS3

Chorazin
vs
LawBlob

Sanjay
vs
y2dvd

Baker
vs
kiryogi

CcrooK said:
-waits- I think it's close to DQ time.
Agreed. Thankfully your branch of the bracket is progressing well and your opponent should be done shortly :)

FYI

Disqualifications start tomorrow!!! Post up if you are making an attempt and the other person isn't trying.. If two sides are conflicting then please negotiate on a time or one will need to concede or I can force both to concede

If you don't agree with then that then tough luck. Its the internet and you will face people from across the earth amazingly and if your schedule is that jam packed then it may haven't been a good idea to sign up for a tourney!

(Yea.. I'm harsh) :D

TurtleSnatcher said:

jube3 (Won last round due to withdrawal of opponent)
vs
bobby conovoer

Wait, I have only lost to one guy.. Doesn't double elimination mean I get another shot in the main tournament before I'm knocked out? Or am I understanding it wrong?

bobbyconover said:
Wait, I have only lost to one guy.. Doesn't double elimination mean I get another shot in the main tournament before I'm knocked out? Or am I understanding it wrong?

Yeah, it just means you're on the loser's side, make it all the way through the loser side, and you face the winner of the winner's side (you gotta beat em twice) -- you'll face the loser of the championship match on the winner's side before this IIRC.

Killa Sasa said:
Yeah, it just means you're on the loser's side, make it all the way through the loser side, and you face the winner of the winner's side (you gotta beat em twice) -- you'll face the loser of the championship match on the winner's side before this IIRC.

Gotcha, thanks for explaining! (I've never been in any kind of tournament before. :)

akachan ningen said:
I wanna play a match sometime in this century. Some people are on round three and I'm still on round negative one. :lol

Careful what you wish for! GalacticAE has a beastly Boxer :p

TurtleSnatcher said:
Brackets were messed up and I fixed them.. I posted that like 24 hours before you posted.. did you see your not agst TimeDog now? Sorry about that.. Time and you are both still in
You didn't really fix them because I'm not listed on any of the revised brackets.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
_dementia wins. Fatality.

Sorry it took a bit longer than I expected to hop on Live, btw. Unexpected shit hit the fan yesterday.

Chorazin

Lawblob and I are now friends, but apparently I missed him by 26 minutes last night. I'll be on the PS3 tonight after 9:30 PM waiting for our match. :)

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Still waiting on Jirotrom. He said his internet was going to be down for a couple of days, at the beginning of this week.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Arstal > RubxQub

6 to 1

Dude's got a mean Honda, prepare to eat FAT MAN ASS! :lol

Rummy Bunnz said:
You didn't really fix them because I'm not listed on any of the revised brackets.
For fricks sakes.. Quit being a dickhead? I swear.. I said sorry about the matchup and I DID FIX IT. (Sorry I had to explode.. ! :))

YOU ARE ON THE LOSER BRACKET.. ITS ON THE SECOND SHEET OF THE XBOX BRACKET.

v7fn01.jpg

evil ways said:
Hey Turtle am I in queue for the next losers bracket?

You are in F2 of the Losers Bracket for PS3. Its a few rounds in so you have to wait a bit probably.

Denali said:
Sorry if you didn't catch my post earlier in the thread.

Vagrant vs. Denali

Vagrant won both rounds, 6-0.

I did.. Just didn't delete it off that recap. Thanks for the headsup!

Scissorfight and I pitted our Sagats against one another and it went down to the wire:

3-1, 2-3, 3-2

I won, but just by a hair. Great games, Scissorfight -- I look forward to future matches!

i usually hate mirror matches, but these ended up being a lot of fun, plaidtopia. very close.

as predicted, on to the loser bracket i go :lol

Enk

makes good threads.
I think my match with shinamano may take a bit longer. He seemed to have forgotten about the tourney. I invited him to my lobby today thinking he knew I was his opponent but he kept choosing different characters. We were evenly matched. I won 3 and he won 3 (most going into the 5th round). He sent me a message stating he didn't know who I was but good matches. Hopefully I can fight him sometime on Friday.

hwateber

Yeah GalacticAE took it. :D
GGs man, I play boxer most of the time but I don't know of anybody else that plays him so I actually have no clue what to do against him most of the time. I think I got too impatient and rushed in too much :lol I haven't played Zangief in almost two weeks and I kept messing up my SPD motions and doing jumping jab haha.

Baker

Banned
kiryogi said:
Dude, I was happy to face an Abel. Good match and all.

kiryogi 6, baker 4 i think?

Yeah, something like that. It was 3-1, then 5-4, then you whooped my ass the last match. I knew I was becoming extremely predictable but I had no idea how to play against Chun.

It was pretty damn sneaky how she could bait you with those slow fireballs.

kiryogi

Banned
Baker said:
Yeah, something like that. It was 3-1, then 5-4, then you whooped my ass the last match. I knew I was becoming extremely predictable but I had no idea how to play against Chun.

It was pretty damn sneaky how she could bait you with those slow fireballs.

Haha yeah, her light kikouken is fantastic for zoning. That match you won was pretty damn close tho. So intense XD

GrayFoxPL

So, in the loosers bracket I'll be playing hwateber, it seems. I'm GMT+1 and he's GMT-8, so I assume it'll be near impossible, but we'll try. World Warriors indeed. :lol

hwateber what do you think?

TurtleSnatcher said:
For fricks sakes.. Quit being a dickhead? I swear.. I said sorry about the matchup and I DID FIX IT. (Sorry I had to explode.. ! :))

YOU ARE ON THE LOSER BRACKET.. ITS ON THE SECOND SHEET OF THE XBOX BRACKET.

v7fn01.jpg
Dude, I don't have Excel installed. I have to upload the damn XLS to google documents if I wanna read it. When I do I just get a bunch of cells with no connecting lines that only vaguely look like brackets. That's a whole lot more work than simply reading the posts detailing the matchups, and I was not on any of those revised lists. And you don't even mention checking the spreadsheet in any of your posts so...I'm not blind so much as I didn't think to jump through all those hoops to find out what my next match is? Jeez.

If you can take screenshots of the brackets why not just do that in the first place? Save yourself some typing.

Rummy Bunnz said:
Dude, I don't have Excel installed. I have to upload the damn XLS to google documents if I wanna read it. When I do I just get a bunch of cells with no connecting lines that only vaguely look like brackets. That's a whole lot more work than simply reading the posts detailing the matchups, and I was not on any of those revised lists. And you don't even mention checking the spreadsheet in any of your posts so...I'm not blind so much as I didn't think to jump through all those hoops to find out what my next match is? Jeez.

If you can take screenshots of the brackets why not just do that in the first place? Save yourself some typing.

Because the brackets are damn long and I don't want to go through the process of resaving images 5-10 images and uploading crap to Tinypic

If you are going to complain about something as generic as EXCEL then you run your own tournament.. Its a pretty painstaking process I've learned ..

And you don't even mention checking the spreadsheet in any of your posts

Wow I say I update brackets all the time.. Hell even the second line in the thread says...

"Tournament Brackets - Updated frequently"

With links to each of the brackets.. How is that not obvious?

Anyways...

I will have brackets updated again this afternoon after work. Thanks guys for getting through these matches.. Should I begin DQing people tonight? I may for those first rounders because its been so long.. probably not for the ones that are in the 2nd round at least or in the 1st round of the losers bracket.

Top Bottom