• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gafbats Season 2: This time its poor.

Onion_Relish said:
Haha oh wowwwwwwww.

Just looked at the Google doc, I was awarded 2 points for my win over kevo. I knew the numbers werent adding up. I would have had 21 points and faced cloudius. So I guess that means i finish 3rd? No idea how to go about rectifying that mistake, guess we have to be more careful next time.
You wouldn't have finished 3rd because I would have bodied you :p

All said and done, I enjoyed the GAFbats. It was my first one. Hycran, if I manage to get on this week and if you need to train a bit, I will be your training dummy.

Vice

I didn't get to play the last couple of weeks but all these matches reignited my competitive spirit. If any night owls want to play just hit mu up on XBL. I'm always on after midnight.

Yeah thanks for this Akuma. I got bodied in every single match but enjoyed the competition. Hopefully for the next one I show some improvements. Good games all.

Morris

Disco Devil
Yeah good shit everyone, I had fun.

I should have went with Yun :c, AE Dudley sucks.

Also Kuma, if you're ever doing a ranbat for ver2012, I can help you out with the weekly graphics.

Morro! said:
Yeah good shit everyone, I had fun.

I should have went with Yun :c, AE Dudley sucks.

Also Kuma, if you're ever doing a ranbat for ver2012, I can help you out with the weekly graphics.

I offered to help coordinate the next season of ranbats as well. Anyone on PSN side want to run a shorter set of matches before AE2012 is released? Holla

Cloudius12 said:
You wouldn't have finished 3rd because I would have bodied you :p

Yo say that to my face online and not on neogaf uuuullllll

the bison you played in pre-week is a mere shadow of my true psycho power. I am shin bison now.

And yeah, i need people to train me before the tournament so get at me online. I'll always be in gafchat

psn: Hycran

El Sloth

Banned
Vice said:
I didn't get to play the last couple of weeks but all these matches reignited my competitive spirit. If any night owls want to play just hit mu up on XBL. I'm always on after midnight.
Then you should hit up the gafbats IRC channel more often. Sometimes if feels like everyone on there is a night owl.

Onion_Relish said:
Yo say that to my face online and not on neogaf uuuullllll

the bison you played in pre-week is a mere shadow of my true psycho power. I am shin bison now.

And yeah, i need people to train me before the tournament so get at me online. I'll always be in gafchat

psn: Hycran
I need Bison practice, so I'm gonna add you sometime today or tomorrow.

Satyamdas

Banned
Good shit to Akuma for everything he's done running this thing, the man is a beast. <3 Akuma <3

Terrible shit to all the flakes who dropped out like pussies. More dropouts this time than last. GAF is weaksauce. >:|

Good shit to everyone who stuck around and had fun.

I remember Akuma being frustrated at all the dropouts and saying this would be the last one he presides over, and I can't blame him for that. I think if we do another one for AE 2012, we should cut down on the number of people since so many flake, or do something different like a team battle or round robin or something. Dat GAFSGARDEN. I dunno, I'll probably just end up getting bodied by FChamp and jtai and eva on PC forever and ever. And that's fine with me. ^_^

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Timedog not in Yun Tier is pure unadulterated bullshit. Half of those assholes are terrible compared to my best Roo.

Shoutouts to people that join a ranbat but can only play like one very specific time per week.

I'm the fucking best on the planet.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Satyamdas said:
Good shit to Akuma for everything he's done running this thing, the man is a beast. <3 Akuma <3

Terrible shit to all the flakes who dropped out like pussies. More dropouts this time than last. GAF is weaksauce. >:|

I remember Akuma being frustrated at all the dropouts and saying this would be the last one he presides over, and I can't blame him for that. I think if we do another one for AE 2012, we should cut down on the number of people since so many flake, or do something different like a team battle or round robin or something. Dat GAFSGARDEN. I dunno, I'll probably just end up getting bodied by FChamp and jtai and eva on PC forever and ever. And that's fine with me. ^_^

You get bodied by everyone

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Thanks to Akuma for running the ranbats so smoothly!

Satyamdas said:

At least this finished, unlike that BBCS tourney, lol. And the MvC3 tournament is still going on and on and on.

There's definitely a number of people here who should not be signing up for this stuff. It should not be difficult to play a couple of matches in the span of one week. Understandable if you're traveling though.

And please, please, PLEASE don't fucking sign up for this shit if you don't have a console/account/copy of the game. -_-

so i wanna enter SCR, but i need to do a lot of leveling up, gain more matchup experience, and i'm open to receiving honest criticism.

i'd like to ft5 against everyone who finished ahead of me as a gauge, then hopefully take some of that experience to local casuals and ranbats.

Bizazedo

El Sloth said:
Then you should hit up the gafbats IRC channel more often. Sometimes if feels like everyone on there is a night owl.
Most of you guys on PSN or XBL?

I have both, but XBL is closer to the computer + lazy.

rivals

Organizing will be a hassle but I'm down to participate in (and possibly help run/organize depending on what projects I have going on) a team tourney before or after 2012.

the team tourney is more of a hassle because more than 2 people have to be ready come matchtime. As far as future ranbats go right now I havent decided so the dream isnt dead yet.

how about a gafbats grudge match series?

maybe do salty runbacks from gafbats or just challenging people on gaf to a ft5 (or 10 if it's personal), and each series is streamed or uploaded to youtube to put the loser on blast?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
How come the pictures aren't updated, and there's no link to the google docs thing in OP anymore? I have no idea what place anyone got.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Combining PS and XB isn't really fair unless it can be shown that the level of competition was pretty equal on both sides, but whatevs.

Thanks Akuma and Salty.

It was a good time and my PR people are working on an official response to my final challenger.

Most importantly - I'm not dead last! WOOHOO!

I was expecting a far worse outcome. :p

Timedog said:
Combining PS and XB isn't really fair unless it can be shown that the level of competition was pretty equal on both sides, but whatevs.
you're just upset you arent higher on the ranking. You know that wont happen anyway the ps3 playerbase as a whole seems to be slightly less skilled than the xbl playerbase and there is never going to be cross platform play.

the fact is the people who were winning on ps side were winning matches in less rounds than people on the xbox side.

AkumaHokoru said:
you're just upset you arent higher on the ranking. You know that wont happen anyway the ps3 playerbase as a whole seems to be slightly less skilled than the xbl playerbase and there is never going to be cross platform play.

the fact is the people who were winning on ps side were winning matches in less rounds than people on the xbox side.

top 15 has 10 ps3 players, 5 xbox players. If anything, judging by the averages it would make more sense to say that the xbox has a lower quality playerbase but the top 3 xbox players are exceedingly good.

Satyamdas

Banned
Onion_Relish said:
top 15 has 10 ps3 players, 5 xbox players. If anything, judging by the averages it would make more sense to say that the xbox has a lower quality playerbase but the top 3 xbox players are exceedingly good.
I don't think you can make that claim when the xbox side had almost a full tier drop out. The averages would be skewed because of that.

I also don't think we can say one side has more skilled players than the other since each side only plays against themselves. If there was a Wii side full of super scrubs, it is possible that some of them would also get 25 points but lose every match against anyone on the xbox or ps3 side. I have my suspicions as to which side has more skilled players, but the only way to make that claim definitively would be to have the two sides play each other. So get on PC you FreeSN scrubs!!

>:D

jlai

Satyamdas said:
I don't think you can make that claim when the xbox side had almost a full tier drop out. The averages would be skewed because of that.

I also don't think we can say one side has more skilled players than the other since each side only plays against themselves. If there was a Wii side full of super scrubs, it is possible that some of them would also get 25 points but lose every match against anyone on the xbox or ps3 side. I have my suspicions as to which side has more skilled players, but the only way to make that claim definitively would be to have the two sides play each other. So get on PC you FreeSN scrubs!!

360 v PS3 showdown on AE PC. I know Aedile, Cloudius, and Chaotix already have it!

Satyamdas said:

Hey, I'm game to cross-play at some point. I have both console versions and will be getting the PC version once it's cheap enough and/or I have a PC capable of playing it reasonably well (though, to be fair, I've yet to try running vanilla on this laptop).

Maybe we should round up the folks with both console versions and have a sort of console war grudge match? :p

The Take Out Bandit said:
Thanks Akuma and Salty.

It was a good time and my PR people are working on an official response to my final challenger.

Most importantly - I'm not dead last! WOOHOO!

I was expecting a far worse outcome. :p

I challenge you to a FT5. I was bummed I didn't get matched up against you at some point during the ranbats.

/grudgematch begin

If I had gotten in on that 400 MS Points thing earlier, I would've tried to play on my stepdad's 360.
KuGsj.gif

Imm0rt4l

Onion_Relish said:
xbox side had a ton of dropouts, placing in relation to ps3/360 isn't indicative of anything really.

El Sloth said:
You still would have to have bought AE as well.
I probably could've went to Gamestop and gotten SFIV dirt-cheap, and used the free points to buy AE. Of course, this is something i thought of way too late since the points thing isn't good anymore.

Cloudius vs Timedog
9-7
He got alot of free wins off my other characters I don't play.

Some matches got laggy, (probably me).

ggs

My Guile and Honda remains undefeated.
Gen lost in that last one.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I need to get used to this new seimitsu stick. So many fireballs turned into nonsensical forward jumps.

Nah, I beat your Guile once. That matchup is bad, but becomes even worse for Ryu in bad lag. I have no excuse for losing to your Honda, other than no one really playing him online. If I knew we were going to be posting numbers on GAF for bragging rights I'd have played more serious.

Top Bottom