• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

cory64

Let It Go finally hit the top 10 of the Hot 100

#1 movie for 3 weeks
#1 album for 5 weeks
#2 movie of 2013
#9 hit on the Hot 100
Platinum selling album
Platinum selling single
2 Oscars

tumblr_mro022ShDK1sapmszo1_r1_400.gif

Stefan™;104163432 said:
I got banned on ATRL for using that shitty gif. I can't.

djafndkjfasd not that shit ass designer getting you banned. you should have at least stepped it up with a true qwiin like season 5 kenly collins.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I'm so nervous right now. The presale for Lana's tickets are today. I hope I get them.

Sis, you better be fast because:

"I can count on 1 hand how many artists have sold out in 1 day at Comerica Theatre, and none of them did it faster than Lana."- Live Nation

"Lana Del Rey is the fastest selling show in the 3+ years the Cosmopolitan has been open." - Las Vegas Promoter Huston Powell

ec20fb7f.gif

Vazduh

eau, metronomy have a new album out, let me try it

New Metronomy is really good, loved that one.

Oh, and if by any chance anyone wants to listen to some great indie music, definitely give these three bands a listen:

Bombay Bicycle Club - Carry Me
Bombay Bicycle Club - It's Alright Now

(from the album "So Long, See You Tomorrow". So far the best album I've listened to this year and without a doubt, the best BBC album. There's not a single bad track on it.)

Real Estate - Talking Backwards
Real Estate - Horizon

(from the album "Atlas". Just as good, if not better than the previous two albums.)

Dum Dum Girls - Lost Boys And Girls Club
Dum Dum Girls - In The Wake Of You

(from the album "Too True To Be Good". Maybe their best release, honestly. Co-produced by Sune Rose Wagner from The Raveonettes!)

All three albums are great, melodic indie rock and I think they would appeal to most of POPGaf.

Yado

I didn't know the Dum Dum Girls had a new album out...since January too. I'll have to get into that later.

Thank you Vazduh. :)

Sooo... Austin "Jailbait" Mahone has just released a music video for his new single.

MMM Yeah (feat. Pitbull)

Ugh. Plus, the video is a total ripoff of Jamiroquai's "Virtual Insanity".
Utterly gross tbh

And what is VEVO doing promoting the clip of a minor child with the ugly, queasy, generally Delio-rific title of Austin Mahone Playing Basketball Shirtless? I've never seen such blatantly self-aware cynicism about an artist's fanbase.

And he doesn't even have abs tho

In other breaking news, Lady Gaga takes soulscribe's money and runs.

Lady Gaga's album-themed charity only gave out $5,000 in grants in 2012, after spending $1.85 million on lawyer, PR and social media fees.

tumblr_mzgmr1IGDL1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

In a statement the foundation said all of these fees "directly serves the Born This Way Foundation’s core mission of empowering youth."

tumblr_mzgmr1IGDL1ql5yr7o1_500.gif

Vazduh

I didn't know the Dum Dum Girls had a new album out...since January too. I'll have to get into that later.

Thank you Vazduh. :)

tumblr_mcmfwwYcoq1rrpsd7.gif

@Trigger, I wonder that myself, too. Plus, why was he signed by Ca$h Money which has all these good producers when they obviously don't know what to do with the boy?

I've read somewhere that Paris Hilton is going to feature on one of his songs. Poor guy, lmao

That's actually pretty normal for a new start-up charity. Laying down foundations and outreach marketing takes a LOT out of your gross in the first few years, especially with a celebrity as the mascot. If anything I'm wondering what the "other" category includes, considering it's a pretty big chunk of it. lol

But keep the mudslinging going I guess. At least she has a charity though.

That's actually pretty normal for a new start-up charity. Laying down foundations and outreach marketing takes a LOT out of your gross in the first few years, especially with a celebrity as the mascot. If anything I'm wondering what the "other" category includes, considering it's a pretty big chunk of it. lol

They spent 1% (literally) of what they earned on grants, and the other 99% on hookers, blow, and lawyers.

But OK.

Trigger

@Trigger, I wonder that myself, too. Plus, why was he signed by Ca$h Money which has all these good producers when they obviously don't know what to do with the boy?

I've read somewhere that Paris Hilton is going to feature on one of his songs. Poor guy, lmao

I didn't even realize that he was signed by Cash Money. I wouldn't expect them to produce such a generic sounding artist.

lady gaga continues to steal the hard earned allowance money from her little monsters. #pray4littlemonsters #dopesingle2014

nnnnnnnnn

Lady Gaga Is Actually Charitable, Everyone

According to the 990 form, Gaga’s foundation, which she launched in 2011, spent more than $406,000 on legal fees, around $9,000 on office expenses, $50,000 on website design and some $150,000 on philanthropic consulting in 2012. These functional expenses sound huge, especially if you interpret Gaga’s comparatively measly five grand as her only charitable gift. However, a deeper assessment of the document reveals that the $1.3 million in “program expenses”—the costs of operating her charitable causes—was spent on three key projects.

Her “Born to Be Brave” bus tour, which traveled across the country to provide therapy and mental health education to young people; the “development of a youth outreach program” that would build up after-school programs; and the creation of a “youth advisory board summit,” whose goal was to “reflect and magnify the strength, determination, creativity and capacity of our youth” all got the benefit of these funds. The fact that Gaga gave only $5,000 in the form of a grant is not so important; doling out cash isn’t the only way to give back.

SaintZ

Speaking about Canada's finest rose, she's coming to my city in May #RIP

I'm gonna see ha for the first time since becoming ha stan 12 years ago :'(

Speaking about Canada's finest rose, she's coming to my city in May #RIP

I'm gonna see ha for the first time since becoming ha stan 12 years ago :'(
Oh wow! I'm so happy for you. I hope she performs all the songs you like. Have fun and take lots of pictures. :)

Mumei

... If anything, this episode should have demonstrated that simply 'having a charity' is meaningless.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
At least she has a charity though.

i really don't think you do your fave any favours by insisting that her achieving a bare minimum is worthy of praise

she is not a great artist by causing bemusement, and she's not a great philanthropist merely for setting up a charity

Is it actually common for an organization that does active charity to give its money to other charities? That doesn't sound right to me. The whole purpose of the BTWF (and donating money to it) is for the busses and the counseling and social media outreach and such... if that's the entire intent of its existence then it's already doing its job, no?

Is it actually common for an organization that does active charity to give its money to other charities? That doesn't sound right to me. The whole purpose of the BTWF (and donating money to it) is for the busses and the counseling and social media outreach and such... if that's the entire intent of its existence then it's already doing its job, no?
screen%20shot%202013-07-30%20at%209.48.10%20am.png

Vitanimus

New Metronomy is really good, loved that one.

Oh, and if by any chance anyone wants to listen to some great indie music, definitely give these three bands a listen:

Bombay Bicycle Club - Carry Me
Bombay Bicycle Club - It's Alright Now

(from the album "So Long, See You Tomorrow". So far the best album I've listened to this year and without a doubt, the best BBC album. There's not a single bad track on it.)

Real Estate - Talking Backwards
Real Estate - Horizon

(from the album "Atlas". Just as good, if not better than the previous two albums.)

Dum Dum Girls - Lost Boys And Girls Club
Dum Dum Girls - In The Wake Of You

(from the album "Too True To Be Good". Maybe their best release, honestly. Co-produced by Sune Rose Wagner from The Raveonettes!)

All three albums are great, melodic indie rock and I think they would appeal to most of POPGaf.

Thank you for these recommendations, good sis.

Today has been a very M.I.A. day, I've been bopping to XXXO quite a lot. Kween.

ibiWxlnD1aOAMV.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
They spent 1% (literally) of what they earned on grants, and the other 99% on hookers, blow, and lawyers.

But OK.

yeak ok at your BS

Creating local grassroots events to support youth with mental illness, abusive household situations, disabilities, in search of friends, answers. We believe in advocating empowerment and creating a safe space for kids to go who feel helpless. Suicide Prevention, Compassion, Inspiring Bravery. This is our mission. We do not raise money and allocate the funds to other charities for them to do the work. We do the work. We formed a brand new, up-to-date with all the newest research and best doctors in the country approach to youth wellness. My mom is on the ground with the kids, so am I, the whole Born Brave Team is. Check out my mom's article in the HUFFINGTON POST to learn more http://tinyurl.com/l57mokp

it doesn't make sense for a charity to use their money to fund other charities which is what the article is trying to use against her, they are a charity so of course they will use the money and fund themselves

leave the desperate reaching to the psychotic Madonna fans

cory64

Jar of Hearts is so boundlessly offensive to rational thought that she would need to put out 5 Blackouts in a row to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom