• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
for some reason i thought 'jar of farts' was a shade name for 'genie in a bottle' and now whenever i think about it i start laughing uncontrollably again

Vitanimus

for some reason i thought 'jar of farts' was a shade name for 'genie in a bottle' and now whenever i think about it i start laughing uncontrollably again

bhuHH.gif

If the shoe fits...

royalan

yeak ok at your BS

it doesn't make sense for a charity to use their money to fund other charities which is what the article is trying to use against her, they are a charity so of course they will use the money and fund themselves

leave the desperate reaching to the psychotic Madonna fans

But if so much of the charity's intake is going towards financing itself what's the fucking point? Unless she really thinks parking that bus at Six Flags amusements parks (which is where I curiously ran into it a few months ago) is going to help anyone. The Born This Way Foundation's methods for distributing the support it's alleging to give are so flawed it ain't funny. The only charitable work being done here is the fostering of Gaga's egotistical belief that she's not just a cracked-out pop star and that her brand actually helps people, Which...#BitchYouKnowThatALie. She clearly has no passion for the foundation outside of that which is why its visibility has been at damn-near zero since that blasted bus.

Not every celebrity can be Alicia Keys (who devoted a significant portion of her time, and at the PEAK of her career, to establish Keep a Child Alive, a charity that has gone on to raise millions and of which she is a vital part even to this day. You go girl.). If Gaga wants to be a force of good at this point, she should put her money where her mouth is and donate to charities that actually have a workable system for distributing aid to people in need, and not wasting it on a good-for-nothing that only serves to puff up her own ego.

Gaga's stans really need to learn the difference between someone who actually wants to help people, and someone who's just fucking high all the time.

And after the New York Post had its fill, there was but one follicle left.

Marius_ crumpled to the floor, a barely conscious sac of mascara-stained tears, broken dreams, and Sharpied-on paws.

"At least I still have you," she sighed, eyeing her lone strand of weave remaining, the auburn-tinged string of dead protein dancing serenely in the wind.

But her relief was tragically ephemeral, for in the distance galloped a wild royalan armed with a firm grip ready for wig snatchinG and a mission.

"There will be not a single hair left on her head when I am done."

FIN

But if so much of the charity's intake is going towards financing itself what's the fucking point? Unless she really thinks parking that bus at Six Flags amusements parks (which is where I curiously ran into it a few months ago) is going to help anyone. The Born This Way Foundation's methods for distributing the support it's alleging to give are so flawed it ain't funny. The only charitable work being done here is the fostering of Gaga's egotistical belief that she's not just a cracked-out pop star and that her brand actually helps people, Which...#BitchYouKnowThatALie. She clearly has no passion for the foundation outside of that which is why its visibility has been at damn-near zero since that blasted bus.

Not every celebrity can be Alicia Keys (who devoted a significant portion of her time, and at the PEAK of her career, to establish Keep a Child Alive, a charity that has gone on to raise millions and of which she is a vital part even to this day. You go girl.). If Gaga wants to be a force of good at this point, she should put her money where her mouth is and donate to charities that actually have a workable system for distributing aid to people in need, and not wasting it on a good-for-nothing that only serves to puff up her own ego.

Gaga's stans really need to learn the difference between someone who actually wants to help people, and someone who's just fucking high all the time.

Don't hold back.

image.php

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I don't think we should be too harsh on Gaga. Setting up a charity is expensive, and if the charity is performing charitable acts themselves then it makes sense that they wouldn't be giving much money to other charities.

Having said that, I'm not 100% clear what they're doing beyond the Born This Way Bus. Do they do outreach programmes or anything?

And after the New York Post had its fill, there was but one follicle left.

Marius_ crumpled to the floor, a barely conscious sac of mascara-stained tears, broken dreams, and Sharpied-on paws.

"At least I still have you," she sighed, eyeing her lone strand of weave remaining, the auburn-tinged string of dead protein dancing serenely in the wind.

But her relief was tragically ephemeral, for in the distance galloped a wild royalan armed with a firm grip ready for wig snatchinG and a mission.

"There will be not a single hair left on her head when I am done."

FIN

iQIPp9Aldh3Km.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
But if so much of the charity's intake is going towards financing itself what's the fucking point? Unless she really thinks parking that bus at Six Flags amusements parks (which is where I curiously ran into it a few months ago) is going to help anyone. The Born This Way Foundation's methods for distributing the support it's alleging to give are so flawed it ain't funny. The only charitable work being done here is the fostering of Gaga's egotistical belief that she's not just a cracked-out pop star and that her brand actually helps people, Which...#BitchYouKnowThatALie. She clearly has no passion for the Foundation outside of that which is why it's visibility has been at damn-near zero since that blasted bus.

lmao how exactly do you know if the bus or her other projects have helped anyone or not. Oh wait you dont you are just going on your same tired tirade of mudslinging any popstar that isn't rotating on a chair stringing her fans with 1 months eras every couple of years

And I guess Harvard and the MacArthur Foundation also want to puff their ego by continuing to support Foundation? The charity is new and still gathering solid doners so it wont gather most of the money from gaga herself and therefore expand their project

but dont be pressed that you just passed the bus and didn't get the chance to go inside, maybe if you would have you would have gained some self-respect and not be spreading your nudes to strangers on the web and people wouldnt be slut shaming you here 24/7 but I guess we can't all be brave

iuErVAOzk6eDV.gif

royalan

lmao how exactly do you know if the bus or her other projects have helped anyone or not. Oh wait you dont you are just going on your same tired tirade of mudslinging any popstar that isn't rotating on a chair stringing her fans with 1 months eras every couple of years

And I guess Harvard and the MacArthur Foundation also want to puff their ego by continuing to support Foundation? The charity is new and still gathering solid doners so it wont gather most of the money from gaga herself and therefore expand their project

but dont be pressed that you just passed the bus and didn't get the chance to go inside, maybe if you would have you would have gained some self-respect and not be spreading your nudes to strangers on the web and people wouldnt be slut shaming you here 24/7 but I guess we can't all be brave

iuErVAOzk6eDV.gif

Gurl, are you that mad?

iuErVAOzk6eDV.gif

Sis, celebrity charities are birthed and laid to rest every other day, so I really don't understand why it's such a surprise to you that Born This Way Foundation is a stone cold flop. And not because it's new, but because Gaga doesn't give a stone cold shit about it. If she did, she'd be on the ground floor with her hands in the dirt doing the work required to get it established, which is how Bad Bitches (like the aforementioned Alicia Keys) do it, instead of wasting her time getting baked in Texas and pausing for the occasional photo op.

That's the tea. Sip.

A wild royalan advanced ferociously, eyes fixed firmly on the single dignified hair left untouched by Billboard's 2013 end of year list, Roar, BEYONCÉ, and harsh reality.

"I will snatcH that hurr," a wild royalan trumpeted across the land.

Marius_ barely had enough time to realize she was a dead gurl when a wild royalan swooped into the scene, fist ready for wig snatchinG.

But a wild royalan didn't know that Marius_ was not alone.

"YASSSSS!!!!" Marius_ bellowed, the sonic thunderclap echoing from dilapidated, orgy-filled, single-room apartment in Queens to dilapidated, orgy-filled, single-room apartment in Queens. A wild royalan stood frozen for a moment, the piercing shriek too terrifying for a single soul to bear.

But the call was more than just the desperate yelp of a dying stan, as the signal was a lure for wave after wave of bottom-bitch stan detritus. After ARTPOP, however, the only ones left were Soulscribe and Nemesis.

Still, a wild royalan was now grossly outnumbered.

FIN

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Gurl, are you that mad?

iuErVAOzk6eDV.gif

Sis, celebrity charities are birthed and laid to rest every other day, so I really don't understand why it's such a surprise to you that Born This Way Foundation is a stone cold flop. And not because it's new, but because Gaga doesn't give a stone cold shit about it. If she did, she'd be on the ground floor with her hands in the dirt doing the work required to get it established, which is how Bad Bitches (like the aforementioned Alicia Keys), instead of wasting her time getting baked in Texas and pausing for the occasional photo op.

That's the tea. Sip.

again with the kii

she in Texas to raise money for the foundation, the concert is free and Doritas check is going straight to it but once again you are misinformed. You are trying so hard to slander it when you yourself don't know know if it has helped anyone or not. So yes she is in the ground helping

but I know her actively working must puzzled you since you are not use to a popstar putting any kind of effort into their projects

iuErVAOzk6eDV.gif

YAAAAAS Marius with the no-nonsense.

That foundation is a social outreach/grassroots program. It's not a grant-giving charity because the PRODUCT of its charity is through the physical outreach. In other words, she's fine. And actually, her work can be seen as more earnest than the typical celebrity who would rather throw money at a cause than actually put the work on the field. But the muck-racking is eternally more fun, I know. We want to villanize the pop star but only after we shell out money to make them popular in the first place. It's like a long term self-clock. lol

A wild royalan advanced ferociously, eyes fixed firmly on the single dignified hair left untouched by Billboard's 2013 end of year list, Roar, BEYONCÉ, and harsh reality.

"I will snatcH that hurr," a wild royalan trumpeted across the land.

Marius_ barely had enough time to realize she was a dead gurl when a wild royalan swooped into the scene, fist ready for wig snatchinG.

But a wild royalan didn't know that Marius_ was not alone.

"YASSSSS!!!!" Marius_ bellowed, the sonic thunderclap echoing from dilapidated, orgy-filled, single-room apartment in Queens to dilapidated, orgy-filled, single-room apartment in Queens. A wild royalan stood frozen for a moment, the piercing shriek too terrifying for a single soul to bear.

But the call was more than just the desperate yelp of a dying stan, as the signal was a lure for wave after wave of bottom-bitch stan detritus. After ARTPOP, however, the only ones left were Soulscribe and Nemesis.

Still, a wild royalan was now grossly outnumbered.

FIN

Omg NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

... @ you insinuating that I'm a bottom

Partition

Banned
d people are so quick to try and go in on Gaga, now we are trying to discredit her charity work?

http://www.vocativ.com/culture/celebrity/lady-gaga-actually-charitable-everyone/

Are we talking about this too?

What they’re not reporting is that more than $1.3 million, or 72 percent, of those expenses directly funded her charitable projects.

According to the 990 form, Gaga’s foundation, which she launched in 2011, spent more than $406,000 on legal fees, around $9,000 on office expenses, $50,000 on website design and some $150,000 on philanthropic consulting in 2012. These functional expenses sound huge, especially if you interpret Gaga’s comparatively measly five grand as her only charitable gift. However, a deeper assessment of the document reveals that the $1.3 million in “program expenses”—the costs of operating her charitable causes—was spent on three key projects.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Seems like everybody's got a price,
I wonder how they sleep at night
When the sale comes first
And the truth comes second.
Just stop for a minute and smile

Why is everybody so serious?
Acting so damn mysterious?
Got your shades on your eyes
And your heels so high
That you can't even have a good time

Everybody look to their left (yeah)
Everybody look to their right
Can you feel that (yeah)
We're paying with love tonight?

It's not about the money, money, money
We don't need your money, money, money
We just wanna make the world dance,
Forget about the price tag
Ain't about the (uh) cha-ching cha-ching
Ain't about the (yeah) ba-bling ba-bling
Wanna make the world dance,
Forget about the price tag (OK)

Partition

Banned

And your heels so high

Can you feel that (yeah)

That song was never good

image.php

royalan

again with the kii

she in Texas to raise money for the foundation, the concert is free and Doritas check is going straight to it but once again you are misinformed. You are trying so hard to slander it when you yourself don't know know if it has helped anyone or not. So yes she is in the ground helping

but I know her actively working must puzzled you since you are not use to a popstar putting any kind of effort into their projects

iuErVAOzk6eDV.gif

I find it highly convenient that the most visible act Gaga has extended towards her flopdation seems to have come right before the widespread criticism of that flopdation's distribution of its funds. Don't you? As it stands now Doritos could donate an entire quarter's profits to BTWF, but without a solid scheme for aid distribution what the hell does it matter? All it's going to do is buy more fuel to keep that eye-sore of a bus on the road and scaring our poor, impressionable youth even deeper into the closet. Do you think hosting a single mobile station (that looks like the contents of Lil' Bow Wow's asshole) for "professional, private or group chats about mental health, depression, bully, school and friends" is an effective allocation of effort from a pop star as rich and globally visible as Lady Gaga? I sure don't. I mean, it's something, sure. But ain't worth more than a pat on the back coming from someone like Gaga. I mean, you have local charities providing mobile STD testing clinics and counseling centers staffed by qualified professionals, helping more people and doing it for less than the BTWF apparently requires just to keep itself alive.

More importantly, if Gaga really gave a shit, she'd probably have someone other than her mother in charge of this, especially considering that the Germanottas don't necessarily have a track record for good business.

And you can keep my fave's name out your mouth. Xtina may not be pretentious enough to have a charity in her image, but she's donated her celebrity, her image, her voice and her presence to world hunger relief, and is credited by Yum! Brand for helping to raise over 22 million for the cause.

I can't blame you for being so thirsty, sis. The tea is hot...

Partition

Banned
Now we are using Joannes health code receipts? The reach is far.

Gurl I ate there and my food tasted fine, not like rats. If you actually read the reviews of the critics and compare them to the reviews of normal people, there is a large disconnect; it has been getting slandered because of the Gaga association. Shame, my pasta was quite good.

SaintZ

And your heels so high

Can you feel that (yeah)

This is making me scream so much idek why. Are you back stanning Jessie J tho?

Also NEW MUSIC: SAY LOU LOU - EVERTYHING WE TOUCH

royalan

Seriously, WHAT is up with the bottom-shaming? Not just in this thread, but I'm seeing it everywhere lately. Even in real life! It's sad. I guess the dream of equality for homosexuals can't become reality until we have our very own subgroup to oppress, right?

Bottoms stand tall. Seriously, what would tops do without us, sword fight all day?

Seriously, WHAT is up with the bottom-shaming? Not just in this thread, but I'm seeing it everywhere lately. Even in real life! It's sad. I guess the dream of equality for homosexuals can't become reality until we have our very own subgroup to oppress, right?

Bottoms stand tall. Seriously, what would tops do without us, sword fight all day?

We teach bottoms to shrink themselves, to make themselves smaller.

edit: Don't sleep on frottage, children. Its the business.

Vazduh

Ughhh I love Say Lou Lou. Weirdly they remind me of Au Revoir Simone .. Not directly.. It's been a while since I've listened to them

I guess it's the vocals? I can see a bit of ARS in SLL.

Porcelain Black has released a lyric video for "One Woman Army". I don't know, she's talented, she's pretty, she's definitely not uncharismatic, yet there's something lacking, I can't see her ever becoming huge.

RedOne may have (had) an ear for a good hit, but he's weird when it comes to people he signed to his label. Mohombi, Porcelain Black, Midnight Red, Siva from The Wanted (yes, he's recording stuff with RedOne)... does he have a hard-on for flops or what? I seriously don't get it.

Preach. We're all just needlessly mean.

Vazduh

What you said is true, sadly.

There's a lot of self-hatred within the gay community, that's the biggest problem. That, plus people often have this wrong perception of bottoms having only feminine qualities and being submissive in every aspect of their lives, which is simply ridiculous.

It is a problem definitely. I view it as a facet of the gay community's internalized homophobia.

The view that the 'passive' partner is being used by the 'active' partner and isn't an active participant in sex which of course all goes back to the misogynistic beliefs regarding women fucking multiple men and being seen as used and impure. Essentially saying that gay male bottoms are not really men, are equal to women, and are inherently worth less than gay male tops and straight men.

Top privilege is real.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

i love a dick in my anus from time to time, i don't know what you mean

[edit] i mean wrt this thread not in general

[edit] and enjoying kylie isn't a sign of being a bottom anyway, it's a sign of being generally amazing in all aspects of life

Vitanimus

This page is too much. LordT. I'm glad Say Lou Lou is getting some credit before Robyn swoops in as our Swedish pop savior.

also, this bottom appreciation! you're bringing tears to my eyes!
not that I'd know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom