• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafbats Season 2: This time its poor.

Because of timezones and stuff I don't think my match with Pookmunki will be able to happen unless there's a miracle tomorrow or something =/

eissan

I didnt get my match in vex over the weekend and used up my last 48 hour card so unless someone has an extra code they can PM me I will have to forfeit the final match.

Sorry!

The Take Out Bandit said:
Gah - sorry Hikaru. I've been keeping an eye out for you in IRC, but haven't seen you on when I'm around.

We need to do this tomorrow.

Sorry to keep you waiting man. :(

Hey, free points are free points. Doesn't matter when they arrive.

I was in IRC most of the weekend except for a small part of Saturday.

hikarutilmitt said:
Hey, free points are free points. Doesn't matter when they arrive.

WHY YOU!

I was in IRC most of the weekend except for a small part of Saturday.

DAMN IT!

Sorry man, I've been so stressed out with work and after side work lately that I completely forgot our play date.

I'm on IRC and awaiting your challenge.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Relix vs Jdub
2-0
2-1

I pulled out a random Ultra that worked on the first match and an unbelievable comeback in Match 2. Perfect for perhaps some of my last proper SF matches. GGs Jdub and ggs everyone. Thanks Akuma!

Imm0rt4l

Onion_Relish said:
Hycran v Godhand04
2-1
0-2
0-2

Really more than anything else i'm disappointed. yeah...
As a gouken player I get that feeling everytime I play, every other match I play is a stupid one. I'm not a masochist, so I opt out of playing ssf4 and gouken lately so I'm sure that makes matters worse for me. ggs anyways, no idea what the lag was all about in that first game, Jesus that was bad.

kiryogi

Banned
Looks like this week is a forfeit for me. Haven't been on my ps3 in the last few days, although I don't see any attempts from the other party on here either (forums) I won't be able to make the midnight deadline.

edit: technically if aedile doesnt show for his match he might recieve a -1 thus making chaotix the winner. And of course, kevo huevo can go 2-0, 2-0 to become neogafs champion. Would love to spectate that shit.

fyi aedile won.

0-2
1-2

congrats. i wanted to give him the honor of posting the results first..but he didnt. just wanted to get it reported.

Aedile

Well, I'm reporting 3 minutes after deadline, so I'll leave it up to Kuma to enforce the rules as he sees fit.

PS3 Gafbat:

HyperboreanExile vs kevo_huevo

2-0
2-1

EDIT: Beaten! And I totally forgot about reporting, Kevo. Got wrapped up in those casuals.

PSN TOP 8

Grand Master: Aedile
Master: Chaotix
3rd place troll character
only people who play T.Hawk don't consider him a troll
: Professor Beef
Tied for 4th: Hycran, Godhand
tied for 6th: Vulva, Cloudius

Thanks for letting me in the tournament last second Kuma. I think I did pretty well as a last second entrant Kappa.

:mad:

I know I would have played higher if not for certain conditions.

Grand Master: Aedile Bison
Master: Chaotix Dudley
3rd place troll character: Professor Beef T. Hawk
Tied for 4th: Hycran Bison, Godhand Gouken
tied for 6th: Vulva Chunli, Cloudius Gen

My Hawk isn't a troll character!
LLShC.gif

Also, I totally had pegged Immortal to win it all. At least I placed higher than he did. And Degen of course is GAF's Worst Hawk.

Imm0rt4l

Professor Beef said:
My Hawk isn't a troll character!
LLShC.gif

Also, I totally had pegged Immortal to win it all. At least I placed higher than he did. And Degen of course is GAF's Worst Hawk.
well I was winning for like 7 out of the 9 weeks, but I got fucked for the last 2 weeks. It's whatever though, people are dropping like flies in gafbats and getting free points so it's whatever really. Cloudius is one of the better players here and he's ranked 6th.

Fuck AE, bring on Apology Edition.

Well... fuck. I was gonna do the final tally up with some kind of flair but if text results are fine then I have no problem with that.

XBOX:

Satyamdas is a 2 time champion.
DBJ wishes he did this well at SB (sorry you 2-0'ed me this week :p)
Translayer falls to 3rd after trailing saty for most of the ranbat
Semitry makes sure a twin is up there with 4th
jlai takes 5th
6th place Invisibile_Insane
7th place relix
8th place. yay me

PS3
Nerf? What Nerf? Aedile takes 1st place to fill the empty throne.
The 3rd most annoying name to make sure i didnt fuck up. cHaotix takes 2nd
The beefiest man with the beefiest character takes 3rd place. good work Professor Beef
4th place Hycran
5th place Imm0rt4l who'se name i often had to make sure i put a 0 and not a o
6th Place Cloudius12 who'se name i managed to input as clodius12 at least once every week.
7th Place NeoUltima
8th Place Vulva

Overall Rankings. will be calculated.

Aedile

Well, I can't sleep--probably wasn't a good idea to play 90 minutes of SF4 right before bed, and the Rockstar and Dayquil cocktail didn't help--so I figured I'd write something.

First, I wanted to thank Kuma for running things and keeping everything straight even when it went a little haywire with dropouts, people not getting results in and so on. Ditto to everyone for participating, especially all the people I played against and got to talk with in Gafchat. While I've been around here for a while, I've never been particularly active, but you guys made me feel really welcome.

Secondly, as many of you know, I'm a complete fraud and I have no idea how I won. I think some combination of lag, favorable matchups and a number of good players not playing their mains helped me more than anything I did on my own. Plus I got a force majeure exemption for my match the week of Hurricane Irene against Rocwell, possibly the match I was most likely to lose. While I'm glad to have won, the fact that I did is good evidence that you shouldn't put too much stock in these sorts of tournaments except as a chance for having some fun.

That said, is everybody completely sick of AE now? Is everyone putting down their sticks until the update? Because it seems to me that while we have the best of the 360 and the best of the PS3 settled, the best is still up in the air. And maybe PC AE could provide a place to fight that out, maybe through a Gafsgarden round robin or a console-versus-console team tournament. Or, if there's no interest, I guess I can just go and get bodied by Saty for 20 games in a row again.

gg to everybody. While "love-hate" is probably the closest I'm going to get to positive feelings for AE, it was good to have played with you.

El Sloth

Banned
Imm0rt4l said:
well I was winning for like 7 out of the 9 weeks, but I got fucked for the last 2 weeks. It's whatever though, people are dropping like flies in gafbats and getting free points so it's whatever really. Cloudius is one of the better players here and he's ranked 6th.

Fuck AE, bring on Apology Edition.
I'd just like to point out that Eissan, despite having his account hacked, and I, whose 360 red-ringed, stuck it out to the end.

In the end though even Blanka's lag shenanigans couldn't get me in to the top 8. At least I finally managed to find a character I want to dedicate myself to as my main during the casuals I'd have afterwards.

jlai

Aedile said:
Well, I can't sleep--probably wasn't a good idea to play 90 minutes of SF4 right before bed, and the Rockstar and Dayquil cocktail didn't help--so I figured I'd write something.

First, I wanted to thank Kuma for running things and keeping everything straight even when it went a little haywire with dropouts, people not getting results in and so on. Ditto to everyone for participating, especially all the people I played against and got to talk with in Gafchat. While I've been around here for a while, I've never been particularly active, but you guys made me feel really welcome.

Secondly, as many of you know, I'm a complete fraud and I have no idea how I won. I think some combination of lag, favorable matchups and a number of good players not playing their mains helped me more than anything I did on my own. Plus I got a force majeure exemption for my match the week of Hurricane Irene against Rocwell, possibly the match I was most likely to lose. While I'm glad to have won, the fact that I did is good evidence that you shouldn't put too much stock in these sorts of tournaments except as a chance for having some fun.

That said, is everybody completely sick of AE now? Is everyone putting down their sticks until the update? Because it seems to me that while we have the best of the 360 and the best of the PS3 settled, the best is still up in the air. And maybe PC AE could provide a place to fight that out, maybe through a Gafsgarden round robin or a console-versus-console team tournament. Or, if there's no interest, I guess I can just go and get bodied by Saty for 20 games in a row again.

gg to everybody. While "love-hate" is probably the closest I'm going to get to positive feelings for AE, it was good to have played with you.

What's your PC GT?

NeoUltima

7th? Wow.
I couldn't believe it so I glanced at the spreadsheet.
My numbers seem right, but...

You sure you calculated right for everyone?

If the googledoc is what you are using, just by glance I see a mistake with week 8 recordings:

Tansut said:
Tansut falls to vulva

2-0 (Tansut currently at 0% downloaded)
1-2 (Tansut currently at 50% downloaded)
0-2 (Tansut downloaded FFFUUUUUUUUU)

GGs dude.

But Tansut was given 2 points. Vulva was given 1 point.

(that was just a random result I looked, most were fine)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I am over Vex? All is good in the world...

Thanks for it all Akuma. It was fun. :p

PD: Saty is still a fraud!

NeoUltima said:
7th? Wow.
I couldn't believe it so I glanced at the spreadsheet.
My numbers seem right, but...

You sure you calculated right for everyone?

If the googledoc is what you are using, just by glance I see a mistake with week 8 recordings:

But Tansut was given 2 points. Vulva was given 1 point.

(that was just a random result I looked, most were fine)

Yeah that's why vulva should be in 8th not kevo. Vancouver street battle is this weekend, so if anyone want sto train with me let me know. After that I'm hanging up the stick, maybe forever I havent decided yet.

Haha oh wowwwwwwww.

Just looked at the Google doc, I was awarded 2 points for my win over kevo. I knew the numbers werent adding up. I would have had 21 points and faced cloudius. So I guess that means i finish 3rd? No idea how to go about rectifying that mistake, guess we have to be more careful next time.

Onion_Relish said:
Haha oh wowwwwwwww.

Just looked at the Google doc, I was awarded 2 points for my win over kevo. I knew the numbers werent adding up. I would have had 21 points and faced cloudius. So I guess that means i finish 3rd? No idea how to go about rectifying that mistake, guess we have to be more careful next time.
1. your opponent wasnt kevo huevo this week
2. why didnt you say something when it was active?
3. if you lost a set the max you can score from a match you won is 2.5 (by winning a round during the set they won) if you didnt beat them 2-0 2-1 or 2-0 2-0 your score should be 2.0

I was referring to week 6 when I beat kevo. Anyways its not important. I finished tied for second when my points are tallied correctly, which ain't half bad. Just need more people to scrutinize it next time that's all. Thanks for organizing the tournament and thanks to everyone who participated.

Edit: tied for third rather.

Top Bottom