• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yado

Bat for Lashes' cover of I'm on Fire
iAzEWvpda2AJB.gif

In fact , although I can only speak for myself, I suspect most people aren't making fun of Madonna's age per se. They make fun of the fact that she's desperately trying to compete with the likes of Riahnna (sp) and Miley Cyrus when she has earned the right not to be this desperate. She should be sitting on her f*cking throne and making music that's she's proud of instead of whatever she thinks will connect with teenagers. When was the last time she made something that was worthy of her catalogue of classics? Probably Music (or Hung Up if you're feeling generous).

But have you met Joan Rivers

She had me dead with her jokes.

Nemesis_

I'll let you in a couple of secrets. The first is I'm (still kind of) a Madonna fan. She had me until Hard Candy at least. I even forgave her that album because the tour was ace. What you kids do here these days, I did in the days of Dotmusic - it was fun making fun of Mariah's weight (I guess some things never change) and Janet's nose.

I'm not sure why you thought I was bashing Madonna for her age. I was making fun of whatever she's doing to her face that makes her look like a f*cking wax doll. You don't have to be old to ruin your face with plastic surgery. And only die-hard Madonna fans think she looks "fantastic" or significantly younger than her years. She doesn't. The last time I remember her looking good was in the Hard Candy era but she's gone too far since. She was never a great beauty but she had great bone structure and striking features which are completely gone these days. The Grammys red carpet pictures were painful to look at.

In fact , although I can only speak for myself, I suspect most people aren't making fun of Madonna's age per se. They make fun of the fact that she's desperately trying to compete with the likes of Riahnna (sp) and Miley Cyrus when she has earned the right not to be this desperate. She should be sitting on her f*cking throne and making music that's she's proud of instead of whatever she thinks will connect with teenagers. When was the last time she made something that was worthy of her catalogue of classics? Probably Music (or Hung Up if you're feeling generous).

Back when she released Ray Of Light I remember being excited for her future. I was under the delusion that the older she got the less she'd care about charts and the better her output would be. We all know what happened.

dddddddddd not too much truth for one day please

iGq5UQWNxa7nz.gif

Vitanimus

yaaaaaaas drag ha

I just got back from a club having a Beyoncé special night and literally the club vibrated with sexual tension when DiL played. Beyoncé, ha power

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I'd ask who else besides you is anticipating The Art of Letting Go (of Relevance), but I suppose you will have an impact on her sales if every person you pretend to be buys a copy.

How did I missed this? #SCREAMING

I know you
I walked with you once upon a dream
I know you
That look in your eyes is so familiar a gleam
And I know it's true
That visions are seldom all they seem
But if I know you
I know what you'll do
You'll love me at once
The way you did once upon a dream

Sang it, Lana.

Aurora could never.

royalan

After Britney butchered S&M with her passionless, robotic, cotton-nose vocals I am NOT here for more of Britney collaborating with pop gurls who actually have a pulse.

Nemesis_

tumblr_n0l9sgenIs1rozfx7o1_500.jpg

this is the third vaguely iconic miley cover this year, i'm worried

idk they've done the iconic Marilyn / Blonde Ambition Madonna look so many times is there anyone who can't properly pull it off?

I realise that there is perhaps some irony in this being said by a Gaga stan but whatever I am pre-empting retort shade

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
hmmm that was still kind of underwhelming, just made me want to listen to invisible

[edit] kiss me off by the scissor sisters, i forgot how much it slays

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
How in the fuck do you even use spotify on your phone, i've put russian kiss in its own playlist and its just playing any annie song

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
No, because most people here like really her new album. It's pretty great imo.

The acoustic version of Crying for No Reason shows she's got a great voice. I like the regular version too, but I'm a sucker for a woman with a good voice just singing sans extraneous music backing.

Never heard of her until this thread though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom