• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafbats Season 2: This time its poor.

Timedog said:
I need to get used to this new seimitsu stick. So many fireballs turned into nonsensical forward jumps.

Nah, I beat your Guile once. That matchup is bad, but becomes even worse for Ryu in bad lag. I have no excuse for losing to your Honda, other than no one really playing him online. If I knew we were going to be posting numbers on GAF for bragging rights I'd have played more serious.

yea I think Guile got beat. It must have been a sliver of life that you won.
I know you are not free Timedog, but you were calling out PSN side >:D

Hope to play you some other time when my connection are not during busy hours =D

the_log_ride said:
I challenge you to a FT5. I was bummed I didn't get matched up against you at some point during the ranbats.

/grudgematch begin

FT5?

I will teach all comers the true power of Turkish Wrestling!

Sunday night might be best. Or during the week. I need to troubleshoot my stick. :'(

Satyamdas

Banned
God's Beard said:
I missed like the last 4 games because I was banned and nobody in IRC would post on gaf for me.
What a lying scumbag. The only thing you asked anyone to post was some stupid UMvC3 shit that no one cares about. Last time I checked, being banned on GAF doesn't prevent you from sending messages via XBL. Stay free, scrub! ^_^

Satyamdas said:
What a lying scumbag. The only thing you asked anyone to post was some stupid UMvC3 shit that no one cares about. Last time I checked, being banned on GAF doesn't prevent you from sending messages via XBL. Stay free, scrub! ^_^
I don't have XBL... and PSN is confusing as fuck. Still, none of my opponents messaged me either, or came into the IRC.

Satyamdas said:

All this tells me is troll GAF > theory fighter GAF. :D

I only missed one match, and honestly I could have burned some more calories other than calling out Wahpages in this thread; but he's such a colossal douche sandwich that shaming him and getting those Freeyu points wasn't a priority.

Satyamdas

Banned
God's Beard said:
I don't have XBL... and PSN is confusing as fuck. Still, none of my opponents messaged me either, or came into the IRC.
If you can't figure out how to send messages on PSN, how the fuck do you tie your shoes and remember to breathe every day? :|

Satyamdas said:
If you can't figure out how to send messages on PSN, how the fuck do you tie your shoes and remember to breathe every day? :|
No, I mean PSN gafchat. It bothers me. That and for some reason PSN always says I have new messages even when I've already read them.

Anyway, I got 8 points. Yay

The Take Out Bandit said:
FT5?

I will teach all comers the true power of Turkish Wrestling!

Sunday night might be best. Or during the week. I need to troubleshoot my stick. :'(

FT5, 10, whatever's clever. Sunday night. I'll be online.

Imm0rt4l

God's Beard said:
No, I mean PSN gafchat. It bothers me. That and for some reason PSN always says I have new messages even when I've already read them.

Anyway, I got 8 points. Yay
cuz you never entered gafchat.

kiryogi

Banned
Cloudius12 said:
TTOB did way better than expected. Nice.
Mostly because I was dumb with Ibuki in the first 2 times. I came back even meaner with each confrontation before I finally got revenge.

reposting from ssf4 thread

So went to vancouver street battle and got some good games in.

Lost to sagat in singles, beat 3 guys just to get back to him in losers. Ultimately I knew I wouldnt win, and playing on xbox is way different than ps3 ( note:not better, different) but i earned some love and respect from the crowd. When i learned I was playing sagat again I for hype and started yelling at him about the salty runback. The Chinese guys saw a big ass white boy like me getting hype and knew shit was going down.

Anyways long story short I might retire for at least a bit. But i go out with my head held high.

Cloudius12 said:
TTOB did way better than expected. Nice.

Thank you sir.

While I continue to fail at pattern recognition with hikaru's Ibuki; I was rather surprised to end up where I did, even if it isn't Top 10. :p

Apologies to Tansut. He completely should have destroyed me in our matches. I don't know how I managed to defeat him. @_@

kiryogi said:
Mostly because I was dumb with Ibuki in the first 2 times. I came back even meaner with each confrontation before I finally got revenge.

I'm not even going to cop out with excuses for those last matches. Just be pleased it played out the way it did. ;)

I need to raise some funds to get that new Hori RAP.

Degen

Beef:

Best Hawk...

I have that.

FT5...

>_>

<_<

I want that.

iQ6ou02shkXUZ.gif

but I'm not a rapper.

Good games log ride.

I picked up an HRAP tonight because my old stick keeps losing it's shit at random; and well - even with an HRAP the input assist on this game still makes the game massively not fun to play. Why would you ruin the input system on a series so badly?

Every single time you see me grabbing jack shit across the screen - that's a whiffed Oil Slide. The real rub here is that I used to do my 360 motions BACKWARDS. Now I've tested this on AE and the stupid assist (GET RID OF IT) triggers when you rotate forward, but not backwards. lololol

F*ck this game. F*ck Dimps. F*ck Ono in his bad dye jobbed ass. F*ck Crapcom.

That's ignoring the hideous graphics, the annoying remixed music, clunky combo happy game play, and just the desperate attempt to re-sell me the nostalgia of Street Fighter 2 in a feces stained 3D package.

Feels bad man.

I'm bending over and clenching my ankles for SNK, SEGA, and Arc System Works to run a train on my keister.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
GAF Live > PSN. Sorry.

Saty > Log Ride
Kumabear > Notwork
Threi > Ploid
DBJ > Onion
Vex > Edgeward
Eva > Floyd
Jlai > Rockwell
UglyassGreg > Xeno
Anybody > Degen

The Take Out Bandit said:
Good games log ride.

I picked up an HRAP tonight because my old stick keeps losing it's shit at random; and well - even with an HRAP the input assist on this game still makes the game massively not fun to play. Why would you ruin the input system on a series so badly?

Every single time you see me grabbing jack shit across the screen - that's a whiffed Oil Slide. The real rub here is that I used to do my 360 motions BACKWARDS. Now I've tested this on AE and the stupid assist (GET RID OF IT) triggers when you rotate forward, but not backwards. lololol

F*ck this game. F*ck Dimps. F*ck Ono in his bad dye jobbed ass. F*ck Crapcom.

That's ignoring the hideous graphics, the annoying remixed music, clunky combo happy game play, and just the desperate attempt to re-sell me the nostalgia of Street Fighter 2 in a feces stained 3D package.

Feels bad man.

I'm bending over and clenching my ankles for SNK, SEGA, and Arc System Works to run a train on my keister.

Damn man, we didn't even make it to 10. :(

This holiday season, I'm gonna fix my stupid POS 360.

then get bodied by 360 sf gaf

Kadey said:
GAF Live > PSN. Sorry.

Saty > Log Ride
Kumabear > Notwork
Threi > Ploid
DBJ > Onion
Vex > Edgeward
Eva > Floyd
Jlai > Rockwell
UglyassGreg > Xeno
Anybody > Degen

Does this mean me > jdub, though? I've got the most points of any Ibuki on the list. ;)

the_log_ride said:
Damn man, we didn't even make it to 10. :(

This holiday season, I'm gonna fix my stupid POS 360.

then get bodied by 360 sf gaf

Oh hell.

I thought we were doing Hakan vs. Fei until whatever (the FT10 was still something I did not grok). That's why I started switching off. :X

But seriously, input assist on *this game* - not SF2, not 3S, not KoF, not any fighter predating SF4, or any non-Capcom fighter after gives me input fits like this. I don't have an issue with losing at all.

However my heat gauge overloads when my inputs are getting screwed by software with easily punishable stuff. That's why I started throwing out random pokes etc. :\

I'm down for SF2/3S any time you're interested if you play those.

Kadey said:
GAF Live > PSN. Sorry.

Saty > Log Ride
Kumabear > Notwork
Threi > Ploid
DBJ > Onion
Vex > Edgeward
Eva > Floyd
Jlai > Rockwell
UglyassGreg > Xeno
Anybody > Degen

GAF Triple Threat(PSN, Xbox Live, GFWL)

Rice Eater > Everybody(unless I'm mistaken, I'm the only one that plays on all 3 platforms).

Imm0rt4l

Kadey said:
GAF Live > PSN. Sorry.

Saty > Log Ride
Kumabear > Notwork
Threi > Ploid
DBJ > Onion
Vex > Edgeward
Eva > Floyd
Jlai > Rockwell
UglyassGreg > Xeno
Anybody > Degen
you should joing the gfaqs chat on psn, their are killers in there. There are a few solid psn gaffers, but the gfaqs is where I actually come across pros.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Rice-Eater said:
GAF Triple Threat(PSN, Xbox Live, GFWL)

Rice Eater > Everybody(unless I'm mistaken, I'm the only one that plays on all 3 platforms).

I play on PSN, XBL, GFWL, and even on the 3DS SSF4.

Imm0rt4l said:
you should joing the gfaqs chat on psn, their are killers in there. There are a few solid psn gaffers, but the gfaqs is where I actually come across pros.

Can you send me an invite to that? I've heard you post this several times; It sounds like a good challenge.

Imm0rt4l said:

is this the "gfaqs ssf4 casual lounge" or something like that?

Top Bottom